It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IKEA are Nazis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Did you know it's common fact that the founder of IKEA was in a pro-Nazi group in Sweden?

Even today, IKEA is very nationalistic about Sweden. They even ran a commercial in England that said "stop being so English".

Do you think they are part of any conspiracy? I'm kinda kidding but I'm kinda not.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Did you know it's common fact that the founder of IKEA was in a pro-Nazi group in Sweden?

Yeah. It's funny how many finns wants to drive up haparanda and by from nazis

Even I have ikea product, though I never bought it by myself.

About the founder, Ingvar Kamprad.

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
They sell poorly made Chinese crap, so should be boycotted for that reason alone. Their meatballs and marshmallow puffs are good, though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My uncle used to own a few ikea stores in Holland, considering that my grandad was in the resistance in holland (and escaped a firing squad), I'd doubt his son is running a nazi store with any prior knowledge

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Did you know that Hugo Boss designed the Nazi SS uniform.
SSecond line.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So what? Last time I heard Arnie Schwarzenegger's father was a Nazi supporter too, yet he was elected Governor of California.

Just because they may or may not have "ties" to a defeated group, doesn't necessarily mean they think in that way or support them.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Even today, IKEA is very nationalistic about Sweden. They even ran a commercial in England that said "stop being so English".

I think you're confused by this, that's if you're "kinda not kidding".

The point about 'stop being so English'* is in reference to a stereotype: the idea of the English as being very straight-laced, reserved and stuck in very traditional, often old-fashioned ways. The Swedes are basically saying 'relax' and, in reference to another, older advert, 'throw out the chintz'.

*Imagine the outcry in America if a foreign firm ran a campaign telling Americans to 'stop being so American'.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
So what? Last time I heard Arnie Schwarzenegger's father was a Nazi supporter too, yet he was elected Governor of California.

Just because they may or may not have "ties" to a defeated group, doesn't necessarily mean they think in that way or support them.

To further this, look at the dealings of the Bush family during WWII. Think of all the firms that were involved with the Nazis: Bayer, BASF, Daimler-Benz, Volkswagen, Porsche and so on.

I'm not sure what the beef is with IKEA.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Actually it could have something to do with the owner of IKEA being in the worlds Top 10 rich list. Methinks there is a hint of jealousy here.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Nah this thread is just for lulz.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I knoew it!
Those damn ikea people
no wounder everything breaks!
Drive people insane with there crappy furniture, thats there plan

[=_=] im on to you ikea

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

So what? I like their furniture which is quite good (if you assemble it properly), the food is good there. Meatballs have already been mentioned. 99p breakfasts, Kids creche, Dime cake,

Handy hint for the people who say that their furniture is crap - if you have a handful of screws left at the end of building it, you've not followed the steps properly!

I have some of their stuff dating back about 15 years (when I first started going there) and its holding up just fine!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
So what? I like their furniture which is quite good (if you assemble it properly), the food is good there. Meatballs have already been mentioned. 99p breakfasts, Kids creche, Dime cake,

Handy hint for the people who say that their furniture is crap - if you have a handful of screws left at the end of building it, you've not followed the steps properly!

I have some of their stuff dating back about 15 years (when I first started going there) and its holding up just fine!

I've never understood the idea that IKEA furniture falls apart and is crap. Everything I've ever bought is incredibly sturdy and well-made.

Also, I thank IKEA for free refills in the cafeteria. Whilst some countries in the world take this for granted, it's pretty much a novelty where I live.

Whilst I have an issue with the fact that the IKEA in my town has a genuine conspiracy attached - it's a large store built in the middle of a small town and had no planning application and money was changed hands from the start - I'd much, much rather see IKEAs in our towns and cities than more McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks, GAP, Urban Outfitters and so on.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

ikea? the ones that make interlocking and stackable furniture? they make food too?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm offended by IKEA's existance. They are a plague upon the wonderful, beatiful world of ready-made furniture. How DARE they force THEIR manual labour on me! Hogwash!

P.S. I'm kidding.

new topics

top topics

join