It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Course Extraterrestrials exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Science would not agree with your POV.

Theres an interesting statement here about science's failure to investigate the UFO phenomenon:

"Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon. To a scientist, the main source of hard information (other than his own experiments' observations) is provided by the scientific journals. With rare exceptions, scientific journals do not publish reports of UFO observations. The decision not to publish is made by the editor acting on the advice of reviewers. This process is self-reinforcing: the apparent lack of data confirms the view that there is nothing to the UFO phenomenon, and this view (prejudice) works against the presentation of relevant data."
Peter A. Sturrock, "An Analysis of the Condon Report on the Colorado UFO Project," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol.1, No.1, 1987

Thread

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart
Trust me, Skeptical Ed, there are trillions and trillions of humans who look exactly like us here on Earth, living on other planets and their DNA are virtual matches with ours here. Yup, I kid you not.

How convenient. Anyone can be an extraterrestrial then. Or a hybrid.
The aliens are here and they are us.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

my questions are...

1)how will the info be disclosed?
2)how will the religious people(who will be freaking out and violent and rioting) be kept calm...
3)who will be coming forward with such info/evidence and what would they show as proof?
4)why would they choose now to disclose if supposedly it's been known for quite some time?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

my questions are...

*snip*

2)how will the religious people(who will be freaking out and violent and rioting) be kept calm...

*snip*

I don't think any of us Buddhists will be doing any rioting or freaking anytime soon. We will simply continue to Observe, Witness and enjoy the moment no matter what it entails.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

well obviously not meant for you then, but we all know christians and muslims, the 2 dominant religions, will be chaotic if this were true....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by redwoodjedi

well obviously not meant for you then, but we all know christians and muslims, the 2 dominant religions, will be chaotic if this were true....

I read this kind of theme echoing a lot throughout many speculative conversations, threads and talks. Allow me to speculate then a bit as well.

I think a big clue as to how well the general populace would handle this sort of disclosure discourse can be found in the stories and accounts of Abductees and Contactees. One of those experiences in general seemingly more negative in connotation than the other depending on your view. For the most part, I think the Contactees have related a more general sense of positivity with their experiences. But the root of both types is what I am aiming at:

These alleged beings use mind control. There are many accounts that will corroborate having a sense of calm and soothing ability, almost elated and enlightened where as some are numbed or rendered emotionally neutral and the experience isn't frightening until it is remembered.

I think this factor is an important one to figure in if we look to see the effect on the global population.

Another thing to contend with is that if this mass disclosure does take place, the question of these beings having fostered our religions to begin with will at once become evident. Their people will know them by their fruits.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctamTue, 13 Oct 2009 04:59:55 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Matrix Rising

Science would not agree with your POV. Evidence does the talking. So far it's quiet!

Whatever you hear of the reality of ET is not based on scientific evidence, it is based on hearsay.

There is no life, such as humans, on any other planet. We are it, this is it. We don't know what UFOs contain whether it's biological beings or robots and if robots where the handlers are. No one knows! You believe. Belief does not depend on evidence, it is a mental construct.

Wait until we have definite answers before you jump on the bandwagon.

Science doesn't have an opinion, therefore it doesn't 'disagree'. I think you mean Scientists... In which case, the vast majority agree with the OP in regards to ET life.

If you can find me a non-Religious Scientist who doesn't believe in ET life I'll give you a fiver. Seriously.
I've yet to meet or hear of one!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

..but we all know christians and muslims, the 2 dominant religions, will be chaotic if this were true....

After the initial shock,some leaders from the abrahamic sects/cults would probably just try to forcefully impose their opinions on others..as has happened many times throughout history.

Heres an interesting article showing how islamic imans are now preaching that the whole galaxy should be subservient to allah:

Preacher Omar Bakri is boldly going where no imam has gone before - ordering followers to convert ALIENS to Islam.

Bakri, 50, declared: "We are obliged as Muslims to make the whole galaxy subservient to almighty Allah. Allah has created all living beings in order to obey him and worship him."

www.thesun.co.uk...

What a joke.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Maybe. But you would do well to not mistake question marks for periods.

"When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities." -- David Hume

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

We often hear this claim. Does anyone have any evidence that this will be the response?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

We often hear this claim. Does anyone have any evidence that this will be the response?

Well,its pretty difficult to provide evidence as the situation has never actualy occurred.

This 1969 US Government sponsered Rand UFO Document is pretty interesting reading though -it makes some revealing remarks about 'religious cultists' and also contains some intriguing info on the Fatima incident of 1917:

U.S. RAND DOCUMENT - UFOs: What to Do? (pdf)

Theres also this statement made by Victor Marchetti who makes some interesting comments about religious institutions:

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.”
"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations.Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.”
"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security."

Victor Marchetti - Former Special Assistant to the Executive Director of the CIA, May 1979.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

A S&F for your post, Matrix Rising.

I agree with your premise and disagree with a lot of the respondents in this thread.

I too agree with you, Matrix Rising, and disagree with some respondents myself. Anytime one posts a positive thread on ET the negatives and sceptics come out of the woodwork, but! that is a good thing, it keeps the rest of us on our collective toes.

We DO have hard evidence of the presence of ETs -- but the damn government has taken them ALL. They have done an extremely-effective job at keeping the physically-present ETs away from the public, so, of course, we are constantly questioning the facts of the presence of the ETs.

True, so very true. This is what the Disclosure Project as all about, to bring out al of the mounds of real evidence that is hidden away by NASA and the government agencies charged with this task. We humans are basically treated like mushrooms, fed crap and kept in the dark about it.

There is more than enough credible whistle-blower testimony that would be strong enough to introduce a case to court to establish a preponderance of evidence that would support a full hearing on the matter of the existence of ETs. I'm speaking symbolically, of course, as I don't expect to literally be able to bring forth a case to court about the question of the existence of ETs.

I am afraid if this were to happen, the government people would begin with..."in the interest of National Security..." However, I do think if they keep refusing to disclose to us, ET will do it for them, something like a mass landing or flyover. Also, other nations like France has released documents and evidence. I have read.

Furthermore, the Ra Material clearly states that there are 63,000,000 planets in the Milky Way Galaxy alone that fully support life with 3-D, sentient beings like us humans on our earth.

Good point. Having channelled Ra myself, he is an ET, along with his brother Tahuti, better known as Thoth, and they are basically the ones who taught mankind culture and technologies in this cycle. Ra told me he was actually quite put off when people of those time called them "gods."

There is a long-established predponderance of evidence of multiple races of ETs interacting with humans over the eons of time as well.

Soon enough -- within several months -- there will be NO question whatsoever with anyone worldwide about the existence of ETs, as they will finally have been fully disclosed with the upcoming official Disclosure event that will soon rock the world.

Of course they exist.

I am in full agreement with you here. It will not be long, so prepare yourself, especially if your religion precludes any such beings, and thinks them all demons from hell. You are in for a big surprise if you think that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Science would not agree with your POV. Evidence does the talking. So far it's quiet!

Whatever you hear of the reality of ET is not based on scientific evidence, it is based on hearsay.

Do you consider crop circles hearsay? encounters hearsay? how much evidence does science need to realize the world is not flat? Maybe, just maybe, science should listen a little more if they find the conversation too quiet.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brawk

Do you consider crop circles hearsay? encounters hearsay? how much evidence does science need to realize the world is not flat? Maybe, just maybe, science should listen a little more if they find the conversation too quiet.

Cropcircles are evidential of what?! Encounters are evidential of what?!

I would like clear and concise answers to both of those questions. I would surmise that you do not know. Nobody knows. What do we know? We know that there are a number of phenomena that have been prematurely attached to the UFO phenomenon with no basis of evidence to proclaim as much.

Verbal accounts are not physical evidence. I don't care if Jesus or Buddha said it. It ain't proof.

Before you think ill of me, just know that I am an experiencer. I am however, deeply unsatisfied with all of the speculation that gets bandied about like it is irrefutable evidence. It is not. Not even by a long shot.

Building a strong case for UFOlogy in general, especially if you want it to be taken seriously, requires science, clear thinking, a critical eye and the humble willingness to be wrong time and time again.

So please, by all means, answer my first two questions. I desperately could use some closure in my own personal life concerning these issues.

Make sure your answers are based on repeatable (by anyone) evidence.

I'm not harping on you. Maybe I'm just trying to get you to look at things with a little less gullibility.

I don't want to believe. I want to know.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctamTue, 13 Oct 2009 10:43:34 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses,

Like I said, it's pretty obvious that the universe is filled with life. Some of that life will be more advanced and some will be primitive.

I see the universe as computational and life is a natural output of the computational universe so you can't reduce life to our solar system and the third rock from the sun.

The reason why there's seems to be an incomplete picture of reality is because some cling to materialism at all costs when there's a fundamental, immaterial property that has to be included in order to get a clearer picture of the universe and like someone said earlier, the multiverse.

This property is information. Our world is built around this fundamental property. Good books to read on this is Decoding the Universe, Science and the Akashic Field and Programming the Universe.

There's just so much evidence like eyewitness accounts, radar reports, trace evidence, pictures, video, mass sightings and more. Once you accept that extraterrestrials exist, you can't put a boundary on their technology based on our technology and current understanding of the universe. We don't even know what 96% of the universe is made of. We suspect 96% is dark matter/energy and 4% is visible or baryonic matter. If it exist can this energy be used through technology? What about nanotechnology and quantum computing? What advances will these things bring? How will metamaterials affect our lives?

There's just a lot of advances that future technologies and scientific discoveries will bring, so when people dismiss extraterrestrials on the basis of how did they do this or how can they do that, it's illogical. This is because these questions seek to limit these extraterrestrials to our current technology and scientific understanding. It's good to ask these questions in the pursuit of discovering new technologies and new scientific discoveries. It doesn't make much sense to use these questions to support skepticism. That's because you have to start with a priori that all life in the universe is bound by our current understanding of science and technology. That doesn't make much sense because there's so much that we don't know.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Extraterrestrials DO exist....there is proof and more disclosure to come:

Alien Home Invasion Update: 'Stargate' Appears

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There is no life, such as humans, on any other planet. We are it, this is it. We don't know what UFOs contain whether it's biological beings or robots and if robots where the handlers are. No one knows! You believe. Belief does not depend on evidence, it is a mental construct.

Wait until we have definite answers before you jump on the bandwagon.

You claim to have definite answers: There is NO life on ANY other planet. Stated like it's conclusive and a done deal.

Yet "Science" would not agree with that POV, either! All we can say with the Evidence so far is: we haven't found any life on the planets we've been to.

But this represents a negligibly tiny fraction of the planets in the entire Universe. And we haven't even looked everywhere on them, though given the conditions on those planets we've gone to I'm not sure if it'd be likely that life exists on them. But that doesn't mean more suitable planets aren't there.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mike3]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[edit on 13-10-2009 by mike3]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just wish they could share or trade some of their entertainment with us;
like videogames, movies, music, books.....

Im thinking it be something like the matrix technology

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just wish folks would stop fussing about what "MIGHT" be out there....and stop presuming what "IS" out there.

Let's get it going better HERE before we either spread our virus or reach out to strangers for help.

And saying "of course extraterrestrials exist" without any proof is plain ignorant isn't it?

Sure, there's plenty of evidence and a possibility, but no fact - as of yet, and belief alone is not enough and placing "their" existance on our own personal human perception is....human.

We are very, very fallible are we not?

Let the flaming begin......and to prove me wrong, let it be from one of you E.T's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join