It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

The point being to address the issue and/or concern as opposed to the candidate and/or member.

We're merely asking that folks accomplish the same within the rather minimal constraints set forth by the Terms & Conditions.

That's All.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I agree that they have a right to manage their site however they want. Honestly, I am not feigning confusion, I just figured this was a discussion board where some the forums were conspiracy related, not a conspiracy only site. However, that seems to be kind of what he is saying, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So is it fair to say that those of us who primariy want to discuss politics are at best a tolerated nuisance unless it directly correlates to a conspiracy?

It is ok if the answer is yes. I just want to know how you feel.

If we are kind of a pain could you suggest some other forums we would be welcome at, beause I honestly don't know enough to make a good decision on another forum? You can u2u me if you think that is more appropriate.

Thanks

There are multiple other forums in which to discuss politics. The PM Forum is for those threads which are clearly, highly partisan and serve no purpose other than to parrot a bought-and-paid-for ideology that illicit heated and emotional responses from those who think differently.

I'm looking at the forum right now and out of the top 10 threads are all either about partisanship or clearly partisan and trying to ellicit an emotional response.

Do you think it might be possible for you to create a thread about politics that falls into at least one of the four other politics thread on this site? It's not that hard...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thank you for clarifing the position. That is helpful and makes sense. So the issue is all the hype and the wording of things to get eveyone fired up from the OP on? I am guilty of that.

To be honest, you can write a thread on here tht really has a great point and great data and get a few responses or you can whip up a controversy based on wild speculation, insinuation, and partisinship and get a few hundred responses.

I guess it is up to us not to give into tempatation, try to be less selfish, and try to build realy meaningful threads.

Edit: sorry cannot type and don't feel like fixing

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Considering most of the threads in this forum are critical of the current administration, calling the forum U.S Political MADNESS is I think a bad choice
of title. It's inflammatory in itself. Its akin to calling any thread and thread starters crazy or that their opinion is MAD.

With all the warm and fuzzy political correctness that's going on, surely the same correctness can go into what the forum is called?

My 0.2 cents, for what its worth.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I suggested calling the place "the arena."it fits with all the post modern gladiatorial game feel that the US has now embraced as political discourse.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I posted a thread on an article by Nat Hentoff who was once a staunch supporter of the left - he raised some very serious criticisms of Obama's health plan which I thought should be discussed - it wasn't a hate-thread - I cautiously supported Obama and was very disappointed when he renigged on almost every promise he made during his campaign - role back of spying on the American public and reinstatement of Habeus Corpus among others - now the thread has been moved to the new category I guess - not sure how to feel about it - on thing I am NOT is distracted - but this seems par for the course - marginalized because some don't want to face facts - if the facts don't lead to your pet ideology....well everything else on here has its own category.....onwards and sideways...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Heed the following wise words . You are a victim of the environment you have encouraged and created . By fostering the views of the anti establishment crowd and purely speculative theory neither which has proven to have a sound logical basis quite often , your flock has turned on you . As ATS has grown in popularly some members of the anti establishment crowd now perceive it as being apart of the evil establishment along with bankers and the US government e.t.c . Now I fully understand that ATS doesnt engage in censorship or isnt some kind government puppet but you will no more be able to tell some people that then that I would be able to inform them that the Fed isnt the source of all the worlds problems .

I hope that I have made my point clear enough for you to understand .

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
All this will do is ease stress on the servers as more leave.
Since it's not ok to have a divisive argument or heck be human and actually hate. The politically correct want to remove that emotion from the human psyche. Unfortunately it is also hate that makes us human, as well as prejudices. Sorta sucks that the politically correct want everyone to be homogenized, politically correct, perfect tolerant prozac swallowing yes men.

Course I'm glad that differences is what makes us unique, and people, groups, politics that I hate won't be the same as the next persons and that is what I love about being human. Take that away and we only become the sheep conspiracy theorist brand us as.

I have seen this response from a few people - there is little to say to this brand of ignorance.

For myself - I am filled with righteous indignation - hate directed at those who deserve it.

It is pure ignorance to hate one of the US political parties more than the other - they are totally irrelevant.

I hate both sides - Republicans - Democrats - Obama - Bush - Clinton - McCain etc - I don't care - they are all useless and pointless scum.

I dont think the idea of removing the politics from ATS is designed to curb the amount of hate - just the amount of misdirected hate. If you hate one political side, and not the other one equally - then you are buying into the idea that they are somehow different.

They are not different - they are the same. It is like saying CNN is better than FOX, or British Petroleum is better than Shell, or blue is better than blue.

The arguments are stupid rhetoric based on nothing - the enemy is above the political system - which is purely like WWF - they fight on stage to galvanize their supporters against each other - then they have a beer together and laugh at you fighting each other.

There is NO intelligent debate based on the false dichotomy of political belief presented in America. The only intelligent debate is what can be done to destroy the corrupt system and place power back into the hands of the people.

While you want to debate semantics - then you are indeed sheep.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why not take off your 'hate Obama' specs and read through the thread.

I don't hate Obama. I am a journalist and I do plan on being critical of him, just like I was Bush. I find it disturbing that people in my country are apparently convincing themselves that suppression of dissent is OK (when you're a democrat). Its even more disturbing that people from other countries are actually cheering this on.

Why are critical looks at the current ruling government in the US so threatening to you?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
(shaking head in disbelief)

Apparently there is a category of people who either do not read what I wrote, or see different words than what I typed.

Several people have laid out a convincing case that you're attempting to censor people critical of Obama and you've ignored all of them. You cant seem to explain what your criteria for "political hate" is and you're moving all kinds of threads that are completely factual and tough on the media/Democrats.

Also, is it just a coincidence that this move coincided with the White House lashing out at their critics in the media?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Wimbly]

Why do you instantly assume that it is about negative posts about Obama? I hate him as well - I just hate the other side equally - and the only SIDE I am on - is the side of the people, who are getting shafted by this crap.

you also assume that is purely about the USA - Australia, the UK I know have this same false two party system - I am guessing just about all western deomcracies do - its just a convenient method and a total sham.

In Australia there was a strong indeopendent party lead by a normal citizen - she was abused by the press - discredited, and finally they had to trick her into making a mistake in registering her party by planting some fool backstabber into her party who screwed her and the party over. She was a normal person - with real issues - but they didnt fit inside the false left right paradigm - so they destroyed her and she was actually sent to jail!!

That is the crap I am talking about - that is why you need to be retarded to buy into the two party system - they will never represent you - they will crush anyone who tries.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I totally get what your saying - and I feel much the same way - however - we still have to live with the crappy legislation that is foisted upon us - we pay taxes, we have to try make sure our children get decent healthcare, education and so forth - and so we debate the issues even if sometimes within somewhat narrow parameters - and yes our current system is corrupt and mostly a sham but our lives are real and the consequences of this sham are real - so short of revolution and aside from the bigger picture which is important to keep in sight - its also important to figure out how to navigate the poison waters as they are....

I would love to see more threads on how to do that without wading through the MSM junk propaganda but sometimes you have to put the big boots on and wade in to get to the meat....and trying to reign in the masses seems a bit orwellian to me - but I could be wrong....I have learned a great deal here on this site - not the least of which is how to conduct a civil conversation - so in that regard I would like to see more of that and less vitriol...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is no organized left in the US. The single party is the big business, corporate, MIC.

That's what I find a bit confusing about the divisive hateful rhetoric. I think it is blatant and obvious who the "special interests" are in Washington. Follow the money...it's easy.

So yes the democrats have been corrupted by the money and the republicans are unabashed and in your face justifying their reckless greed. That leaves we the people with little choice. How far right do you want to be seems to be the only question allowed...that's not much of a choice!

Hopefully this move can restore some civility that might encourage some genuine discussion.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by DINSTAAR

It's censorship.
It's Chicago politics.
Clear the field.
Label them "Mad" and throw them into a deep dark hole.
- Political Madness -
He should probably just remove ALL politics from ATS and
keep it just Science and Technology. Throw in Aliens and UFOs
for fun.

Amen brother. I second your thought.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oops. Post deleted.

[edit on 10/14/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

Im sorry I don't understand how this comment got a warning. Im really confused on these close scruinty fourms....as long as no one is being a potty mouth why get a warning?

political language is hard for some of us.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

Originally posted by stevegmu
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

Im sorry I don't understand how this comment got a warning. Im really confused on these close scruinty fourms....as long as no one is being a potty mouth why get a warning?

political language is hard for some of us.

I was accused of Political trolling when I was just trying to be funny and bring a little levity into the mix.

One mans humor is another mans trolling. I think both sides need to lighten up a little. But some on both sides have their sensitivities on high alert.

And as I always like to say......."if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"

[edit on 14-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Where do you actually stand on this issue? Because I would just like to show you to yourself RE: "As well as that idea, the reader/poster should be able to remove annoying threads from their list of threads. Have an option to not show a thread." and yet you had previously posted "This is the marginalization I am talking about." which concerned the psychological speculations of members on members and futher more you reiterate what SO had already posted "Bottom line, if a thread does not interest you... don't read it.".....HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE and NOT psychologically speculate on the motives of the owners or the mods!

As for where I stand on the issue, I stand against ignorant partisan political madness, but I stand against the way the staff is trying to deal with the issue.

My 'X-mark' thread idea is a way of putting a warning on crap threads that your ATS friends can see. For a user to personalize the forum by not showing threads they don't want to see would make ATS better without having to stoop to tactics used by our controllers of systematic alienation of people with certain viewpoints. As for my 'speculating' the motives behind the creation of this topic group I, again, quote the original post.

This is why we've formed the new forum, "US Political Madness," to contain the disease (as best we can) to one area of the site. Since the divisive political atmosphere is a result of this conspiratorial pestilence, all new threads covering american politics should be initiated in the new forum. The only exceptions will be straight-up news stories that cover events in US politics -- example: "Obama cabinet meets over North Korea."

Those with a mind to focus on conspiracy theories are applauding the effort. Those of a mind to continue the hateful rhetoric and knee-jerk vitriol are not. It's difficult to accept that your passions have been expertly manipulated, I understand that. However, we are a conspiracy site, and we will treat what we feel are conspiracies, as conspiracies.

What about those of us that focus on conspiracies, methods of control, and enlightenment who are against this particular effort, or do people like me automatically fall into the 'moronic masses' category? As far as my passions being manipulated, I disagree with the extent (we are all peeling back layers) which one assumes my level of manipulation is.

I am not a political crony. I detest political parties and actively try to expose our controllers (political, corporate, or otherwise), their methods of control, how they hold down the common man, and how they will try to exert greater control in the future. I agree that with yelling at the puppets is a distraction from the master, but I just do not agree with the current effort and believe there are more effective ways to deal with unwanted banter.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I give up on this discussion.

I do not own the site and I have no say in how the site is managed. There is a reason this is the best conspiracy site on the net and it is because of our staff. I accept the situation as it is even though I disagree with it.

It, simply, is not my decision to make. The staff has heard my views, I hope they do not group me in with those that distract us from the real issues at hand.

I can tolerate something I do not like in order to be a part of the best site on the internet.

Regards,

DINSTAAR

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Dinstaar, you are an asset to this forum, I hope someone is listening,

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
...I just do not agree with the current effort and believe there are more effective ways to deal with unwanted banter.

Our response to the issue is not about containing "unwanted banter," far from it.

The new forum is just like all other forums on ATS; a place to examine the conspiracy and house examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join