It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Kind Of "Mind Trick"?

page: 1

join
share:
cj6

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
ever since i was little i've been able to do this thing where if im in a fairly quiet, calm place and i clear my mind and sort of focus on "nothing" (the best way i can describe it) i start to lose feeling in my body completely, yet i can still see what's in front of me! but then i start to get "tunnel vision" and everything starts to slowly blur almost to the point where i feel like "im not here" (again the best way i can describe it in words) then i hear my voice saying "try harder...keep going...your almost there!" at that point something usually happens to, i guess, snap me out of and i literally do! like i said i started doing it when i was little and as i got older they've gotten more intense and oddly more random as i seem to be losing the ability to start it at will. i have no idea what it is or what it means, only that everytime its over i really feel like i was "almost there", whatever "there" is i dont know yet. if anyone knows what this is or maybe has experienced something similar please please please let me know!!! i have no answers for it but i must find out, and your help would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It sounds a lot like the beginnings of Astral projection or out of body experience. You might find you are able to float away from your body and travel around if you keep at it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Hi cj6,

The same thing happens to me, I usually focus on "being a wave form", it feels like being in a boat on water. It is usually easier to attempt when applying the Earths Hertz (no pun intended) at around 5 cycles. Imagine yourself as the waveform.

Let me know how you go.

P.S. - funny that your "quote" refers to The_4th_Horseman, synchonicity at work again.

HADES

cj6

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FTL_Navigator

thnx for the suggestion but like i said these days it happens at the most random moments, i almost have no control over when it happens but i keep trying!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like self-hypnosis, or some other form of induced altered consciousness. If you find the relaxation beneficial, I'm sure it's fine. If you find it worrisome, then don't do it any more.

What you describe *does* sound like what people describe who claim to astrally project. Not sure if that ever happens, though. If it does - if astral projection is real - then you may be moving in that direction.

Have fun, whatever you decide.

cj6

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

hmmm dont know much about astral projection but thanks! any tips on how i can regain control of it would be much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
take care of urself dude..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I think you're a superhero like Kitty Pryde and you can go through walls.

Seriously, I don't have any idea what that is.

But if you are hearing voices seriously, and not just using that as a euphemism, then maybe you should see someone about schizophrenia. I'm not trying to poke fun, really, but it may be that you are in beginning stages of that. Hearing real voices, I don't think that is normal.

And as for a feeling of going out of your body, I am not sure if that is normal either, I have never felt that way specifically. I thought you might describe something I kind of do when I close my eyes, but then it changed. I don't know. I wonder what would happen if you kept trying?

Maybe that is how people say aliens come from another dimension. Maybe you just struggle hard like that and sort of pop out the other side.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
read this guys booksen.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
if anyone knows what this is or maybe has experienced something similar please please please let me know!!! i have no answers for it but i must find out, and your help would be greatly appreciated!

cj6,

This is an extraordinary skill that is coveted by many, achieved by few, so YES, do your due-diligent homework by entering the search words below:

1) Safe astral projection

2) Out Of Body Experiences how to

3) Protecting yourself in OOBE

Funny thing... I typed in the third option above and the second entry in Google was a post from ATS about OOBEs, so, search in ATS, if you like; I have tested each of the search suggestions above and they turn out tons of useful material.

Do develop this talent of yours. Use it for good purposes and not negative purposes.

cj6

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

thank u Mozart! all signs seem to be pointing towards some kind of astral projection or OOBE so i will do some research to see if i can get it under control. thank you again!

cj6

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bijen
take care of urself dude..

thank you...i think!

top topics

join