It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirsten Powers to Obama: "Grow up already!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by j2000

People are going to believe want the media tells them to believe. So they are basically creating the issues. The key thing to remember here is that the issues they create are not necessarily going to be important ones, not in this day in age. An example of this would be this thread, we are sitting here talking about this as if it was important or something.

No. I think what is really bothering the Govt. is that people see behind the curtain of the BS they are trying to pull.

Yes, it is important. As I have pointed out above.
I guess according to you, the President should not be held to a respectable level. I guess the Govt should not be accountable for anything they do.
Not important? You, are way off the mark.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey Sos...

Whatever networks are covering the White House knocking Fox News...

Whether Fox is actually a news outlet or not...

My question is...why should we care about this? Nothing more important than what Fox news and the White House think of eachother?

It seems to have all the relevance of some high school he said/she said drama...Two wars? Healthcare reform? Recovering from economic disaster?

No offense but, who cares? why should we? You can hold on to your perspective of FOX news...I will hold on to mine.

There is world of challenges out there for the USA, I'd rather focus on the important stuff. I don't care what the white house thinks of Fox or vice-versa....This like most things FOX, is simply tabloid distraction.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Excellent summary. Exact, cutting and TRULY objective

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You answered your own question and the point of this thread.

Who cares?

More important things to do?

No Crap!
Have you even read anything that has been said?
You think you are on here defending the schmuck and you just supported the thread. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Those are excellent questions, maybereal. Instead of asking ME why YOU should care, maybe you should be asking the WHITE HOUSE why THEY are wasting their time on a news agency when the White House clearly has more important things to worry about and accomplish, like the things you pointed out in your post.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Like I told you. No argument.

They thing they nail a point to only end up agreeing with the thread point.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Can anyone out there put up an argument that this was a good thing Obama has done without just bashing Fox for the sake of Bashing Fox?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

You think you are on here defending the schmuck and you just supported the thread. Go figure.

Confused? Who was I defending? I do remember saying that the white house shouldn't be responding to Fox News?

You need to remove the partisan glasses and read again what I posted.

Tabloid distraction and this looks to be turning to a bicker-fest...over a complete waste of intellectual energy to start with...two reasons I am not interested in adding any more posts.

Distraction upon distraction...I am moving on to better threads..You can wait here for someone else to take your bait and waste their time.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I'm talking about their obvious bias in the news that they do report. It's almost 50% news and 50% gossip column. Sure, there are going to be some news stories which are favorable to their viewpoint and they will jump on those to capitalize on that.

There are also going to be stories that they are going to spin in a negative direction. For example the stimulus package, there is no way to prove where we would be had that never happened. Sounds like a good idea to pick up the story and spin it however we would like then! Right? Fox news practically organized the tea parties, pumped up the interest and then reported on how successful they were. We have Glenn Beck dropping hints the the economy is crashing by saying that you can get a one year supply of food on sale at Costco.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

The government is held accountable. However, there is a difference between holding a government accountable and being out to get them. Fox news really has trouble hiding the fact that they are out to get this administrasion. Or they don't even care anymore, either way it up's their ratings with their views.

Yeah, are you really going to sit here and tell me that the news does not tell the majority of people out there what to believe?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Confused? Who was I defending? I do remember saying that the white house shouldn't be responding to Fox News?

Tabloid distraction and this looks to be turning to a bicker-fest...over a complete waste of intellectual energy to start with...two reasons I am not interested in adding any more posts.

Distraction upon distraction...I am moving on to better threads..You can wait here for someone else to take your bait and waste their time.

I read it again. Your foot went to miss-que when you made this statement.

Whether Fox is actually a news outlet or not...

And then you lend yourself to baiting when you wrote this.

I have not defend Fox at all in this thread.
I have pointed out what the White House might be pissed about.

You got the thread.
Supported it.
When that was pointed out to you.
You come back to argue against your own statements.

Partisan? Just because you have a left and right brain, does not mean that you should let them fight each other............

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Wonder if it is out of fear? Which leads to the question, "Fear of what or whom?"

I see that you are getting the, "feel" of things here, with the, "glorious", "New Administration". It's obvious that a main theme of our nwo/new presidents' activities is to control the populous through fear.

My bet is that it will gett louder unto the death of many, "racist, domestic terrorists"!
He's just plain anti-American, racist, and Muslim. Not against Muslims; however I do not want a Muslim extremist/nwo puppet for my president.

Edit to add: I claim not to be under Obamas' rule because He is not a natural born citizen of the United States of America, and does not have legal authority to be my commander and chief at all..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Now your back to "About Fox". Bash Fox. Bash Fox.

The point of the thread is that the President should not have done this.

Several reasons.

He has too much important things to do.
It should be chatter under him, and should not address it.
Grow up! is a good way to put it. Like a spoiled child that can't take it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Here are some stats,

As for Dunn's complaint about Fox News' coverage of the Obama campaign, a study by the Pew Research Center showed that 40 percent of Fox News stories on Obama in the last six weeks of the campaign were negative. Similarly, 40 percent of Fox News' stories on Obama's Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, were negative.

On CNN, by contrast, there was a 22-point disparity in the percentage of negative stories on Obama (39 percent) and McCain (61 percent). The disparity was even greater at MSNBC, according to Pew, where just 14 percent of Obama stories were negative, compared to a whopping 73 percent of McCain stories -- a spread of 59 points.

73% negative on McCain from MSNBC,

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

OH come on Now! Nobody wants facts anymore....................

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OH come on Now! Nobody wants facts anymore....................

Thank you.

I apologize,

Funny thing is I didn't need these facts it is obvious which way the left wing media swings.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This has been on the front page for some time.

I can't believe that a defence cannot be brought up with this.

They cannot even bash Fox with anything to back them up.

Where are all the lies?

If, a news outlet was damaging the country, not the president by the way, with out right lies day and night. Then, and only after all high level Congress and Senate from both sides tried, should the President maybe say something. Yes, president as in White House and all those that speak for him.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not back to, just responding to your posts.

Really to leave fox news out the the discussion is one sided. They are the ones making the claim. The whole discussion is about the fox news style of reporting. The President called them out on it and now they are trying to portray him as a crybaby, whiner (which fits into the Fox News style of reporting). This is how Fox news spends there time.

I already stated earlier how this effect the Presidents job. People watch this "news" station which seems more and more like entertainment television everyday (which could arguably the true propose of any news station). It influences their decisions, which have to be supported by the politicians, who like their jobs.

It effects the Republican party who needs to support their parties values. This complicates things for Obama, a president who would like to do things in a bipartisan manner.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is another little nugget,'

Matthews: 'Someone's Going To Jam a CO2 Pellet Into Rush's Head'

newsbusters.org...

What some guys won't say to get attention . . .

Analogizing Rush Limbaugh to a James Bond villian, Chris Matthews today fantasized: "at some point somebody's going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he's going to explode like a giant blimp."

Hosting MSNBC's 10 AM hour today, Matthews made his remark while chatting with Politico's Jonathan Martin and Anne Kornblut of WaPo.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody's going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he's going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we'll be there to watch. I think he's Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?

Someone had a topic, which I cannot find, about the liberal media being nasty and mean, I see that to be true everyday.

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I don't believe I have every seen a reaction to the news media like Obama's team,

I still haven't figured them out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join