It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UO Snapped at Montauk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I noticed this object in a photo taken at Camp Hero, Montauk Point, NY this Saturday the 10th. We saw and heard nothing at the time. The first two links are just cropped from the origional.

The second two links are after embossing in a photoshop (shows its a solid object and not a distant cloud etc.) the fifth link is the origional photo at full size.

Interesting to note there is a faint white streak to the left of the object.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
By the profile I would guess several possibilities. Cruise missile, Remote controlled air vehicle, small plane, F111. What do they do at Camp Hero?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Looks like something flying past the viewfinder.

Probably would'a seen a cruise missle, plane, ect.
Bet would be it's a bug or maybe even a bird that flew past the lens as you grabbed the pic.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Camp hero is disused, now a national park. My first thought was an insect or bird, but having seen these appear on my pics before it doesent really look like one to me. JMO.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It doesnt look like one because it's flying past during short exposure (by the looks of it)...
Anything moving fast stretch to the long shape, notice when driving on a freeway things close by whiz by and are blurred unless you focus on them, things in background seem to move slower.
It is all perspective.
Think of like the 'rods' people take photos of usually they are bugs and quite obviously so if you have seen them before.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This looks very remiscent of the Chicago/O'Hare craft. Nice find. No footage, just photos?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great pic! From the looks of it, the object was cruising really fast. How long was it visible? And what flight path did it take? Was it cruising like a plane or jumping around like an airborn flea?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We just have the one photo, I didnt notice it at the time I took it, we only spotted it later when looking at our pictures full screen on the PC.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

ASSESSMENT: Class 3 - Image has high probability of being original
Note that EXIF Software field is set (typically contains Firmware version)

The exif data checks out, im not sure what im looking at in this pic but it has not been added in by photoshop or something like it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

You forgot the dead monsters that pop up a few times a year

And i almost forgot this must be the first proof of "UOs" i have seen

[edit on 13-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by true-life

You forgot the dead monsters that pop up a few times a year

And i almost forgot this must be the first proof of "UOs" i have seen

[edit on 13-10-2009 by zaiger]

its a UO, i.e. Unidentified Object. do we really need the 'F' in there for the benifit of folks like yourself ?

top topics

join