It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Make no mistake, the current environment of historically pervasive political malice is the result of a complex and long-running conspiracy, overseen by high-dollar lobbyists and corporate contributors. For years, we've attempted to point this out to our members and readers in threads such as:
"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"
The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses
Dark Days. (The black band on ATS)
A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS
Political Blame Game Ideology : It's Your Fault
New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##
The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS (was ALL MEMBERS READ)

What was once primarily the forte' of "news junkies," "political hacks," and politicians, the knee-jerk intense hatred of any political ideology not yours has infected our society. The infection is so dangerously deep and harmful we can aptly compare it to stage four lymphoma.

The infection has been expertly managed for decades through a combination of media manipulation, repeated political lies, and fringe issue sensationalization. The goal is to keep the American public fixated on hate, hollow blame, and non-issues such that the real persons of power (corporate lobbyists) may shape public policy.

Would Goldman Sachs control the financial branches of our government if the public were not distracted?

Would we allow four healthcare industry lobbyists (during a critical period of healthcare reform) per congresspersons and senators if the public were not distracted?

Would we have allowed two costly and pointless wars to be initiated by the lobbyist/money-rich military industrial complex if the public were not distracted?

It's unfortunate that the infection has polluted the topics and tonality of discussion here on ATS... a place that, in theory, should be immune from such pedestrian diseases. In many ways it appears as though the players (viruses) perpetuating this deadly disease have infected our topics in much the same way nearly every issue is politicized in the mainstream media.

This is why we've formed the new forum, "US Political Madness," to contain the disease (as best we can) to one area of the site ---- and encourage focused discussion on exposing the manipulation and misinformation at the heart of this conspiracy. Since the divisive political atmosphere is a result of this conspiratorial pestilence, all new threads covering american politics should be initiated in the new forum. The only exceptions will be straight-up news stories that cover events in US politics -- example: "Obama cabinet meets over North Korea."

In summary...

Threads focused on divisive political rhetoric go in this new forum.

Threads examining the root causes of this conspiracy, are to be initiated in this new forum.

Threads covering partisan exaggerations in mainstream media, should being in this new forum.

The intent is not to segregate the issue, but to focus on it, what it is, what is causing it, and where we may find solutions.

However, since many members prefer not to see or discuss this particular plague, an option will soon be available on the "Recent Posts" page to inoculate your listings (as we did with Swine Flu topics) such that the Political Madness topics are not included.

And finally, and most importantly, the new forum will operate under "close staff scrutiny," much like the 9/11 Conspiracies forum. This notice will be shown on all topics:
This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

The forum is not a license to throw caution to the wind and engage in freeform political sniping... far from it. The same rules, as always, apply -- being tagged with a "Political Trolling" offense equals two "red flag" warnings.

The peril is real. It is one of the most, if not the most significant conspiracies of our time. If you're engaged in partisan hate, you're a tool of the conspiracy. These discussions are now in the conspiracy forum group.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by SkepticOverlord]
edit on 26/4/16 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well done Staff!

Another fine addition to our board and another place to call home

On behalf of Politicaly Infected Junkies of ATS, I say thank you

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bill, I appreciate what you are doing with this forum, but arent you just propegating the x-ist leaning x-ist factions ideas and lending a hand to their x-ist cause?

Ok, sarcasm aside, I am curious as to how this will turn out. Great idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Guess that's one way to obfuscate spider-bot indexing for any ATS denigration.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A wonderful addition to the already first rate political and news forums available at ATS/BTS.

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

And, since many members prefer not to see this particular plague, an option will soon be available on the "Recent Posts" page to inoculate your listings (as we did with Swine Flu topics) such that the Political Madness topics are not included.

I can't thank you enough for providing this option.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes, and this crap MUST be stopped or it will destroy us all.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Okay, but I'm just going there for the beer and pizza.

Or was it milk and cookies?

Oh well, what the heck, I'll try it out anyway.

link   
This is a great idea and is a long time coming.

link   

Appreciate the serious thought given to this "big picture" idea, as well as a forum dedicated to its discussion.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Would we have allowed two costly and pointless wars to be initiated by the lobbyist/money-rich military industrial complex if the public were not distracted?

We all get distracted.

Would we have allowed two costly and pointless wars to be initiated and continued by the lobbyist/money-rich military industrial complex if the public and its president were not distracted?

Here you go.
You are very welcome.

edit on 26/4/16 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm honored guys!
I really am.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Great idea. I had only recently realized the seriousness of the distraction that this type of madness creates. I read something and ran with it only to realize I was way off. It was the sensationalism of the topic in the news that distracted me. I thought it was a real issue. Man, never again.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Haha.. there goes half the breaking news stories. Great idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It would be really great if an idea this simple could bring us out of the war zones, and into *listening* to one another again, and not just screaming words *past* one another. Starting to realize we are doing exactly what the construct designed.

Wouldn't oh wouldn't that be grand?

If we really set our minds to it..........

link   
Interesting how 8 years of daily Bush-bashing was not only tolerated, but encouraged, yet 8 months of Obama criticism is a plague...

link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Great idea. I had only recently realized the seriousness of the distraction that this type of madness creates. I read something and ran with it only to realize I was way off. It was the sensationalism of the topic in the news that distracted me. I thought it was a real issue. Man, never again.

It happens to the best of us. Even I find myself spouting stuff that is outright incorrect sometimes, generally out of pure laziness to confirm my facts.

Perhaps this forum will serve as a reminder that constant vigilence is necessary to stay focused on the story behind the news.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Left wing--right wing....it's still the same bird.

Until people can realize they are still being played by divide and conquer, it's best to virus vault it.

Good ideas.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is a wise move for ATS and I support it fully!

Yet another example of why ATS is the number one conspiracy website. This certainly helps us meet our goal as members to deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I don't believe this has anything to do with Obama, but more so the distraction that is the political arena today from the "real" issues at hand.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join