It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what makes you believe the world is round?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Uh....what post are you reading. This was in the OP thread.

Yet when we talk about evolution which is as much as a scientific truth as the world being round and gravity, why is there so much debate on the subject, when so much scientific evidence is there to support it?

Sooooooo...what was this thread about?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Seeing as I would guess none of us here have been to space and seen the earth from up there, why do we believe the world is round?

Actually the Earth is an oblate spheroid - a squashed spherical shape or ellipsoid. I mean come on.... the evidence from satellites from many different countries is plentiful!

It's now common knowledge that the world is round that gravity exists. These things are Truth's.

Haha! Yes gravity is keeping you in your chair so unless you're floating around your room, yes gravity is a truth of life.

Yet when we talk about evolution which is as much as a scientific truth as the world being round and gravity, why is there so much debate on the subject, when so much scientific evidence is there to support it?

Because people are ignorant of reality, and they don't like certain parts of this reality. There's no scientific controversy between creationism and evolution. The overwhelming scientific evidence is what defines us, and the religious beliefs are nothing more than fantasies. Those who don't like the evidence, and who ignore it, may claim evolution not to be proven. But not liking something doesn't make it untrue. The lack of evidence of religious beliefs is why it's treated like any other unproven assertion in science.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
delete!

[edit on 14-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Can you please tell me the evidence of evolution? I would love to know the,

without a doubt, undeniable, be all end all, irrefutable, no nonsense, can't

debate, bud light sponsored, in your face, check this out, now what, take that,

oh my God, proof that you or anyone else has.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join