It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Who Stare at Goats - Conspiracy Movie...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just saw a trailer for this today...looks "familiar", hehe.... (Dan Sherman, perhaps?)

www.youtube.com...

A reporter, trying to lose himself in the romance of war after his marriage fails, gets more than he bargains for when he meets a special forces agent who reveals the existence of a secret, psychic military unit whose goal is to end war as we know it. The founder of the unit has gone missing and the trail leads to another psychic soldier who has distorted the mission to serve his own ends

www.imdb.com...

(Rob Harris)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The preview looks hilarious and the movie has a great cast.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I saw the movie trailer as well. It looked hilarious and I'm looking forward to this one. I couldn't help but think about what the early days of Psy Ops (with Major Ed Dames ) must have been like but I'm certain that it must have been, at least in part, an inspiration. Like I said.... I'm looking forward to this one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just finished reading the book that he did

Can't wait for the film, it's got Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges! Good times!

Honestly, I didn't expect the film to be so funny (judging by the previews), but it looks real good! Hope the message doesn't get lost though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Jeff Bridges as the spaced out lt colonel looks very funny. This movie could be the sleeper hit of the winter.

Definitely on my must see list.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't know why I didn't think to post the trailer for the film earlier but that's easily remedied:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I saw the title, and something in me wants to mock this movie with everything I have. But it looks ace

Edit to add: How is this a sleeper movie, with these actors? Clooney, Mcgregor, Spacey, Bridges....hmmm a conspiracy perhaps?
Cheers
Mrs Clooney

[edit on 13-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Sleeper movie means a long running hit.

Inglorious Basterds is considered a sleeper hit. It made a lot of money quietly.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I thought a sleeper was a "queit" non hyped hit. not just long running hit?

Either way, i havent heard much about this flick, which is odd given the players.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This was a very good film. A guffaw a minute. But the book was fantastic. Here be a fair, brief review: observer review

new topics

top topics

join