It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirsten Powers to Obama: "Grow up already!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Are you really taking statistics supporting Fox news from the Fox news website?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Fox's constant whining is tiring as well. Shouldn't we all be able to voice our opinions though ?

We need solutions and not constant whining about the economy and the POTUS/Whitehouse and this and that.

But that is exactly what they're paid to do and that is to fill the airwaves with TALK and not necessarily solutions. Like hens in a hen house....clucking away.

On the economic front, our capitalistic system is built on credit and spending ... which IS the capital in our capitalistic system.

The Banking failures came as a result of the repealing of the Glass-Stegall act years ago. So all of this was planned way back then.

The Failure of Enron was the beginning of all of this trend.

But by allowing the Banks to completely fail we'd then have no more capital. No capital/credit means no economy, in no lending for businesses, mortgages, car loans , consumer loans ,etc. NO CAPITAL.

Allowing GM and Chrysler to fail would have lost us Millions of jobs which wouldn't help things other than to add even more unemployed to the ranks , creating even more foreclosures and further burdening to our economy.

Additionally, GM and the auto industry are the backbone of what is left of our manufacturing infrastructure here in the US.

Research what GM contributed to winning WWII , due to it's manufacturing of QUALITY weapons in a war of attrition. In other words, and for example, Guns that DIDNT jam as we're seeing with today's weapons failing in Afghanistan.

GM and the BIG 3 manufactured engines for tanks and planes as well as cranking out thousands of jeeps and trucks to carry supplies through European and Pacific theatres. GM Even manufactured M1 rifles and ammo.

Hitler did NOT want to fight a war with the US for this exact reason. He had even visited a Ford manufacturing plant prior to WWII and was fully aware of what American ingenuity was capable of.

If a company the size of GM were allowed to evaporate, we'd lose that manufacturing base as well as millions of jobs as well as manufacturing expertise as they would have no other choice but to find employment in the service industry.
Ala Burger King, McDonalds, BestBuy...in other words lower paying jobs.

And finally, In the event we'd ever need to build weapons again in massive quantities to defend ourselves against a real adversary such as China, who has a huge manufacturing base btw, and we no longer had a domestic manufacturing base in which to build our weapons, we'd already be defeated.

Lets Stop the panderous ranting and lets look at solutions for a better United States of America.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We've seen this before with this administration. Joe the plumber rings a bell and I know there were a few others also who were attacked for criticizing this president. You attack this president or this administration, then be prepared to have this administration and their lackeys assault you on all fronts publicly.

By all intense purposes Powers is right, Grow Up! It's like a bunch of high schoolers. What an embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Trash? What Trash? Can you give examples?

You mean like Van Jones?
You mean like ACORN?
You mean like the Stimulus plan that has saved the day and brought jobs?

Please, do tell.

Really? I will only mention one thing that made a lot of us wonder about Fox News. The Flag Lapel Pin outrage. It was the single most important news item on Fox for a while.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe we let this play out eh? I don't believe or trust anything from MSM and I certainly don't buy into anything coming from the whitehouse no matter who is there. If they go as far as to start censoring anything against the administration then we can call this the start of something pretty dangerous.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Uh..no.

When some jerk who isn't even named Joe is nothing more than an agent for the RNC and about a smart as the tree outside my window deserves the smack we give him.

Moreover, lets cut the crap shall we. Fox News is the propaganda arm for the GOP and they have proved that a million times over. So lets stop beating around the bush and calling them "News".

Fox News should have their license revoked for not living up to the law of "providing for the common good". They lie to the public to push civil discourse to push a political agenda for one party.

They lie plain and simple and they feed on the ignorance of others.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

You are missing the point.

What lies are so bad and detrimentle to the country "right now" that The President of the United States" even has to comment about it?

I can point to BS and lies on any media outlet. They all twist everything around.
Get I get a qiver up my leg now?

Again, this is not about Fox. As much as you wish it were.
It is about the President.
It is about what is important to the Office of the President.
It is about what needs to be done by the Office of the President.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Now that is really digging deep in the bottom of the bashing barrel.

Anything worth anything in there?

Because they disagree with the President is no reason for him to single them out.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Calling by name one of the few media outlets that does not agree with you?

That's just the thing, New's outlets aren't supposed to agree or disagree they are there to report the news and let you form your own opinion, so Obama isn't the only one in the wrong here.

I wouldn't even call Fox or most of the other msm 'news' outlets, propaganda outlets are more like it. The point is both have different agendas and it's not on the side of the people.

Too true. The news is not the news anymore. They make it so the President can do no right. If he saved a child from a burning building they would find five things wrong with how he saved the child and how he is a horrible president for saving him in the first place. Fox says Obama needs to grow up? Well why don't they report the news and stop nipping at his heels. They need stop acting like the playground bully. Did they actually call him a cry baby? I thought only 8 year olds called people that? They are the ones who should grow up.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
See this is what I see happing with all these threads.
They come on a thread and bash it to the it goes into the new crap pile.

Bunch of Trolls that cannot stay on subject, or those that see it with the wrong side of the brain.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by guardstarr

I know! Terrible is it not?

WHY DOES THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES HAVE TO ADDRESS THIS?

How can some of you be so blind to this?

Is your head that far up there? Geez!

Why is it the Presidents job to pick who is fair and who is not?

Why? Why? Why?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I will only mention one thing that made a lot of us wonder about Fox News. The Flag Lapel Pin outrage. It was the single most important news item on Fox for a while.

Do you remember the "terrorist fist jab" ?

Fox News is bad for America.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Solutions shouldn't be coming from news outlets. They ought to be reporting stories and possibly conducting research into investigative reports.

Solutions on our economic woes, social issues, health care, etc. ought to be coming from the House, Senate and President. Ideally they should be working with subject matter experts who actually work in the professional field in which they have expertise. They shouldn't be consulting subject matter "theorists" (aka college professors) on their opinions into resolving these problems. Professors will always give their opinions one way or another depending on the size of the endowment their institution receives or if it's in the best interest of their career, much like politicians.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What I am most sick of are posts like these.

This is not what ATS is about.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yeah some of mine were moved also ... Who cares, it's their board and can do what they want. They can modify T&C on a whim. They don't owe us (posters) anything.

These squeaky whining little people are squeaking and whining loud enough to cause irritation to TPTB.

Patriotic jack boots are coming to silence their pithy sniveling little squeals.

There's not enough room in patriotic America for these sniveling whiners. Personally, I've always suggested deep space or atlantis as their final destination.

MI Resident : "I want my Obama money!"

Reporter : "Where does Obama get that money?"

MI Resident : "From Obama's STASH"

LOL

Saw a great quote "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
~D. H. Lawrence

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

See this is what I see happing with all these threads.
They come on a thread and bash it to the it goes into the new crap pile.

Bunch of Trolls that cannot stay on subject, or those that see it with the wrong side of the brain.

I agree and there is also another lesson to be learned on this thread. Its about how to present a topic. The initial post has a very short video from a Newsgroup not held in high esteem by many and includes a paragraph on how they agree with the sentiments expressed in the video.

More information to support the argument was not presented till later in the thread and even then it simply highlights a struggle between the Staff of the Whitehouse and the media to control the message reaching the public, this in of itself is nothing new, every administration tries to control "Spin".

Now if someone found evidence the White House was trying to suppress Fox news through some form of "conspiracy", then I'm all ears. Otherwise unless expertly crafted I am more apt to place a thread in the thrash heap as more partisan politics run amok and I have to give a big
to ATS for trying to reign that in.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think people who say things like "grow up already" should grow up already.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by j2000

It's not a new low at all. If there is broadcasting station who some individuals see are a respected "news" organization spewing out trash then it's alright to call them out on it.

So you might wonder, why would some news organization be such a big deal? It's because they are the only news station spewing out trash on that level, this entertains a certain group of people (hence their ratings). So this particular group of people start to believe this trash and then politicians have to vote in favor of this trash. Why would politicians have to vote in favor of this trash? This is easy, it's because they like their jobs.

People are going to believe want the media tells them to believe. So they are basically creating the issues. The key thing to remember here is that the issues they create are not necessarily going to be important ones, not in this day in age. An example of this would be this thread, we are sitting here talking about this as if it was important or something.

What might be overlooked in this discussion is that sniping in both directions is taking place on a regular basis. The First amendment applies to both sides, of course, but what we're seeing on a REGULAR basis is the Office of the POTUS ATTACKING a media outlet. Critics have jabbed at politicians since there was newsprint, but we're talking about a vindictive, retaliatory demeanor that lowers the bar for news agencies and the POTUS alike.

And as an ivy league grad and tremendous "people person," shouldn't Obie know that when you retaliate against sniping it just goads the sniper on?

I picture my two kids saying "nuh-uh, yeah-huh" over and over, louder and louder.

Grow up indeed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Just another attack to the President that bears no news relevance. The "do-nothing" party and its members trying to expand their hatred for Obama knows no boundaries.

President after President have had their clash with the media from time to time...Obama would not be exception.

Actually, a do nothing in power would be preferable to the policies and wild spending of the current administration. It has doom of the economy written all over it. I suppose if you hate free markets and freedom, you could be happy with things that are now transpiring. Your choice of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join