It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for penning it up. Not only is this kind of rhetoric divisive...it's corrosive.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The peril is real. It is one of the most, if not the most significant conspiracies of our time. If you're engaged in partisan hate, you're a tool of the conspiracy. These discussions are now in the conspiracy forum group.

Of course you decide what "political hate" is I'm sure. Do you not see the inherent hypocrisy of such precautions on a forum filled with political debate?

For someone who claims to be running counter to the main stream media, you sure to sound and act a lot like them. They are all running similar stories about those evil rablerousers out to muddy the waters. How do you explain the similar sentiment and inconsistent reactions to harsh critiques? Of course similar talk was shouted down during the last 8 years as dissent was the most patriotic thing you could do.

I suppose that since I disagree with you that I'll be labeled a political hate monger? Why are threads that expose media corruption or debates considered political hatred? Does this rule apply to 9/11 conspiracies? Those are definitely political hatred right?

I'm not trying to start a war here. I just do not understand the logic or motive. Ultimately its your site and I'm not forced to be here.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think this is an excellent idea, today I found myself becoming ashamed of something I posted in a thread, where this kind of topic was being discussed.

I sincerely apologise to everyone who was offended by this, I found myself scrolling through a topic that was making me smile, a great topic, as I scrolled through I found myself becoming agitated by some of the comments, there I was with a warm feeling for once, seeing something I thought would touch people and allow them to see some of the things thrown at us are lies, yet my jaw kept dropping at some of the responses.

I understand whole heartedly that opinion is a very important thing here on ATS and usually I would allow things like this to pass right over my head, but instead I found the brightness and warmth I was feeling, looking through pictures and thinking this is the kind of thread that would bring people to see a lot of things in a different light and hopefully feel the same.

Sadly it was not to be, and at the last page I found myself full of anger and not hatred, but a need to grab someone and show them what had made me warm without the foolish and hateful comments designed IMO to get people that way, and I fell for it.

I am not going to mention the thread, that would be unfair, as it was a wonderful thread and designed to shed light on a very difficult and frightening situation we see building, echo's of Iraq my wife called it.

I fear for my Wife and Children, I fear for everyone, because if the truth could for one moment be seen by everyone, just a splinter of thought and interest is all that is need to ask, ok that is not what I have been led to believe.

I am terrified that once again my Kids will see and hear about people dying, and ask me the question of why, how can you tell a 7 year old it is because there are powerful people in the World who want it too by using lies and made up fabricated stories?the people I love, the people I talk to, who I pass every day, running around smiling laughing, what can I say to them? they have no idea what is happening, so how can they be prepared?

And that is why I agree with this whole hearted, because it now has me afraid to click on something that sounds so wonderful and great, only to find within several pages it has turned into a war of words about hatred, it has happened to me several times over the past few weeks, I guess today I had just had enough.

My wife and I have discussed these happenings, and although we do have a plan to go away from home should the need be, we shouldn't have to because of lies and manipulation.

I am so sorry to all.

Be safe and well.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

Several factors have been involved in the long discussion behind the scenes about this problem. In fact, our staff has been discussing the issue of the rising intensity of political hatred for several weeks now.

"8 Years of Bush bashing" on a conspiracy theory community such as ATS is expected to be replaced with "X years of ____ bashing" no matter who ends up in office. To the politically-minded, it can appear as though the site leans one way or the other. Bashing and harsh criticism of the government is to be expected here, and on similar discussion venues.

What we have here, now, is very difference.

The intense political loathing has permeated into the cultural meme. The air is thick with it. I went to an NFL game this weekend and experienced fights and shouting matches not about the game or teams, but about politics. Groups of tailgaters had anti-Obama signs, and other groups had "Anti-tea-bagger" signs (I wish I brought my camera). I've witnessed heated supermarket checkout arguments over totally false popular rhetoric and rumors.

This problem has evolved well beyond the typical ebb-and-flow of a conspiracy site depending on what flavor of idiocy is in the White House.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Haha.. there goes half the breaking news stories. Great idea.

Finally they've figured out how to distract the esteemed members from the Obama unending source of inspiration.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Of course, a group with a percieved enemy is easier to control. Thus the posturings of both sides. But, they are upping the ante to dangerous levels that could push the situation into general warfare.

link   
A good idea, but...

The People Must Have Their Bread and Circuses!

Unfortunately, as the bread becomes scarcer, the demand for more, and more spectactular, circuses becomes more shrill.

Politics have become the New American Religion; just as religion seems to have long been at the core of Mideastern politics.

Perhaps we in the US have stared too long and too hard into the abyss of the so-called "enemy"; and now we are realizing the danger of it staring back at us, as though in a mirror.

We have begun to become all that we once claimed to abhor.

link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Do you not see the inherent hypocrisy of such precautions on a forum filled with political debate?

No. Because ATS was not formed to oblige political debate. ATS was formed as a gathering place for people to examine and discuss a wide range of conspiracy theories. Now that politics is a significant conspiracy, the politically minded will accidentally assume we focus on politics.

dissent was the most patriotic thing you could do.

It is.

However, knee-jerk hate of the "other party" at the expense of spending that energy on meaningful collaborative dialogue on critical societal problems isn't dissent, it's parroting as a tool of the conspirators.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Of course you decide what "political hate" is I'm sure. Do you not see the inherent hypocrisy of such precautions on a forum filled with political debate?

Of course they do. It's all about: Agendas

Truth requires freedom.
Agendas require control, and this is more control.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by SpookHunter]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

However, knee-jerk hate of the "other party" at the expense of spending that energy on meaningful collaborative dialogue on critical societal problems isn't dissent, it's parroting as a tool of the conspirators.

Yeah, but you can call anything "knee-jerk". Its a subjective term. Anything as you see as hateful to democrats or Obama will instantly be swept away here and labeled. Thats a good way to silence critics. I'm quite surprised at the level of agreement with you to be honest.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok, WTF is Obama doing on Monday Night Football? He can't get enough of himself. Sorry, just saw it and had to vent.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
All this will do is ease stress on the servers as more leave.
Since it's not ok to have a divisive argument or heck be human and actually hate. The politically correct want to remove that emotion from the human psyche. Unfortunately it is also hate that makes us human, as well as prejudices. Sorta sucks that the politically correct want everyone to be homogenized, politically correct, perfect tolerant prozac swallowing yes men.

Course I'm glad that differences is what makes us unique, and people, groups, politics that I hate won't be the same as the next persons and that is what I love about being human. Take that away and we only become the sheep conspiracy theorist brand us as.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Of course, a group with a percieved enemy is easier to control. Thus the posturings of both sides. But, they are upping the ante to dangerous levels that could push the situation into general warfare.

I disagree, by doing this, it will for a start remove the chance of being caught in an ambush, by allowing this option, you will no longer find yourself in a battlefield full of hatred, full of misinformation, and disinformation, it wont stop it from happening, but build a boxing ring if you will, where it can be done in a fair and understandable way, while allowing those of us who are sick and tired of it, to go do something else and not be lulled into a slanging match set up through lies and false claims.

If there is no target audience, then it will fade into obscurity, while allowing those who wish to participate to continue, some of what has been happening has really made me feel sick to my stomach, not because I am weak, but because it is so in your face, and a lot of times so blatantly incorrect.

Now there is a place for it, away from what is so excellent 90% of the time, the only off button here is the x at the top right, why should I be made to use it? now I don't have too, I can just stear around it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Would Goldman Sachs control the financial branches of our government if the public were not distracted?

Would we allow four healthcare industry lobbyists (during a critical period of healthcare reform) per congresspersons and senators if the public were not distracted?

Would we have allowed two costly and pointless wars to be initiated by the lobbyist/money-rich military industrial complex if the public were not distracted?

The most succint and true statements on ATS in a long while, the entire issue of the new forum is as pointed out an distraction to keep people from seeing the very very big yellow elephant in their living rooms, on the TV radio and net.

excellent

Elf

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
1) Tribalism has been going on forever.

2) Slanted media have been around for a long, long-time - but in the age of Yellow Journalism, at least you knew which way the newspaper leaned. Modern journalism came up with this great concept called "objectivity" - which, of course is no longer applied by most journalists.

3) GWB was blamed for "unnecessary" wars; for unlawful evesdropping, etc. etc. GWB was vehemently hated by the Left. Now BHO is in power and his policies lurch far to the left (FAR TO THE LEFT) - what do you expect from Conservatives - do you expect us to roll over? Bullfeathers! BHO isn't listening and no one else on the Left is...so don't expect me to be quiet.

4) Typically conspiracies are planned and executed by small bands of people - to have a conspiracy that runs years is difficult enough but one that runs for "decades" seems to be BS. In the end, you can almost always find someone who is "turned" - someone who is willing to "out" the plan/the people. Has no one ever been "turned" during this decades long conspiracy?

5) I forget who said it but "politics is the alternative to war"; deal with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You have inpired my new signature.
Thanks. I mean that, really. Thanks.
Pay attention to #6.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Disagreement I can live with. Not many of us can. Thus the problem. We have people that are a few rhetorical lines away from killing each other. I mean have you listened to some of the crap? Where once before in crisis situations we have banded together and put aside our differences we now have constant bickering and buck passing that never gets anything done and perpetuating a divide that we cannot afford to have at this juncture in history. It's no longer about America, it's more and more about all those various BS divisions that only serve to further tear us apart.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Perhaps advertisers threatened to pull funding over the negative Obama threads. Or, ATS could have been bought by MSNBC...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I don't really like the torn and upside down flag, it should be Glenn Beck crying...just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by azzllin
. It's no longer about America, it's more and more about all those various BS divisions that only serve to further tear us apart.

Well I guess these words are also about BS Divisions, right? RIGHT?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It's all just BS divisions. Right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join