It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' has Walvis Bay buzzing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

'UFO' has Walvis Bay buzzing

www.namibian.com.na

A STRANGE red light in the sky at Walvis Bay had people all a-buzz and speculating about UFOs and missile launches last week.

The strange phenomenon was apparently spotted at 18h30 on Wednesday.

Witnesses’ descriptions ranged from an object that “exploded with a loud thud” before “lighting the whole sky in red”, to “something crashing into the sea, leaving a smoky trail behind it”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sounds like a Meteor to me. But worth a read anyhow.

Can meteor cause a red explosion? No joy from wiki with regards to red explosions, but explosions are a definite possibility.

en.wikipedia.org...

It sounds like at least two official organisations were involved or at least aware of the crash so that lends some weight to the story.

Anyway, will see if anything else pops up about this and update if necessary.

www.namibian.com.na
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Haha, no one else find this interesting so I guess I'll have to talk to myself lol!

This isn't the first time a UFO of this description has been seen over Walvis Bay.

Namibia 'UFO' Sightings at Coast 210508

Windhoek — A SHOOTING star? Ball of lightning? Visiting aliens from outer space? Whatever it was, a handful of residents from Usakos are convinced they saw an unidentified flying object (UFO) pass over their heads on Sunday night.

According to Hester Schmidt, who was sitting on her porch with her husband at the time, they saw what looked like a "round ball with a long tail", passing overhead in the direction of Swakopmund.

"We didn't hear anything, but it was extremely fast and it went really low.

I would say the ball was about 18 inches in diameter as we'd call it in the old times," she told The Namibian.

Schmidt and her husband's story was corroborated by at least two others - Thomas Ismael and Sabina Naruses.

But then a reference to Walvis Bay specifically from 1978!

Coastal newspaper The Namib Times reported similar sightings over Walvis Bay in its August 16 1976 edition.

This article is archived on the website www.ufoevidence.org.

In that case, several people reported seeing a "strange phenomenon" passing over "the wilderness in Walvis Bay".

"Some people referred to the phenomenon as a 'Space Monster' and said that with the rising of the sun, the 'monster' faded and later disappeared completely," the article read.

I wonder if it's some kind of natural atmospheric phenomena produced in the area.

Or a UFO coming back to visit its old hangout!

join