It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron scientist linked to Al-Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The scientist, who has so far not been identified under French judicial rules, appeared at a court in Paris to face charges of "criminal association with a terrorist enterprise", officials said.

The physicist had exchanged messages over the internet with people known to be close to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and expressed a desire to carry out attacks, but had "not got to the stage of carrying out material acts of preparation", one said.

Hmm, i wonder what this guy was planning (if indeed he is guilty) ?

I think one of two things.

Either a terrorist act, using knowledge gained from his field of study (possibly via communication to the aformentioned network).

or sabotage. Possibly resulting in a financial drain?

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't know. Maybe he has the whole Doctor Evil thing going on. Maybe he will ask for one million dollars or else he will create a black hole! S+F, I did hear about this and wondered the same thing.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A statement from CERN was released today which says the simple truth - all research at CERN is public and the technology open, and there is no way the individual could use his position as a collaborator in the LHCb project to do anything harmful to anybody.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Kinda surprised he would be exchanging messages over the internet knowing that the internet is so closely monitored.

I would like to know if he directly or indirectly expressed his desire to carry out attacks.

Maybe it was one of these kind of messages

Law enforcement officials told ABCNews.com that electronic intercepts revealed Zazi had sent text messages suggesting, in code, the plot was nearing the attack stage. "The wedding cake is ready," Zazi allegedly wrote.

abcnews.go.com...

I hope to hear more on this story.

S+F

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Last I read was that there was an exchange of information between this individual and another(or group). The exchange involved targetting possible nuclear facilities in France. So it wouldn't appear, at least so far, that this individuals position or work with Hadron has any bearing. If true it certainly gives traction to the fact that Al-Qaeda is seeking a possible nuclear angle.

Trying to find the source I read this from, sry

brill

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hmm so if as CERN say the research is transparent then maybe that's the wrong angle to be looking at things.

Maybe it's his field of study, which although is open to public scrutiny doesn't necessarily mean he has not learned something of value that is possibly overlooked by the common folk?

There is no doubt his 'internet messages' will be being analysed and maybe we'll find more out about this case after the court case is over.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I started this subject last week

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Apologies, i did search for a similar thread but had no luck.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Differant forum sorry dude thats how it goes.

I am suprised indeed this has not had more attention on ATS

The possible ramifications are beyond both belief and science fiction to, indeed imagine juts imagine some wrong code in the computers or some faulty hijacked wiring at cern at full power...

elf

[edit on 12-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The ISI and AQ work together and they have 100 nukes. This scientist is just more indication of a movement toward using nukes soon.

new topics

top topics

join