It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems scramble after warning from health insurers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The drama in congress with the vote tomorrow on the financing of the health care bill takes momentum after the warning by private insurance companies about the cost of the premiums to the public.

Democrats and their allies scrambled on Monday to knock down a new industry-funded study forecasting that Senate legislation, over time, will add thousands of dollars to the cost of a typical policy. "Distorted and flawed," said White House spokeswoman Linda Douglass. "Fundamentally dishonest," said AARP's senior policy strategist, John Rother. "A hatchet job," said a spokesman for Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont.

This just rich when even the insurance companies are telling the government that taking millions of more people specially those with pre existing conditions will make them raise the premiums.

At the heart of the industry's complaint is a decision by lawmakers to weaken the requirement that millions more Americans get coverage. Since the legislation would ban insurance companies from denying coverage on account of poor health, many people will wait to sign up until they get sick, the industry says. And that will drive up costs for everybody else.

So now private insurance companies wants also to penalized people for no taking insurance also in a timely manner.

This getting just ridiculous.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I knew this would happen. You cannot force a company to take on new clients regardless of health and then not allow them to drop people after they have spent millions and then have to think they can do that without raising rates.

It almost makes you feel sad for dems. The world would make more sense to them if they just learned to use an adding machine.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

This is just the same BS that was done when the government pushed Medicare and Medicaid back in the 60s, look at it now, I guess they never expected the cost of health care to become such a burden to the government after 50 years, neither they were expecting the nation of wealth builders to become a welfare nation.

With expected Medicare cuts after the reform is passed and more people to qualify for it, I wonder how this will work.

At the end is nothing but a big joke played at the expenses of the reminding hard worker and tax payer in the nation, so the government in charge can claim that they had done something for the nation.

It is me or everything that our government does now a days turns into nothing but crap, harming the nation and the tax payer more than helping.

join