It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students refuse to enlist due to 'occupation'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No one has accused the OP of being racist yet... I wonder why?

Where are all Israel supporters who rely on calling their opponents racist now?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Don't worry they will all be around later! The Tel Aviv crowd usually chimes in about 3:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

The East Coast Crowd is having their dinner.

It's always nice when they first page or two of responses can get made before they start the mudslinging!

I can just hear them now...these kids are all self-hating-Jews, probably from the old Soviet Union and probably only have used their Jewishness to get charity and a better way of life in Israel!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by bsbray11

Don't worry they will all be around later! The Tel Aviv crowd usually chimes in about 3:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

The East Coast Crowd is having their dinner.

It's always nice when they first page or two of responses can get made before they start the mudslinging!

I can just hear them now...these kids are all self-hating-Jews, probably from the old Soviet Union and probably only have used their Jewishness to get charity and a better way of life in Israel!

LOL.. You been around, I take it?

Seriously, As an American, everything I hear and know about Israel has been run through so many spin filters, I have to be somewhat sceptical about both sides of the argument. But when students in Israel who live under the barrage of information from their own media can stand up and make a stand (which as the op states happens every few years), then you know they are serious. Especially when they are willing to become political prisoners of their own homeland for refusing for fight in the IDF.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good luck to them, I abhor the notion of mandatory military training for citizens, sure it might build 'character' but thats NOT what its for in most countries, its pure military indoctrination and patriotic mind washing rubbish.

Im a born pacifist so sue me
... These kids are taking the right road as far as im concerned... all the power to em.

Edit:- Sheesh just read the articles comments on that site... id consider them trolling, but they seem to be the vast majority. Such hate for an exercise/example in freedom of choice.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would like to think that this shows some hope for the middle east, when the youth stand up and look, and say what is going on is wrong and we can not be a part of the problem. I am hoping that the politicians in power see this as a call for peace and to stop fighting and looking for more of a common ground. If more of the young stand up and say no, I can not in good faith continue on with this course of action, and a call out for such, then there is hope. The shame of it all, is that it will probably be ignored by the politicians at large.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
80 students out of how many 1000's? Doesn't seem like much of a movement to me.
Worst comes to worst, Israel can always hire Russian mercenaries to fill the ranks. They are cheap and skilled.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
no need to hire Russian mercenaries when we have Blackwater at our disposal. Why enlist and make 400 to 500 a week maybe when you can get hired by Blackwater get paid 6 figures and they run the show.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yet another anti-jew post, I cannot believe this is allowed to continue. This racism is becoming more and more apparent.

So, you are saying it's wrong to fire back if you're attacked first for no reason whatsoever? You should just let the oppressors beat you to death? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

Those students are just few Iranian infiltrators hired to spread lies how holocaust did not exist and such. I mean you have to be brain dead to believe they are there for a good cause.

If I told you "you should be wiped off the map" you would not want to murder me and my family? Then you're an idiot. All those rogue terrorist countries need to be dealt with asap.

Just kidding though, I have no say in those matters. This post may prevent further rhetoric so it's not just supposed to be funny

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
"Ding Ding!"

SassyCat is the first out of the trap shouting ANTI-JEW ANTI-SEMITE!!! Just as predicted.

Back in your box.

This subjct is in no way anti-jew or anti-semitic or anti-anything apart from fascism. Yes that's right - Israel is a fascist state. Deal with it.

The Para.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

Just kidding though, I have no say in those matters. This post may prevent further rhetoric so it's not just supposed to be funny

Eh, are you trying to be funny or not?
If you are not, then you are kind of an idiot.
If you are trying to be funny, you fail.
How is it supposed to prevent further rhetoric?

I must be stupid, I don't get it at all.....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I get it, sassycat. You were being sarcastic & you covered a lot of bases that those who are strong supporters of Israel would cover, thus, no need for them to repeat the same things.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Eh, are you trying to be funny or not?
If you are not, then you are kind of an idiot.
If you are trying to be funny, you fail.
How is it supposed to prevent further rhetoric?

I must be stupid, I don't get it at all.....

Originally posted by kyred
I get it, sassycat. You were being sarcastic & you covered a lot of bases that those who are strong supporters of Israel would cover, thus, no need for them to repeat the same things.

What Kyred said

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yet another anti-jew post, I cannot believe this is allowed to continue. This racism is becoming more and more apparent.

Racism is hatred of a race
Please quote any statement in this thread that even slightly insinuates racism

So, you are saying it's wrong to fire back if you're attacked first for no reason whatsoever? You should just let the oppressors beat you to death? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

No reason whatsoever?
Ummm, if there is an apartheid and your own home is made into a prison concentration camp with robot snipers ready to shoot at you if you come too close to a wall while having the oppressing country blockade food and medical supplies i'm pretty sure that's reason enough to have minimum a select few throw a few rockets at you.

i'm not advocating rockets, but to say they are sent for no reason at all is delusional.

Those students are just few Iranian infiltrators hired to spread lies how holocaust did not exist and such.

Riiiighhtttt
Yes as soon as I saw their pic they looked iranian.
Ya, thanks for confirming that

Originally posted by SassyCat[/i
If I told you "you should be wiped off the map" you would not want to murder me and my family?

First of all that was a misquote, what he said is wipe out zionists off the map not the state of israel. There's a difference, or do you consider all of Israel to be a zionist state?

I am not defending that guy either, he's a walking double standard.
But that is ONE guy by the way.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is great. It is only a matter of time before there is peace there. I truly believe the new generation will solve these issues. They seem tired of fighting wars or genocide in the name of their ancestors. The youth today can see that to kill another over something such as this is wrong. I believe they will find a resolution.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
While seemingly a "movement in the right direction", let's put this into perspective.

80 students signed a petition that was passed onto the media.

Did you know that 79 parents protested in NJ yesterday at the school in Burlington that sang the "we love Obama" song? No? Hmmmm....guess the media doesn't deem this worthy of coverage. Could it have anything to do with Obama's agenda? Since FOX did cover the protest in NJ, and no other media outlet bothered to make a headline out of it, I would say yes.

Once again, the media is looking for anything that can be used to illustrate Israel as the bad guy, simply because that suits Obama.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm glad the students signed that petition.

My point is that I hope people realize how much Obama is really controlling our perception of what's what in the world and how he really has the MSM in his pocket.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
While seemingly a "movement in the right direction", let's put this into perspective.

80 students signed a petition that was passed onto the media.

Did you know that 79 parents protested in NJ yesterday at the school in Burlington that sang the "we love Obama" song? No? Hmmmm....guess the media doesn't deem this worthy of coverage. Could it have anything to do with Obama's agenda? Since FOX did cover the protest in NJ, and no other media outlet bothered to make a headline out of it, I would say yes.

Once again, the media is looking for anything that can be used to illustrate Israel as the bad guy, simply because that suits Obama.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm glad the students signed that petition.

My point is that I hope people realize how much Obama is really controlling our perception of what's what in the world and how he really has the MSM in his pocket.

I would perhaps agree with you on this point it it weren't for the fact that the source is an Israeli media source and this has NOT been covered on American MSM

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I would perhaps agree with you on this point it it weren't for the fact that the source is an Israeli media source and this has NOT been covered on American MSM

Point taken.

I recalled seeing it on cnn.com yesterday. However, when I actually searched it this morning, I didn't pay any attention to it yesterday, I realized it was a paid line item with a link that appeared on their news articles. Completely different, I agree.

I just recalled reading something about the petition on an MSM web site. The paid line item has two sentences about the petition --which pretty much summed it up -- and then provides a link to the web site to join the cause.

I stand corrected.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

No problem Mistakes happen. It is when we can knowledge them and correct them that we grow, learn, and contribute.

Speaking of contributing. It is an interesting side note that this was an "ad" on a MSM site. Wonder who is bankrolling these kids?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I never even knew that Isreal's army was made up of conscripts. Maybe they should move with the times and get a professional army. Or it could be down to there smallish population size that they dont think they would enough support for the miltary.

Either way, if 80 students refuse to enlist it isn't a big deal. Unless they are breaking the law.

Isreal gets a bit of a hard time on ATS. It doesnt help that people play the race card.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There was a time when my country had the military draft.

If you were selected and did not respond in the proper manner you were subject to being jailed.

It was called draft dodging.

Those were times I actually believed our military was fighting to keep me safe and preserve my freedoms.

I don't believe that anymore.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the youth of all nations refused to fight?

Yes, many youths would be jailed or shot. Isn't it more noble to die for freedom and peace than it is to die for oil or other reasons our leaders dream up?

Our youth is our future. I support any effort to end senseless wars.

At the same time I support our men/women in the military. I do not support my countries war machine.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dizziedame]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join