It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Jim Morrison's ghost is Real experts say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I know ghosts exist, from my own experience. Whether they are responsive, aware, or just a recording or personal "psychic" impression is the debate for me.

For me to believe this is an image of a ghost I'd have to know more about the process used to rule out lighting or image manipulation.

They rarely offer any info on who these "professionals" are, do they?

Just another image that's interesting to see and discuss, but it proves nothing to me I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Currently fiddling with a screencap of the photo
So far, have done a high pass sharpen with a overlay template. then sharpened it more
The more I tweak this (I am trying to dismiss it as light), the more the legs and feet are seperating into actual legs and feet proportional to a pretty standard human.

So, I am starting to think there is no trick of the lights going on here. I am now inclined to believe its either double exposure, or just some sort of physical hoax (hang up a very sheer fabric in a crypt nearby for the hell of it would do it...same way they made those fairy pictures)

Alternatively, it could be some sort of ghost I guess...but if so, why is Jim visiting a neighbors crypt anyhow? thats not his..

incidently...
If you ever been there, its actually a bit sad and disrespectful..there is graffiti all over the place around his grave, written on random graves (love you Jim, Break on through, etc). I mean, shesh...sure, draw on the person's grave or just write it on a rock and drop the rock in his plot...but dont start desecrating the graves of the neighbors...blah.

incidently, I got a tiny rock (or big pebble) on my shelf. Labelled: Small stone from Morrison's grave. (I dropped a cigarette in the grave as payment.)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I agree. That's why I suggest that the preceding or following photo was probably the source for the "ghost". Taking a double exposure can be purely accidental. Not to say people haven't made a profit off of "accidental" photo-anomalies, though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is paranormal or not. I have absolutely no way of knowing and I'm a paranormal investigator and have taken plenty of cemetery pics. I don't think, however, that one can rule out this photo because of composition. First, the video clearly states that these people were fans so that alone could explain why they wanted JM's gravesite in the image, and unblocked. Plus, as far as composition, there's the rule of thirds. Maybe the photographer was just trying to make the photo more interesting. I know I do it all the time. I try not to center the subject. Although, I believe it was just because they wanted it in frame and to sort of say, look, I was here.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr VanNostrin
Why isn't the guy centered in the picture? Seems odd he shares the photo with the "ghost".

Actually, if you want to create a strong composition, you don't center the object of focus in your picture, you put it a bit to the side: at +/- 1/3 or 3/8 ... an application of the golden ratio in art, something every professional photographer takes in account. composition in photography

This reply doesn't necessarily count for the OP picture, just a sidenote to eliminate the misconception that the subject of a picture should be centered...

Edit to add: ah, dneudecker apparently just mentioned this as well

[edit on 13/10/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
EDIT: I totally missed the part in question. My statements are retracted. :p

[edit on 13-10-2009 by HaXXeD]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker
First, the video clearly states that these people were fans so that alone could explain why they wanted JM's gravesite in the image, and unblocked.

Yes, and thats fine, but the crypt is NOT Jims...Jims spot is a kinda small broken ground grave in the open that the man is standing behind, not the thing in the backround...that is someone elses family crypt...I will fish out my map and maybe get a name on the person if he is anyone famous, but chances are, he is just some random french rich guy

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Oh, well, I was just basing what I said on the information given. I've never been there. If you've been there and know that's not his grave then I can only fall back on "the thirds rule" possibility that I and Movhisattva.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dneudecker]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dneudecker]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ive played around with the levels to try and get a clearer image. Its very interesting and I think we can rule out a trick of light. My only suggestion is it has been faked, hes in his iconic pose which could be found in photo shoots and then overlayed in photoshop. He seems to be wearing his typical leather pants and white shirt and what is also interesting is you can definately see through him. This however would be simple to do in photoshop, but if they are experts who have analysed this then they should have quite easily been able to spot this. Its certainly a strange one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
For the record, back in the nineties (and maybe still today) there were always two gendarmes on duty at his grave, due to anti-social behaviour etc. So setting up an elaborate physical scam would be nigh on impossible, especially with the constant stream of people coming to make pilgrimmage. My own photo was also taken in 1997 and it was not possible to leave a bottle of whisky and a Jay as had originally been my idea.

I'm leaning towards the double exposure too. I wouldn't be surprised if 'jim' was really a still or promo of Val Kilmer from the movie. The white cotton/linen shirt featured heavily if my memory serves...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you zoom in on his face,it looks like the face of a phantom,kinda like scream. its obvious that he is also bound there. Maybe he didn't get his shamans death rites.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I believe in ghosts, but I have a question.

Who are the researchers who claimed the photo was real?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Another supposed ghostly picture of Jim.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by CASH69]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've done a lot of research when it comes to paranormal activity, however I wouldn't say I'm some sort of expert, but apparitions captured on camera/film usually aren't shown in full form. For example, you may see part of the sholders/head and a bit of the feat to give you the idea it is a person, but never have I really seen much evidence of a full on apparition appearing. So if this is real, then I'm incredibly intrigued.

However, there will be much scrutiny surrounding this photo and I myself will be apart of it until I can make judgment otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69

Another supposed ghostly picture of Jim.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by CASH69]

404's both of them.

And the guy who went off at Mott the Hoople needs to wake up.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am not saying whether or not the photo has been faked. I have explained why the subject is off center. It is clear to see that this is the only place the person could stand to take the pic. I, however, do find it to be odd that he is in his iconic pose. Meaning, if you go to google and type in jim morrison you will see the pose over and over. But one problem with that even. I have NEVER see the full pose with his entire body in it. The pose always cuts off his arms and at the waist. So real or not, I don't know, but it is certainly odd.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good to see that Jim has popped up to let us all know he's ok!
that picture is interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Can't be a pic of his ghost, dude never died. He's lived in Texas all these years.....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To be honest, it looks more like Criss Angel. Maybe he's performing yet another one of his aMaZiNg magic tricks.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's an interesting photo. I can't say whether it's authentic or not, because I'm no expert, and agree with Crakeur that the guy should donate it to ATS so it can be analysed by the great people here who know about these things. I find it interesting that more often than not ghosts are wearing clothes, and respectfully hide their hoo-hoo-dillys and cha-chas so as not to offend our delicate sensibilities (as is the case here, where Jim-lad seems to appear shirt-less, and not pant-less).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join