It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place in the world outside the U.S ??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thanks for the advice, im heavily thinking about taking a trip up.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

Use Google Earth.
I used to live in Puyallup, Washington.
It's a beautiful state.
You could live right next to the Canadian border.
They film Smallville near there.
There is a long road dividing USA and Canada.
A 2 minute walk and you could bug out to Canada.
No fence.

Another place to get away from it all is Sarah Palins town of
Wasilla, AK. Check Google Earth. It looks ok to me.
Jackson, Wyoming is away from everything.
Harrison Ford owns a house out there!
There is also a Four Seasons hotel there.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was listening to Neal Boortz on the radio this morning. Lots of people have been calling in and writing in that they are considering leaving the country. Most are citing New Zealand and Australia as destinations.

Personally, my wife and I have already acquired several properties in Thailand, which is where we will be leaving to when the time comes.

Keep this in mind, though. Simply leaving the country will not exclude you from the excessive taxation laws of the IRS. If you live and work outside the US, as an American citizen you will still be subject to US income taxes as well as taxes to the country you live and work in. If you would rather your hard-earned money not be siphoned from you by the US, you will have to renounce your citizenship and surrender your US passport.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Underworlds
I was listening to Neal Boortz on the radio this morning. Lots of people have been calling in and writing in that they are considering leaving the country. Most are citing New Zealand and Australia as destinations.

Personally, my wife and I have already acquired several properties in Thailand, which is where we will be leaving to when the time comes.

Keep this in mind, though. Simply leaving the country will not exclude you from the excessive taxation laws of the IRS. If you live and work outside the US, as an American citizen you will still be subject to US income taxes as well as taxes to the country you live and work in. If you would rather your hard-earned money not be siphoned from you by the US, you will have to renounce your citizenship and surrender your US passport.

I moved to Oceania roughly a decade ago.. best thing that ever happened to me. I've never known such freedom and lifestyle, it's the way things should be. No insanity, no keeping up with the Joneses, no feeling like you are living in a twisted reality show, no metal detectors at schools, no tea parties and faux news evangelical maniacs, i could go on for pages hehe. I look at US news and know without doubt I would be dead having to live in that society, so in a sense leaving has saved my life. Taxation is not too much of an issue but I am in the process of renouncing. You are not liable for income up to a certain amount.. 80k i think, so the last 5yrs I have only filed as a formality, however i think this is STUPID and want no part of the US in my business when i live overseas and am citizen of another country.. they can f-off. Even worse apparently if you renounce they claim you are still a US citizen for 7yrs.. so they force you to be a citizen. I have not investigated further but if this is the case I will sue the US via the human rights commission.. they can not violate me like that and get no fight.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Australia, East coast.

I can;t think of anywhere better!

Also, if you subscribe to the pole shift theories, right where I live on the northern tablelands, NSW is one of the safest places around the globe!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join