It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
too bad it's not a conspiracy.
it is a blatant ,obvious,and contrived plan.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Oh, Contrare, well not exactly, the dollar has been in decline for far longer than that! Then again, most currencies have. You have to realize that if we expect a 2-3% inflation every year then we will have exponential decline forever. The mandate of the fed is to target inflation and keep it between 2-3%, so yeah the dollar will inherently get weaker and weaker until in a few decades its $20 for a coke and $100 for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. Thats not a conspiracy though, that is basically public knowledge.

We definitely don't want deflation though, imagine if that occurs and our wages begin to be decreased but your debt on credit cards, cars, and houses remains the same! That is much worse.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Disclaimer: As elsewhere!

Explanation: You are totally correct but the words I would have used would be "Fully transparent upfront policy guided by the smart people"
who just happen to be the 3 Amigo's who recieve input from both fellow ATS staff RE:
and also from the fellow members of ATS who choose to contact them directly via some form of appropriate communication method!

Personal Disclosure: It's not a conspiracy but what SO's OP reveals is there is a conspiracy that exists beyond the realms of ATS that is affecting ATS and its membership and therefor measures have been taken wisely by the ATS owners to mitigate this external divide and conquer mechanism at play! They have been generous to still allow a forum for these discussions and even have allowed it to be a semi pathos and or ethos driven and that just shows how benevolent the dictators of ATS can be!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit
from a tax reduction. Tax them too much , attack them for being wealthy, and
they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking
overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier

Hell, I'd be happy if all of their corporations were registered on-shore...as in Canada/US so they'd pay their fair share of taxes! Didn't Obama just let that one go?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think that many of the political posters here have the idea that since they are discussing the "welfare of the nation." that they sholud be above the rules I have seen this kind of whining and crying at other forums when the Admins get fed up and corral all the partisan clowns and BS into either a thread or a separate forum.They wanna engage in political warfare well now they have place to go at it.They sholud be a little more grateful.

[edit on 043131p://4326 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 043131p://4426 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 053131p://0826 by mike dangerously]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I personally believe we are being distracted so the government can continue to get away with anything it wants. But they don't want the type of attention they are getting now. People are waking up and won't take anything else shoved down there throats.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm glad you brought that up about PM and the healthcare bill. We can thank the G-20 for working to help our countries in a time of need.

Very ironic.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Yes but Steve is wrapped up in the left vs. right...... He thinks this is a way to curb anyone going against Obama.... See he is madd cause when Bush was in office he had to endure the wrath of the left and now that it is his turn to toss turds he wants a full term to toss. And he thinks ATS is shielding Obama. Wake up left and right are on the same team..they are the only two who have driven this bus off a cliff so they are to blame.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The infection has been expertly managed for decades through a combination of media manipulation, repeated political lies, and fringe issue sensationalization. The goal is to keep the American public fixated on hate, hollow blame, and non-issues such that the real persons of power (corporate lobbyists) may shape public policy.

I implore you to read my thread on Marxist Class Theory and Failure. It shows the true face of our oppressors. It explains another class theory that greater identifies our oppressors.

Corporate Lobbyists are just a subgroup of a universal theory of the master/slave relationship. The master is the political class made up of politicians and everyone they use and all those that control the politicians through lobby groups. The slave is everyone else.

On one side you have controllers, and the other the controlled. I shall quote myself from the thread.

The state derives its power from the labor and trade of individuals who have no choice but to bow to its power, but there are those outside of government employment who utilize the states power (through manipulation, lobbying) to impose the power of government on the people for their own gains. The political class is made up of people that control the state. Think of the state as a tool that the political class uses to impose their will. More of a "Sheep vs. Herder" mentality or a "Child vs. Parent". The problem is that we are not sheep and we are not children. The Herder or Parent uses a false pretense for support of it's claim of dominance.

Its perfectly healthy to question those that control us; this includes Obama, Bush, Goldman Sachs and so on.

More on topic of the new forum

In agreement with SkepticOverlord, I must say that the conditioned right vs. left debate is nothing more than distraction. As people are conditioned to believe things face value (i.e. no conspiracies, cover-ups) people are conditioned to ignore logic and just line up on ideological lines with no regard for truth.

As much as I agree with the premise of the new forum, I do not want to see logical, peaceful discussions about economic and political theories get thrown to the fringe like the idiocy of the standard right vs. left debate. To decide, as forum staff, what is legitimate debate and what is BS is not in the spirit of denying ignorance. One must remain objective to uncover the truth and not stifle the voice of others, even if they are controlled by the oppressors. I understand this isn't censorship but its close.

Taking up tactics used against us will not yield the best result. I think a system where you can X-mark a thread as BS would be more effective. The X-mark that one makes would only be shared to friends and people that are friends of that person. It would be like giving a buddy a heads up about something without impairing anyone else from finding the material.

edit; gramurz wuz badd

[edit on 13-10-2009 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I, nor the OP, ever mentioned 'BAN.' BPN seems more appropriate.

I mentioned BAN because there have been threads from BAN that were moved to the new forum.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

Yeah, funny how it works out that way.
Hmmmm......i wonder what that means?
Lets go over possibilities.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't understand all the bellyaching. It's just a new forum, it happens all the time here. It's not like anybody said that anti-Obama threads weren't going to be allowed, there's just a new forum so others can more easily avoid reading the same political hacks repeating themselves day in and day out. Most of you who are complaining about this not happening on ATS when Bush was in office are wrong, and most of you weren't even here in 2004 when it was at it's worst. I think the forum was called the 'mud pit', or something along those lines.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

It's censorship.
It's Chicago politics.
Clear the field.
Label them "Mad" and throw them into a deep dark hole.
- Political Madness -
He should probably just remove ALL politics from ATS and
keep it just Science and Technology. Throw in Aliens and UFOs
for fun.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic (sarcasm is hard to translate on a forum) but I would not go that far.

We need to do something about the BS, but moving threads to a forum for BS threads is not that thing. The forum should provide a way set content preferences up rather than pick and choose what is
or
. I think the idea in my previous post is a better way.

Clever, but I doubt this has any merit.
I laughed out loud though.

edit: the bolded BS was a BA.... I have no qualms with Bachelors of Arts.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

What shocks me is the level of self-importance that many of our political junkies have.I must ask what is so bad about having your own sub-forum?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Funny how some members still refuse to understand that this is not the first time we are doing this.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ## -- 2006
It doesn't take long to peruse the thread and see that we were labeled as "right wing apologists" by many.

The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS (was ALL MEMBERS READ) -- 2005
Same as above.

Same issues, different administration, same response from us.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I think they're mad cuz it makes it easier for others to avoid being drawn into a thread because of a catchy title, only to find it is another partisan rant...they don't like the ease of which they can be ignored, i guess.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

It seems to me you know all the ins and outs of the traffic here at ATS.
Do you have the numbers? Can you prove to me that the majority of members are here for p-trolling?

And you're making it seem as if conspiracy theory is not as interesting as political discussion. Perhaps not for you, but for myself and thousands of other members and lurkers it is. (Personally as a member) I come here for the paranormal topics, the UFO related topics, science & tech, space related, and NWO topics. Not for the politics, and I'm not the only one obviously, else those other forums would have much less traffic than the political ones. As a mod it is my duty to mod all topics including the politics.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

It is not the first time but taking content and alienating it from view while labeling it BS (as a website) is not about denying ignorance. It is about embracing manipulation. It is the job of the reader/content writer to label things for themselves. We already have a system of flags and stars.

If a Mod objectively decides the content is not in the right topic group, that thread can transferred to a another topic group without belittling the user.

For almost every thread I see in the US Political Madness, it could easily fit into another forum that already exists and not alienate anyone.

We who are alienated wish to alienate those from us.

as for site statistics LINK No one needs to act like they know what the web traffic is around here without looking through these. Things aren't always as they seem.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Indeed! It is most CERTAINLY a plan.

Divide and conquer. One of the oldest tricks of warfare.

You get the masses fighting amongst themselves so they are too busy to notice the hidden hand about to knife them all in the back.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join