It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Rite: Mysterious Ladder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by hawk123

Hawk, just curious: have you ever read Case's "The Masonic Letter G"? If not, you would find it interesting.

Very interesting book
The DOG (4 + 70 + 3) star reminds me to the 911 attack on the Pentagon.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Reading all these comments makes me want to take a more active role in attending and climbing the ladder. More time out the house away from her indoors.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Heres a different take on it.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Seven Steps Of Alchemical Enlightenment

1) Innocence -
pure experience

2) Ego -
distinction, development of seperation & boundaries,

3) The Achiever -
Satisfying the ego, laying claim to status, wealth, love, etc

4) The Giver -
Giving back out of gratitude, refusing more gifts...

5) The Seeker -
becoming aware of the 'something' which is missing, but unable to reach it

6) The Seer -
becomes aware that they already have reached 'it'

7) Spirit -
The end of the quest is the beginning all over again, except now you are capable of much more than just 'existing' through your experiences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
any thoughts?

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

[edit on 23/10/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

allo, i f sum q's fer u f u ken spar the thyme....

Is there a singular figure, entity, diety or living man at the head of the masons & if u do not know do u think it likely?

what would be the reaction of the masonic organizations &/OR the head honcho, IF I were to attain equal status & power as the masonic head honcho, if i became his equal with room to grow & surpass (as a NON mason), what would be the reaction??????

on the spiritual side of things, how do YOU think the masonic methods fare against alternative spiritual paths? do you 'lot' believe 'your' way to be the ultimate, the superior?

the last question comes from the perspective that all your work on the physical planes equate to children in a sandbox destroying each others castles whilst the real promulgators (those who decree) & perpetrators (those responsible) work from outside 'this place'. and even 'further out' gather small groups expressing their jovial states of being whilst surveying our universal performance & being thoroughly entertained along the way.
P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 23/10/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
Is there a singular figure, entity, diety or living man at the head of the masons & if u do not know do u think it likely?
There isn't. Each lodge answers to its Grand Lodge. The officers of the Grand Lodge are elected by representatives of the lodges it governs. Grand Lodges don't answer to any higher Masonic authority. In such a system it simply isn't possible for any singular figure, etc. to have any power over all of Masonry.

what would be the reaction of the masonic organizations &/OR the head honcho, IF I were to attain equal status & power as the masonic head honcho, if i became his equal with room to grow & surpass (as a NON mason), what would be the reaction??????
The reaction? A big "so what?" I'd wager. The only power a Grand Master has is in carrying out Masonic rules, bylaws, etc. and with the exception of certain edicts, any significant change to those rules, bylaws, etc but be democratically voted upon by the member lodges.

By what metrics would you propose measuring "status & power", anyway?

on the spiritual side of things, how do YOU think the masonic methods fare against alternative spiritual paths? do you 'lot' believe 'your' way to be the ultimate, the superior?
Nowhere in Masonry does it proclaim its teachings as an ultimate, superior, or in any way exclusive path to spiritual enlightenment. We fully acknowledge that the same principles are held by many philosophies, religions, and other practices. Masonry is just one such spiritual path to self improvement and self knowledge. It is not the place of Masonry to say that anyone else's method is wrong or inferior. We just offer a path that works well for some men where others may have not fit as comfortably.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Firstly, thank you for replying so hastily & at all for that matter. however I would still appreciate a reply from masonic light for whom the question was intended if he/she discovers it.

Originally posted by JoshNorton
There isn't.

mmk..

Each lodge answers to its Grand Lodge.

not what i meant...

The officers of the Grand Lodge are elected by representatives of the lodges it governs.

are the bonds/ties bulletproof? is there not potential for internal manipulation, election fraud, so to speak. also, if its a 'system' then there is always a 'way'.

Grand Lodges don't answer to any higher Masonic authority

But do they answer to each other? does G.Lodge 'A' know without an inkling of a whisker of a doubt the inner workings of Lodge 'B'? unless every G.Lodge was 100% open & forthright with every other G.Lodge, then G.Lodge 'X' could well be up to all sorts of nonsense that could have any kind of consequences, bring shame upon the mason community or misuse power....

The reaction? A big "so what?" I'd wager. The only power a Grand Master has....

from the way you reply here the context has now changed to 'there is no one badass head honcho, just g.lodge masters' so if u refuse to look at it as a possibility in reality, lets pretend we're writing fiction, hypothetically,

lets say there was a lodge, manipulating the workings of the world on a global scale, and lets look at it from a position beyond duality, that is, what is good for one is bad for another, hence there is no 'good' or 'bad' just different points of view. so with that in mind, lets say this guy & his lodge thought they were doing a great job running the world but i wanted to do it different, i thought i could do it 'better' my way.

I just wonder what would happen....

why do i think i'm up for the job? not an inflated sense of my own greatness, i don't think i'm better than the next man, but i do think i can do anything i put my mind to, no limits, i.e. if i can do it, then ANYONE can do it.....but, i can definitely do it.

sorry if that didn't make sense but I don't know if I could be any clearer...

By what metrics would you propose measuring "status & power", anyway?

status is a front desired by some, probably even some masons. its fame or authority or both.

power is knowledge, resource, wisdom, advantage by way of being privy to exclusive things. power is understanding. power can be ill gotten, power can corrupt. my own opinion on god-like works attempted by man is that the man who wields such power, should choose death (or at least relinquish the god-like power) upon completing that one carefully planned piece of work for which the power was given to them. otherwise I can imagine that all they would have left to do is to go about destroying the very thing they just created.

Nowhere in Masonry does it proclaim its teachings as an ultimate, superior, or in any way exclusive path to spiritual enlightenment...........

.........It is not the place of Masonry to say that anyone else's method is wrong or inferior.

no offence intended...didn't mean to imply....blah blah...

We fully acknowledge that the same principles are held by many philosophies, religions, and other practices.

ah, i did not know this either, so does masonry bring anything unique to the table? if so then what? also does that mean you can follow those other religions philosophies & practices along with your freemasonry or is freemasonry the 'pick n' mix' you're stuck with?

thanks again for your reply, maybe if you have time you could answer my other questions too
and maybe try not to get offended this time, think of it this way, who the hell am i for you to be taking offence at what i've said? shrug it off & let it go i say....i mean i don't even know you....on the other hand, the power to offend is a power over the offended albiet a trivial one....triviality never made a difference in the school yard tho....and when was the last time you saw a truly mature human personality? never would be my wager....there aren't any....

P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison

[edit on 24/10/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

interesting to read , while i get the impression that some think that knowing what the masons are considering the "secret" is THE SECRET, and make it sound as if there is no greater knowledge. yet what they have is rudimentairy bits.
i,d like to hear what they would have to say about the lost word and the reason why/how it was lost

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnpaulbelmonde
reply to post by hawk123

i,d like to hear what they would have to say about the lost word and the reason why/how it was lost

Indeed masons are loosing everything.
- I first need to decode The Lost Symbol
- Then we have The Lost Key
- Finally there is The Lost Word. (Logos)
Are there more items lost?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join