It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Internet Monitoring...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by I_AM_OVERLORD1

'Numbers beyond Yottabytes haven't yet been named.' Who's in Big Brother's Database? By James Bamford --Review of The Secret Sentry: The Untold History of the National Security Agency by Matthew M. Aid 05 Nov 2009 Lacking adequate space and power at its city-sized Fort Meade, Maryland, headquarters, the NSA is also completing work on another data archive, this one in San Antonio, Texas, which will be nearly the size of the Alamodome. Just how much information will be stored in these windowless cybertemples? A clue comes from a recent report prepared by the MITRE Corporation, a Pentagon think tank. ..."[T]he data volumes are increasing with a projection that sensor data volume could potentially increase to the level of Yottabytes (1024 Bytes) by 2015." Roughly equal to about a septillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) pages of text, numbers beyond Yottabytes haven't yet been named. Once vacuumed up and stored in these near-infinite "libraries," the data are then analyzed by powerful infoweapons, supercomputers running complex algorithmic programs, to determine who among us may be--or may one day become--a terrorist.
www.nybooks.com...

i found this article viewing www.legitgov.org...

gosh, do you think i might be on that list? this really isn't funny one bit. as far as knowing what software program they will use? don't know.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
you mean they will store this for future ref.

well for the record i have never been a terrorist.

i will never become a terrorist.

and thirdly i think the term !!government intelligence!! is an oxymoron.

w@nkers

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
FBI, NSA, CIA, etc.. etc.. can all eat a big weenie.

For the record, I object to my tax dollars being used for any aspect of internet data mining, personal information storage, or any related activities for the purpose of law enforcement. Especially if private corporations/companies are profiting from said activities.

No doubt these data collection/processing facilities cost millions if not billions of dollars.

We do not have enough jails/prisons. Neither can we afford to staff such facilities even if we could find competent people in the numbers necessary. We can not possibly prosecute all of the criminals. Therefore it is obvious to me that technology will be used to target certain people. People who are "enemies of the state", threats to corporations, or simply ended up on some connected person's # list.

I know a lot of people. But I'm not aware of a single person who does not commit "crime" on regular basis, whether knowingly or not. Take any person of your choosing, follow them everywhere, listen to their conversations, read their correspondence. Within a week you'll likely have enough evidence to at least levy heavy fines, if not several felony convictions.

Words on the internet are still just words, a.k.a. "speech" which is still a Constitutionally protected right in these United States, as far as I know.

As long as my speech does not infringe upon your liberties and vice versa, then government can kiss my internet posting, American ass.

Prosecute physical acts of crime (there's plenty of it), and stop the witch hunting.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wireshark
Perl
Regexp

The act of monitoring the internet is not really that hard, give me a core router at say Verizon which is capable of port forwarding and with the above tools I can probably pull some semi-coherent data off the line. Its making sense of what is caught that really is the trick. Chances are they use something much like Wireshark to capture incoming traffic, then hand it off to some other piece of software which actually sifts through it for whatever criteria they pick.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If the F.B.I. wants to monitor me, go ahead. I personally let them to do that. Unlike C.I.A., N.S.A. and other government organizations the Federal Bureau of Investigation is the only normal government organization which is still doing something against corruption, against criminals and against crime as we saw numerous times. They're not taking sides, regardless what some people whose INTERESTS are hurt by them are telling you. They're not a puppet organization as the other upper ones. If it's necessary they're turning against the TPTB as they did many times. Although if you don't have anything to hide, you don't have to fear from the F.B.I. at all. If the thread would be about the N.S.A. or the C.I.A., yes I would agree with the others, fear them. But the F.B.I. is not similar and they're not using their power against the people, but they're using it against the criminals. Personally I also believe they're rather on the side of the conspirators, on the side on the people then on the side of the NWO. Their actions used to prove this. As they're the only organization which is capable to show RESULTS, I rather support them as they also never let me down.

P.S.: This thread gave me the idea for my new signature.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Cool tool ...

trace.die.net...

Also found this about a week ago... I don't know if Sophos is high profile but I recall Sophos being an AV company? Not sure if it's the same Sophos and don't care... but to add to your investigation...

I just found this to be somewhat alarming (if it is the same Sophos AV co. to jump into, through a buy out) a ISP level LIMS. Anyone with a background in CS and AV programming techniques should be able to do math here.

Link

[edit on 10·13·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I wish the government would make more of an effort toward curing the causes of crime rather than spend so many resources on prosecuting criminals.

Lawmaking does not eliminate crime, it only propagates it.

Perhaps off topic, but whatever.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I do get the feeling it isnot just the FBI that is doing this, there is private companies over here in the UK, who are working with British Security services, to monitor peoples, internet business, phone calls, mobile calls etc.

It is more Global than people think.

They do not care if this infringes our own privacy..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seems like a logical place for this info. I can't find an exact fit, and the info is different than that which has been previously posted, though it is rather dated.

By Matthew D. LaPlante
The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 07/02/2009 09:10:38 AM MDT

www.sltrib.com...

Hoping to protect its top-secret operations by decentralizing its massive computer hubs, the National Security Agency will build a 1-million-square-foot data center at Utah's Camp Williams.
The years-in-the-making project, which may cost billions over time, got a $181 million start last week when President Obama signed a war spending bill in which Congress agreed to pay for primary construction, power access and security infrastructure. The enormous building, which will have a footprint about three times the size of the Utah State Capitol building, will be constructed on a 200-acre site near the Utah National Guard facility's runway.
Congressional records show that initial construction -- which may begin this year -- will include tens of millions in electrical work and utility construction, a $9.3 million vehicle inspection facility, and $6.8 million in perimeter security fencing. The budget also allots $6.5 million for the relocation of an existing access road, communications building and training area.
Officials familiar with the project say it may bring as many as 1,200 high-tech jobs to Camp Williams, which borders Salt Lake, Utah and Tooele counties.
It will also require at least 65 megawatts of power -- about the same amount used by every home in Salt Lake City combined. A separate power substation will have to be built at Camp Williams to sustain that demand, said Col. Scott Olson, the Utah National Guard's legislative liaison.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Continued...

He noted that there were two significant power corridors that ran though Camp Williams -- a chief factor in the NSA's desire to build there.
The NSA bills itself as the home of America's codemakers and codebreakers, but the Department of Defense agency is perhaps better known for its signals intelligence program, which is reported to have the capacity to tap into a significant amount of the world's communications. The agency also has been the subject of significant criticism by civil libertarians, who have accused it of unwarranted monitoring of the communications of U.S. citizens.
The NSA's heavily automated computerized operations have for years been based at Fort Meade, Maryland, but the agency began looking to decentralize its efforts following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
Propelling that desire was the insatiable energy appetite of the agency's computers. In 2006, the Baltimore Sun reported that the NSA -- Baltimore Gas & Electric's biggest customer -- had maxed out the local grid and could not bring online several supercomputers it needed to expand its operations.
About the same time, NSA officials, who have a long-standing relationship with Utah based on the state Guard's unique linguist units, approached state officials about finding land in the state on which to build an additional data center.
Olson said NSA officials also seemed drawn to Utah's increasing reputation as a center of technical industry and the area's more traditional role as a transportation hub.
"They were looking at secure sites, where there could be a natural nexus between organizations and where space was available," he said. "The stars just kind of came into alignment. We could provide them everything they need."
The agency is building a similar center in San Antonio at the site of a former Sony microchip plant.
Sen. Orrin Hatch, the longest-serving member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, refused to answer questions about the project. Officials from Hatch's office said they were not at liberty to discuss a classified matter, though it is referenced in several public documents and has been spoken about openly by state officials for the past week.
NSA officials also declined to comment immediately on the project, but pledged to answer questions later this week.

Tribune reporter Matt Canham contributed to this story

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Continued...

www.datacenterknowledge.com...

NSA Plans $1.6 Billion Utah Data Center
July 1st, 2009 : Rich Miller
The National Security Agency is planning to build a massive data center at Fort Williams in Utah, which could eventually include more than 1 million square feet of data center space, reports the Salt Lake Tribune.
The first phase of the project will feature an $800 million investment in a 35-megawatt data center, with a second $800 million, 35-megawatt phase to follow. The initial phase is currently in the design stage, with construction scheduled to begin in June 2010 and be completed by March 2013, according to documents (link via Mark Fontecchio). Project specs call for a Tier III raised-floor facility.
The Utah project was enabled by a new funding bill signed last week by President Obama, which also provides money for an expansion of the power infrastructure at Fort Meade, Maryland where the NSA’s primary data center is located. The NSA’s operations at Fort Meade have reportedly been power-strapped since 2006, when the agency maxed out the electric capacity of the Baltimore Gas & Electric power grid.
The NSA facility will be the third huge data center to be built in Utah, which has prevailed in several of the most competitive data center projects in the Western U.S. In May 2008 Oracle Corp. (ORCL) said it would build a $285 million data center in West Jordan. In December West Jordan was also selected as the site for a $334 million eBay data center.
Between them, the three projects represent more than $2.2 billion in data center investment in the state of Utah.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Continued...

Here's the location:

www.mapquest.com...

It is actually just southwest of the map marker, near the mountain range. Construction doesn't appear to have begun. There is some local friction over the powerlines and their potential health hazard.
Interesting that no one is really concerned about it here. Probably because it represents potential job opportunities for the 7.2% unemployed.

Camp Williams link
www.ut.ngb.army.mil...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by PapaKrok] for spelling

[edit on 15-4-2010 by PapaKrok] for revised map location and additional link

[edit on 15-4-2010 by PapaKrok]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i would suggest you research

cointelpro

and yes we have agents right here
on ATS

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I know. I have drinks with some of you on a semi-regular basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join