It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger signs ammunition sales bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Not bashing, but I would like to ask you a serious question. Without firearms, how do you propose to protect yourself from a tyrannical government stripping you of your right to free speech, your right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, your right to a trial by jury, etc?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hate to point this out to the people in California. But who voted for Arnold, Polosi, and the other idiots, sorry politicians, that come out of Cali.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Obvious ironies of Last Man Standing aside, this is nothing more than all other "Gun Control Legislation".
It is completely wrongheaded in its approach.

Problem with gangbangers shooting up elementary teachers on the streets? Ban guns!!!
Do you think the gangbanger is going to listen to your silly law in the first place? Hell no. Outlaw bullets and people will learn to pack their own.

You either need to deligislate weapons all together, or you need to ban them all together.
You simply can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Not bashing, but I would like to ask you a serious question. Without firearms, how do you propose to protect yourself from a tyrannical government stripping you of your right to free speech, your right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, your right to a trial by jury, etc?

Well I don't own a gun now and I never will.
Doesn't matter, if the gov wants to strip me of the right to free speech, your right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, your right to a trial by jury, etc, they are going to do it anyway.

My one gun is not going to to do much against 10-15 military or police personnel aside from me taking out a few before my brains are splattered on the wall from a well trained sharp shooter.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03

My one gun is not going to to do much against 10-15 military or police personnel aside from me taking out a few before my brains are splattered on the wall from a well trained sharp shooter.

Maybe not.

But then again, perhaps such a sacrifice and others like it could serve as the inspiration for a much larger movement that finally succeeds in overturning a government that seeks to to create a life and society that many might choose not to want to live in.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
All this from the guy that fired more ammunition albeit blanks in his movies on his way to fame and fortune? way to go Arnie, step on the necks of the little people, lets hope you never need them to defend YOUR rights ?

[edit on 13/10/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
here is how i think walmart will comply either a they won't comply or b they will quit selling firarms and ammunition 2 walmart supercenters were opened in my area in last 2 years both in marine base towns and neither of them has a firearm or ammo section . i asked why and asst manger said it was because they were having difficulty with local sheriff so they decided not to sell in those locagtions

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Can you say UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Should've expected that from the son of an SS officer. Schwarzenegger is a waste of DNA, go back to Gold's gym.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I was just wondering what your reasoning is for thinking that we should ban all firearms? I'm all ears....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Schwarzenegger is a waste of DNA

Political DNA maybe, but he has Maria for that.

He is certainly no waste of DNA, I would be happy to splice a little of his into mine! He is a physical speciman, and bodybuilders are still trying to match the results that he got 20-30 years ago!!

For our really paranoid CS.....you do realize Maria Shriver is a Kennedy, and an elite, and if you believe in TPTB or the NWO, then she is in direct lineage to them, and has plenty of reasons to do a little whisper and tickle and get Arnold to ban all the weapons!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Really, anything and everything can be used as a weapon except for maybe paper and feathers

Paper soaked in resin or even superglue can be made into points for arrows- feathers as stabilizers for said arrows, and depending on the feather, the quill can be sharpened and used as a stabbing weapon.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I live in California, and at Wal mart they have been swiping my Drivers License for the past year every time i go to buy ammo. Thats when I can find it, but thats for another thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just wondering what this law claims is "handgun" ammunition.

I have several rifles that fire common handgun calibers and several handguns that fire common rifle calibers.

Will some state representative follow me to the range to make sure I am not using "rifle" ammunition in a handgun or "handgun" ammunition in a rifle?

Why not save everyone the demeaning attitude and make the law say "all ammunition?"

Sometimes I don't know what's worse: the fact that these idiotic laws get written and passed or the fact that they are never consistent or make any logical sense.

I can't wait for California to sink away into the Pacific.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks that by banning guns will keep them out of the hands of criminals is a idiot. Automatic firearms are illegal and criminals have them. It doesn't matter where you live, if you look long enough and have enough money you can buy anything you want.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
All you have to do is open a newspaper and see how the anti-gun laws (passed since the 20s during the age of Capone, this isn't a new thing) are destroying the Chicago community. They are under siege from criminals and the citizens have no way of taking care of themselves or their property. It doesn't work. Ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Just in my personal Opinion guns are pointless. Ban them all. Sure the criminals and gangs can get them on the black market, but if they are baned the supply will be drastically cut and it should not be as easy for a black market merchant or an arms dealer to resupply.

Yeah, that approach certainly seemed to work for Cocaine. And marijuana. And meth amphetamine. And '___'. And heroin. And immigration...

Not having read the legislation, I would propose that people possessing a current pistol permit should be exempt from having to submit to additional fingerprinting. That seems like a fair enough transaction to me as people who have already taken the legal route to having their weapon should reap the rewards of being able to load that weapon, and persons who do not have a license will now create a record similar to licensees. Maybe California constituents should look for that terminology in the legislation, and if not there, propose it as an addendum?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

www.redding.com

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger today signed into law a bill that requires buyers of handgun ammunition to leave thumbprints and detailed personal information with registered ammo sellers, as well as put restrictions on online bullet sales.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good on you Arnold, regulation in arms is never a bad thing! We are considerate on what countries we sell arms too so why not give the same considerations to what customers we sell too domestically.

And to all the people who scream constitution; you should have yelled just as loud when the Patriot act was pushed through.

Only big business looses out with tighter gun controls, If they weren't loosing out then the corporations wouldn't be pushing their save the constitution cries on the gun loving public.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy1880

We did scream about the constitution, but we were called terrorists.

See why we want to own guns?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

My one gun is not going to to do much against 10-15 military or police personnel...

True, but you are looking at that in entirely the wrong way. Your one with those of the other roughly 52,000,000 (yeah 52 million) gun owners is exactly what TPTB fear. That is somewhere around 250 to 300 million privately owned firearms.

However, you are probably right to assume that your rights are at greater risk, considering your lack of solidarity with those who wish to protect them.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy1880

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

www.redding.com

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger today signed into law a bill that requires buyers of handgun ammunition to leave thumbprints and detailed personal information with registered ammo sellers, as well as put restrictions on online bullet sales.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good on you Arnold, regulation in arms is never a bad thing! We are considerate on what countries we sell arms too so why not give the same considerations to what customers we sell too domestically.

And to all the people who scream constitution; you should have yelled just as loud when the Patriot act was pushed through.

Only big business looses out with tighter gun controls, If they weren't loosing out then the corporations wouldn't be pushing their save the constitution cries on the gun loving public.

I was one of those that screamed against the patriot act and will continue to do so. Just because we have this bogus legislation now, doesn't mean that it can't be struck down at a later date. And while it's nice to be picky about what countries we sell our arms too, which we aren't by the way, but in your perfect world I guess this seems "acceptable". However, we do have a thing here called the 4th and 5th Amendment and our citizens have a right to not be investigated before committing a criminal offense. We are not Iran, we are citizens of this country that have rights. If you don't want to accept those rights anymore, than I suggest you start the process of removing the Constitution and passing another one. And simply throwing your hands up saying "well we have the patriot act so this is okay" really is NOT okay and is a terrible attitude to have, in my opinion. You do yourself a disservice and your neighbor by continuing to shill for those that are stripping the rights of citizens. Your reasoning also pretty much makes the parable given of the guy that says "hey at least it isn't me" over and over after they grab his neighbors for various "offenses" and then you scream when they come for you.

It's just disappointing that there are people here in this country that would like to treat there neighbors as criminals under the guise of "safety".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join