It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ok, thanks for straightening that up, I was unaware of this. I think he could have handled it a lot better, but it is good that stick up for your people.

What about a rating scale of 1 to 5? Would you consider that a voting down system?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

See the comment section of your profile for my off topic replay that may be of help to you .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The font colour is the same as the 'Alien & UFO' forum. May i suggest the following RGB

color: rgb(50, 50, 50)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
nice add
looks like another great forums

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
[edit on 13-10-2009 by The Cloak]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
[edit on 13-10-2009 by The Cloak]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This sub-forum should be named the Arena because that's what political discourse in this country has turned into a post-modern version of Gladiatorial Games and it is a game guys,and the tragedy here is that all these posters who claim to "deny ignorance." have been sucked into the two-party sham.Both sides know what they are doing they have been wanting to tap into Americans sportsmanship it makes it easier to pull things off when you have the masses not caring what is going on as long as their "team" wins.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I LOVE THIS

And I am thrilled to be part of a forum that sees through the left-right BS
And to take it a step further, what about all the division and distraction of the rhetoric and actions of this world's leaders? I am beginning to believe that there is major collusion behind the scenes. netanyahu, ahmadinejad, medvedev, sarkozy, chavez, and obama among others.......I just see these guys all together at some private meeting having drinks and laughing at those of us buying into the whole thing and planning the next thing they will have the MSM tell us.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Without all the anti-American and anti-Israeli threads, there wouldn't be much of anything left.

Ah, but those are ok, just like the disease, and propaganda from dictators such as the Iranian president claiming he is a victim of the west, or the other disease and propaganda from Palestinian terrorists, or even sympathizers who claim "it is all the fault of Israel."

But hey, what Ahmadinejad says seems to be true according to some, and he is not part of a regime that is very suppresive, and murders young women, for being raped, and neither were they seeking to make nuclear weapons... But this is not true...it is all part of the propaganda from the west...

Then again any threads that shows the truth about the Obama administration, which seems to be 90% of the threads which were moved to this new forum, are all "diseases and just propaganda"....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

How about a rating system instead of a flag, where people can rate a thread on a scale of one to five. This way the negative threads will be taken down by a balance of those who agree and those who disagree giving high and low ratings. Then the truly best threads that most people want to rate high will make it to the TOP board, because there are a great many interesting threads that wind up in obscurity because they are buried by the hate threads.

Yet another way to suppress what people like you don't want to see, or read.

I find it fascinating that SO, and most of the members who agree with this were also some of the people who were speaking very harshly against "free speech zones."

But hey, the government can't do it, only ATS can it seems. Ironic isn't it?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The infection has been expertly managed for decades through a combination of media manipulation, repeated political lies, and fringe issue sensationalization. The goal is to keep the American public fixated on hate, hollow blame, and non-issues such that the real persons of power (corporate lobbyists) may shape public policy.

So news like "Wanted: Obama healthcare reform volunteers willing to be paid $15 an hour" which is nothing more than part of the truth of what the Obama administration is doing to try to push Americans to accept healthcare reform is part of this "infection" you are talking about?

Another thread which you moved to this new forum that you yourself in this post claim is a "disease, with nothing more than lies and propaganda" is "Trailer for the upcoming 'Fall of the Republic: The Presidency of Barack Obama"

You are claming this is to try to stop a divisiveness that is "plaguing the forums", yet all i see you accomplishing with this is exactly what you are saying you are trying to stop. Not to mention labeling dissent against Obama's policies as "a disease, and a plague."

So, why are not threads like this one also part of this "plague, and disease"? "Breaking Alternative News » Democrats may revoke leadership of anyone who filibusters healthcare"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about posts like the following, which the OP is trying to label all those people who disagree with the Obama administration as part of the "Far-Right Extreme Evangelical Sub-Culture."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many members were complaining about the "free speech zones", and what is this new forum policy but a "free speech zone" trying to herd the "undesired topics, and members" into a separate forum?

Don't you see you are doing EXACTLY what has been complained about in the forums that the government has been doing?

Would we allow four healthcare industry lobbyists (during a critical period of healthcare reform) per congresspersons and senators if the public were not distracted?

You seem to be a proponent of the Obama healthcare reform, although I still haven't seen any direct responses from you about this. Are you a proponent of Obama healthcare reform?

I wonder why the proponents of the Obama healthcare reform keep trying to dismiss, and ignore the fact that Obama himself was found to have made deals with Big Pharma.

I also haven't seen you respond in that thread that you made about "Obama must fail" how exactly does your conversation with one man dismiss the fact that Obama himself, and his administration have made deals with Big Pharma, and this healthcare reform will not do anything good for the people. Is Obama now also a Republican? because in that thread you made you labeled the "industry lobbiysts" as Republicans only, or the rules do not apply to Democrats, and Liberals who make deals with lobbyists?

Would we have allowed two costly and pointless wars to be initiated by the lobbyist/money-rich military industrial complex if the public were not distracted?

Knowing the fact that even when Clinton was in office he was pushing for a military option in Iraq, apart from bombing Iraq, the war with Iraq would have happened, and the same can be said of the Afghanistan war.

It's unfortunate that the infection has polluted the topics and tonality of discussion here on ATS... a place that, in theory, should be immune from such pedestrian diseases. In many ways it appears as though the players (viruses) perpetuating this deadly disease have infected our topics in much the same way nearly every issue is politicized in the mainstream media.

This is why we've formed the new forum, "US Political Madness," to contain the disease (as best we can) to one area of the site. Since the divisive political atmosphere is a result of this conspiratorial pestilence, all new threads covering american politics should be initiated in the new forum. The only exceptions will be straight-up news stories that cover events in US politics -- example: "Obama cabinet meets over North Korea."

So instead it is better just to be robots, and to accept, and agree only with the topics you find acceptable? Is that what you are saying?

What you just did is label anyone who posts such topics, as "diseases, and a plague in the forums."

And, since many members prefer not to see this particular plague, an option will soon be available on the "Recent Posts" page to inoculate your listings (as we did with Swine Flu topics) such that the Political Madness topics are not included.

Oh right, their eyes are so pure and innocent that they cannot bear to even see the names of such threads that are critical of the Obama administration, and more so the Obama healthcare reform.

The peril is real. It is one of the most, if not the most significant conspiracies of our time. If you're engaged in partisan hate, you're a tool of the conspiracy. These discussions are now in the conspiracy forum group.

Isn't the formation of this forum in itself a show of hatred towards any topic, and anyone who does not want to accept the Obama healthcare reform, and other policies that the Obama administration is implementing yet is against the principles of this nation?...

Does the motto "Deny Ignorace" means to suppress, and separate those who do not agree with the policies being presented by the Obama administration?

Is this what is happening? Because to me, it seems that this is exactly what is happening.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I agree with ElectricUniverse.

I might be wrong but is this a peculiarly American syndrome, to be uncomfortable with the idea of debate, or with the exercise of debate?

Americans don't seem to have the concept of the "loyal opposition", which we find in countries that have parliamentary democracies. Americans rally around the person of the President. In parliamentary democracies, the Prime Minister is a hunted man.

He is always in danger of being caught in a crossfire, or getting a propaganda bullet in the back from one of his own.

Successful Prime Ministers have to be the most cunning and devious people on earth.

I find this notion of segregating debate and giving members the option of shielding their fragile eyes from debate almost beyond belief. I think it makes Americans soft headed and is an element of "dumbing down" that is far worse than having to endure a little acrimony now and then.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I just heard Obamas Blog Squad breathe a collective sigh of relief.
One less website to monitor and troll with pesky robotic pro-Obama replies.
If this spreads to other sites, they'll be out of a job.

Seriously though, it's not my site so I don't make the decisions.
If this is how it is, then so be it and I'll willingly be a good member and
follow the rules.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I am not trying to suppress anyone, I am just looking of a better way to find the threads that I am interested in participating in. Maybe my approach is wrong. Maybe there could be better ways to find intelligent exchange.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Great addition Bill! The divide and conquer policy is the oldest form of manipulation in the book. About time we drew a spotlight to it.

Well Done!
IRM

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thanks a lot...

I didn't join ATS to read or write about politics... especially not American politics

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
SNIP

Obama’s Attorney General, Eric Holder, has apparently hired a cadre of left-wing, Democrat campaign bloggers to troll through the Internet looking for news stories and blog posts that denigrate the Obama agenda. After such websites are found it is the job of these secret lefty bloggers to leave comments that come to the support of Obamaism in the comments sections. It seems that Eric Holder has created his own little propaganda unit in a valiant effort to become the Bloggi Riefenstahl of the Obama era.

rightwingnews.com...
(from 7 Oct '09)

(here's the pertinent part... This sort of funny business is just what the need for a new forum stems from...)

...It most certainly is a creepy, propagandistic sort of effort that Holder’s office is involved in and it is one that certainly seems an immoral one. After all, it most certainly is lying to the public
if there are a handful of DOJ employees casting about on hundreds of different websites pretending that they are just your average citizen coming to the support of the Obama administration. But is it illegal...

Story Title:
The Obama Justice Department’s Secret Blogging Team… Is it Illegal?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Bill has been replace by a Grey alien. he is now a part of the conspiracy ! ^^

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thank god for sanity - Thanks Bill - my respect for you increases everytime I see you post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join