It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Jim Morrison's ghost is Real experts say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yes it has been proved that the picture, depicting the ghost of Jim Morrison at his own grave site, is in fact real. There was no photo manipulation or such. Link to the story and video. Opinions?
Story HERE

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The photo

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Interesting! the question is..what was jim morisson buried with, cloth wise? I see in the pic, its a guy with a white shirt, black denim type pants..is that what jim was buried in? ive never heard fo a ghost changing cloths*

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well he IS the Lizard King and he can do anything.....

it does look like him posing circa '67. Of course people are going to say he is still alive too. Too bad no one caught a shot of Oscar Wildes ghost. He's buried there too. Oh and I think they should have a seance there and ask Jim how he feels about that BS Doors of the 21st century tour a few years ago!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I see a bare-chested Jim. And Jim was heavier than that when he died. And it seems to me that Jim would be flashing his penis as a joke to let the world know it really IS him!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Gezz he is even a show pony even when he's dead!Cool!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This hasn't got much to do with the photo, as I don't know what to say about it, apart from the unusual effect, that the closer the zoom, the more obvious it is whereas a lot of these pics pixelate (but I'm no expert) and it becomes more difficult to see but this seemed clearer?

But my actual question is, why do people go on about what people were wearing when they are buried, or died? I believe that if spirits are going to manifest, they will probably do so in a form that they hope to be recognised by, for example a person seeing a deceased relative as someone younger than they were when they died, as that may be what they want to remain as in the mind of the living

Tho not sure if Jim would actually appear in his iconic pose at his grave in such an obliging and obvious manner! Cool pic tho!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why isn't the guy centered in the picture? Seems odd he shares the photo with the "ghost".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr VanNostrin
Why isn't the guy centered in the picture? Seems odd he shares the photo with the "ghost".

I agree with the Dr. It does seem odd that the live subject is framed to the far left. In my opinion,couldn't the "ghost" be a live person that could have been known by the person on the left and person taking the picture? That could explain why both subjects share the frame.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree that it is weird that Jim is in one of his iconic poses but it's Jim. He's prob still on one of his pao de trips.

As for the fact that the guy isn't centered, it's possible it's been cropped and he is centered. But it still seems a bit out of place.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
LOL totalstarnger
haha yeah...he is the lizard king, can do anything...seems to perfectly fit this photo damn godo comeback!
the reaon i ask what he was wearing when he was buried or died, is to try and make a match with the ghost image..get my idea? I have never heard fo a ghost, that has changed uniform or cloths..a ghsot is ussualy seen in what they died in

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yep, extremely unusual I think, people never take pictures off center. Look through someone's vacation photos on Facebook or something, I am sure you will find very few off center that way.

Also, who are these "experts?"

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr VanNostrin

Good catch. I completely missed it, but it seems to me to be highly suspicious. The shot centers both the standing man and the image in the background. This wouldn't have happened, unless the photographer was trying to get both elements into the photo - which would suggest that he knew about the "ghost" and wanted to include it.

It doesn't seem that this "ghost" is actually at the grave itself, but rather farther off in the background somewhere. Morrison's headstone is in front of the man standing there, with flowers on it. I don't know what's back there, but it looks like a mausoleum or something. So right away I'm wondering, why is that image supposed to be of Morrison, and not some other ghost? You can't make out a face. It's just some sort of apparent male figure wearing black and white.

As for the "ghost" itself, it is childishly easy to create an ethereal-looking image of a person, with the background showing through. There is no way for any "expert" to assert that this image is "real". The best anyone could do is possibly say whether it had been Photoshopped. I'm not even convinced that an expert can always identify a well-done Photoshop, but this didn't require Photoshop. Just a guy posing as a ghost in the photo, exposed for less time than the rest of the scene. If this was a film photo (as opposed to digital), there are all sorts of darkroom tricks that could also have been used.

But really, the most suspicious point is the framing of the shot, which appears to deliberately and knowingly include the "ghost". That is inconsistent with the story.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Way Too many buzz kills on ATS!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Maybe this can explain..

Well the text in the pic makes me sound retarded. Let me rephrase the text. On the left there is a stone as well as the right. It is likely this is the only place the photo taker could stand to take the pic.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
LOL!!!
YAY at least Jim still look HOT in his leathers!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The background:

There's either a window on the backside , or something there that reflects.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
The background:

There's either a window on the backside , or something there that reflects.

I see no window at all on that door. And the photo has been gone over by experts I am sure they examined to see if it was a reflection which it says in the article it is not a reflection I am pretty sure

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Another example. Look at the angle this was taken. Same angle as the ghost picture. There is a large stone to the left and right. This is the only place to stand to take the pic

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

I see no window at all on that door. And the photo has been gone over by experts I am sure they examined to see if it was a reflection which it says in the article it is not a reflection I am pretty sure

I see no where where 'experts' have examined it. Only 'researchers' who can be nuttier than my Aunt Anna, and she's mental.

Send it to a ATS photo expert to look into it.

Also, everyone elses grave shots are clear (including mine if I could find it taken in 91) this one is nicely smokey, and taken only in 97.
Zazz

[edit on 12-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join