It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States And Its Place With Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ok so why cant they tell? just because they tell other gov's that they have et contact wont make everyone catch up with the us gov. i dont see how holding back keeps them a step ahead

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
I was in the submarine force, and used my own security clearance as an excuse to lead people into believing the US had underwater bases...

You may want to take the time to read through this thread and actualy look at some of the USO accounts,reports and testimony coming from naval officers, ship's captains, crewmen, coastguards, submariners, fishermen, airline pilots, policemen and sonar operators over the years.

Then you might not be so quick to make flippant,dismissive remarks.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have personally spoken to dozens of reliable individuals who have worked within the ultra top secret realms of our world. And none of them have been able to personally confirm that we indeed have had any contact with aliens or alien technology. Although they have shared information on fantastically extraordinary technologies and other sensitive projects.

When I have purposefully asked about extraterrestrials they have said that they have "heard rumors" of such, but have never personally worked with such things.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

DJM8507 -if you've not seen it before,there are some interesting comments in this essay regarding U.S. Government power structure,secrecy and compartmentalization of information:

1. Secrecy. Nearly everything of significance undertaken by America's military and intelligence community in the past half-century has occurred in secrecy. The undertaking to build an atomic weapon, better known as the Manhattan Project, remains the great model for all subsequent activities. For four years not a single member of Congress even knew about it, although its final cost exceeded the then-incredible total of $2 billion. During and after the Second World War, other important projects, such as the development of biological weapons, the importation of Nazi scientists, terminal mind control experiments, nationwide interception of mail and cable transmissions of an unwitting populace, infiltration of the media and universities, secret coups, secret wars, and assassinations all took place far removed not only from the American public, but most members of Congress and a few Presidents. Indeed, several of the most powerful intelligence agencies were themselves established in secrecy, unknown by the public or Congress for many years..

3. Independence. In theory, civilian oversight exists over the U.S. national security establishment. The President is the military Commander-in-Chief. Congress has official oversight over the CIA. The FBI must answer to the Justice Department. In practice, little of this fond theory applied during the period under review. One reason has to do with the secrecy: the compartmentalization of information within military and intelligence circles. "Top Secret" clearance does not clear one for all Top Secret information. Sensitive information is available on a need to know basis. Two CIA officers in adjoining rooms at the Langley Headquarters can be involved in completely different top secret activities, each completely ignorant of the other's doings. Such compartmentalization not only increases secrecy, but independence from the wrong (e.g. official) kinds of oversight.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join