It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My philosophy on life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello there everyone, I'm new to this forum so I would like to say hi to everyone. What I'm about to write is based solely on what i believe...any comments would be great, thanks.

Alright, I have been brought up a Christian and come from a religious Italian background...however, the past few months have been very hard to accept what i really want to believe. I have been told over and over again that God is the one who created us, gave his life and suffered for us. The 'bible' proves this for all those who are in doubt. The thing that really gets to me is why we cant we know more about our creater (if there is one), or why cant we know where we came from. Im sorry if you're all confused, but there are so many thoughts racing through my mind about this issue.

I have come to the conclusion that i may be a solipsist. I know i exist but i cannot know for sure that you all do. Everywhere i go now, whether its to the park to walk my dog, dirivng down the street...or just sitting at home....I am constantly thinking about my existence and that of others. More importantly, im trying to understand if what i see around me is real.

This might get a little out of hand, but please bear with me on this. One of the reasons why i believe this is because everything in my life seems a bit too convienient. For example, I (we) are able to talk to one another through a piece of plastic and wires.....we watch and learn things from a bigger piece of plastic that emits colours...how can we believe this? How can i make sense of this? Sure you can get all scientific and explain how wires work with one another and stuff, but try to think more on a philosophical level instead of a scientific one.

Anyways, there might now even be a point to this...I just wanted to get my views across. Im just a man who lost his belief in religion and is about to lose faith in everything. There has to be an answer...but what?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Only God exists.

I like most things am nothing.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, don't underestimate the ability of the human mind. We are lazy people, and convenience is a byproduct of that. It could be that you are correct....that everything is an illusion, though, I am thinking that you could be the illusion. It isn't rational to think about things that way. Everything you see exists in some way, shape, or form.

I don't know what you want to believe either. The answers to that question are only in you. You will figure it out someday.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[Soli]Anyways, there might now even be a point to this...I just wanted to get my views across. Im just a man who lost his belief in religion and is about to lose faith in everything. There has to be an answer...but what?
[end]

Hi Soli, I understand i've been down this road as well. All i can say is don't stop seeking answers to your questions. Life is like a big puzzle, the more you look the more you will find and even though you may never find all the answers your looking for you will be setting yourself free from the religiosity that once bound you, you can't see the whole picture until you open the gate and leave the cage.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is true, and i will not stop seeking answers. The only problem with my research is that i only come across the beliefs of others...which contradict me being a solipsist (in a way). Thank you for your comments, all of you.

top topics

join