It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much information? Or a helpful tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share something I just came across the other day. At the bottom of ATS is the popularity counter and it links to the stats for the site. What's more, you can search your hometown and see how many people visit ATS: here I tried my hometown and there's 44 people. I thought it would be cool to meet with like minded people, most of my friends are, lets just say super skeptical. But I guess being a nervous and paranoid bunch we are, that will never happen

Its interesting to say the least what kind of info you can find nowadays.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
421 people from my city visit this site out of 45165 people who live here.

Gee I feel like one of the Illuminated Elite...

Oh wait...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
which one is it ? visit index

if so 332

more than i expected

i hope i can meet them some day soon

discuss more topics

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah it surprised me too. I'm in college right now and this city has 134, I'd really like to meet someone that frequents the site. But how are you supposed to introduce that topic... "you know all those crazy conspiracies? well there's this site..."? eh, maybe one day.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

City, 1700 of 500000

By country...

of 60,943,912

I have yet to meet one person in life that knows of ATS and if that were to change in a major way this would just become a mainstream media site. Not far off it these days in my opinion.

I bet the figures are smaller as most members visit often from different places as well so this information is not as accurate to be called too much information in my eyes.

If I ever see my name or address, thats when I might change my opinion on that

As for introducing the topic, I dont fart around, just say to someone, "ever heard of ATS". If they have not which is the most common answer then tell them about it. Remember that humans are curious at their core, people on this site just prefer to answer it rather than swallow it back down if that makes sense. Maybe im unique but I could not care less what someone thinks of me when it comes to speaking about uncommon things, I do care to share anything I have learned however if its possible.

In saying all this though I have never had anyone blow up in my face for telling them something controversial.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I have yet to meet one person in life that knows of ATS

I met one person in my city, via ATS. Turned out he lived about 2 miles from me. Became pretty good friends ....... at least I thought, until he disappeared about a year later.

Hmmmmmm.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

I have yet to meet one person in life that knows of ATS

I met one person in my city, via ATS. Turned out he lived about 2 miles from me. Became pretty good friends ....... at least I thought, until he disappeared about a year later.

Hmmmmmm.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Misfit]

Are you trying to make a confession here or are you just mentioning?

(Note to self, never meet Misfit in person)

Just kidding

Ive never met anyone in person that I have met online be it ATS or anywhere else, too risky in my opinion. Just recently though ive probably been living life too safe. Anyone for a party at my house!!??

[edit on 12-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Are you trying to make a confession here or are you just mentioning?

Making a confession ......... heh, yeah, I can see how that can be read in such a way. Good one

Ive never met anyone in person that I have met online be it ATS or anywhere else, too risky in my opinion.

I do advocate that most people should practice that, at least to not meet anyone while alone, or at a place not in full public eye; but I am from the rough side of life, so no worries.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Very perceptive.

Has anyone else checked out the 'Demographics Section'

I'd love to know how they get to those conclusions. It's not like we had to fill in a questionnaire when we signed up saying if we have kids and our level of education.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

Do a little research on how Quantcast "Quantifies" audiences and you'll discover how they make those educated guesses about all that information they display about people who come to ATS, or, any other site big enough to get "quantified".

Springer...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That clears up a bunch. But what I'd like to know is who are the 3, 3-12 year olds? I find it hard to believe a 5th grader bringing in the Majestic 12 papers for show and tell

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised.

142 ATSers in my town.

That's definitely enough for a party.

top topics

join