It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Jim Morrison's ghost is Real experts say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Also, who are these "experts?"

Probably people who are payed by the recording industry to make baseless claims for publicity purposes. This appears to be a publicity stunt staged by this guy (ironically a rock and roll historian) and the recording industry to make money and sell records and books.

Even if the image is not digital, it can be easily scanned into Photoshop and manipulated. Basically, you take a photo of Mr. Mojorisin himself, remove the background and select just the body. Then you copy the image of Jim and paste in onto the original photo of the dude at the grave site (perfectly centered, of course).

Next, you adjust the opacity of the Morrison photo you pasted (which is on a separate layer from the original photo) down to about 20% or so. This will make the Morrison image appear see through, while not affecting the original photo it was pasted on. Then you add a filter like a motion blur, or something similar to give a ghostly appearance. And for the finishing touches, you can use the airbrush or smudge tools to give the arms, hands and other body parts a wavy appearance.

And presto! You have Jim Morrison breaking on through to the other side. The whole process takes about 30 minutes, if that.

As mentioned earlier, the tell tale signs are the ghost image being centered and the photo being of poor quality. The higher resolution and the better quality photo you use, the more difficult it is to make the ghost image appear believable.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Its a very impressive photo, but unfortunately it is merely camera flare caused by the glare in the granite of the tombstone mixed with the light leaking through the shadow of the trees. If you follow the right "arm" you can see that the flare continues and crosses the bricks. Considering that everything is in focus that means a very small apature. Considering that the man's face is in proportion, they were probably using a 50mm fixed lens, Just guessing about the light but with the blowout of one tombstone the probable exposeure time was 1/30 of a second or so, plenty of time to get the "Ghost" effect. I personally believe in ghosts but this photo is a trick of the light. And if anyone is curious about my "expertise". I have been a photographer for 15 years and have had gallery shows in 4 galleries and approx. 2500 photos published. I did an entire undergrad project on light experimentation. If you want to see an example i will go through some of my stuff and show what can be done with light.

Be cool,
K_OS

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
HI All

Not sure if this has been posted but it looks just like a poster of him, my parents had one as a kid and it used to give me the heebies because he had spooky eyes ( to a 6 yr old at the time)

I cant see that being his ghost really! It even looks a little shiney in the image. I wouldve thought jim morrison would be more creative!

Have the best day

themuse

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Death seems to agree with Jim Morrison, it looks like he's gained 50 lbs.
Are you sure that aint just John Belushie's ghost visiting Morrison?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If Jims ghost is really out there somewhere that is one ghost i would like to meet. I bet he would have some good advice.....as long he didn't bring along his weird naked indian friend.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Interesting! the question is..what was jim morisson buried with, cloth wise? I see in the pic, its a guy with a white shirt, black denim type pants..is that what jim was buried in? ive never heard fo a ghost changing cloths*

And wasn't he slightly chubbier and older looking too? This one looks like a super imposed pick from one of the albums.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Interesting! the question is..what was jim morisson buried with, cloth wise? I see in the pic, its a guy with a white shirt, black denim type pants..is that what jim was buried in? ive never heard fo a ghost changing cloths*

LOL @ Ghost cloths!!! IF ghosts were real, why wouldn't they be nude? I mean clothing is not part of the body, so how/why clothing ascend to the spiritual plane of existance. AND, if clothing could "ascend", then why not have a whole "ghost wardrobe". And if the clothing ascends, then can just the clothing appear w/o the body's ghost?

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has claimed that it's Jeebuz yet, lol.
I mean if the Virgin (that's her story and she's stickin' to it) Mary can pop up in a pancake, and dirty truck windows, why not?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

404's on both of these Cash, maybe you can reload them?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I would think its not the clothes you're buried in but what you were wearing when you died?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

LOL @ Ghost cloths!!! IF ghosts were real, why wouldn't they be nude? I mean clothing is not part of the body, so how/why clothing ascend to the spiritual plane of existance. AND, if clothing could "ascend", then why not have a whole "ghost wardrobe". And if the clothing ascends, then can just the clothing appear w/o the body's ghost?

Just my 2-cents

It's the conscience that moves on. Ghost don't really wear clothes per say, but it is what that was occurring at the present time that gets stuck. If you were 5 and died, then you are 5 in the next realm. If you were walking on a road and got killed, then it will be a road that you will walk on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join