It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Fox News Is 'A Wing Of The Republican Party'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Obama administration declared Fox News - and its owner, reporters and commentators - shills for the President's Republican opponents Sunday.

"Let's not pretend they're a news network," White House communications director Anita Dunn said on CNN's "Reliable Sources," firing the latest salvo in the long-simmering feud.

"Fox News often operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party," Dunn said.

"What I think is fair to say about Fox, and certainly the way we view it, is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party," she added.

www.nydailynews.com...

Ummm ya so
We all knew this
and MSNBC is a wing of the Democratic party along with the Huffington Post
Tell me guys, how popular was the Huffington Post before Obama ran for President?

Though CNN is kind of in the middle it does tend to lean towards the left more often than not.

If you are going to call out Fox News I sincerely think you should call out everyone.

I completely agree, Faux News is absolutely an arm of the neo-conservative party.
Not just any republican though, they ridiculed Ron Paul the most let us not forget.
Therefore it's about money not a specific party.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In a roundabout way, they were simply validating the FACT that every other brown-nosing media outlet is truly a wing of the democratic liberal left.

They aren't fooling anyone that actually pays attention.

What happened to real journalism? Oh yea, it's been sold and locked away.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nonsense. FOX is 'fair and balanced."

But I did hear that MSNBC eats the heads of spider monkeys. Raw.

Lets see, if you just listen/watch the ratings. . . .

Then most people are also members of the right wing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ummm, duhhh. just having them come out and say this also means that they are in fear of what is happening with the conservative movement as well as them admitting that everybody else is left leaning in how they report the news.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ummm ya so
We all knew this
and MSNBC is a wing of the Democratic party along with the Huffington Post
Tell me guys, how popular was the Huffington Post before Obama ran for President?

Though CNN is kind of in the middle it does tend to lean towards the left more often than not.

If you are going to call out Fox News I sincerely think you should call out everyone.

Basically, I think you pretty well summed it up. One network is basically anti-Obama / heavy right leaning (Fox). The others range from being basically cheerleaders for team Obama (MSNBC) to more often than not leaning left (CNN).

What I don't get is how come if the administration has most networks except one praising them - they get all bent out of shape about the one that does critize them?

Its almost like they are saying, "All the TV news stations love us except you guys and that's because you have cooties!!! So there! So you'll just have to stay home with your cooties while we have ice cream!!"

Its almost a school kid type reaction of a popular kid who isn't liked by someone so they lash out at them.

Edit - grammer.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Basically, I think you pretty well summed it up. One network is basically anti-Obama / heavy right leaning (Fox). The others range from being basically cheerleaders for team Obama (MSNBC) to more often than not leaning left (CNN).

What I don't get is how come the if administration has most networks except one praising them - they get all bent out of shape about the one that does critize them?

Its almost like they are saying, "All the TV news stations love us except you guys and that's because you have cooties!!! So there! So you'll just have to stay home with your cooties while we have ice cream!!"

Its almost a school kid type reaction of a popular kid who isn't liked by someone so they lash out at them.

This president has the biggest ego of anyone I have ever seen/heard about/read about.

It makes sense.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As bad as Bush was at least he never went after the media and the vast majority of the media was against him for the most of the time he was in the white house. I have no doubt fox has a lot more people with republican political viewpoints working for them but if people didn't want the product there would be no market for it. Fox caters for right leaning viewers and considering there is less competition for this audience it's simply good business.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of how the Acorn scandel is being handled ;
It's not the the fault the Acorn employees who got caught promoting illegal behavior,It's the fact that they got caught "illegally"(in one state).It's like finding drugs in your kids room and their defense is, your a snoop.
Thank god for FOX news!Otherwise you would only here obamas' agenda

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1
Fox caters for right leaning viewers and considering there is less competition for this audience it's simply good business.

Yup - having a monoply on the "right wing view point" (at least as far as TV news is concerned) has certainly been good for their ratings. Those that seek that in TV news don't really have an alternative.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The irony is that CNN is currently running an Anderson Cooper commercial where a woman says, "I'm a lifelong Democrat and that's why I watch Anderson Cooper.". Also that Cooper will "hold "right wing" conservatives accountable". Yeah, why hold the people in charge accountable?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Actually, although FOX Hysteria, ahem, I mean FOX News may *APPEAR* to be serving as pundits of the GOP, they are doing a remarkable job of discrediting the GOP.

If I were a Republican I'd be steaming mad at FOX for furthering Rupert Murdoch's Political Agenda in the name of my Political Party.

Some Media Outlets cater to ratings. Some Media Outlets cater to advertisers. Some Media Outlets cater to the will and whim of their owner. However, no Media Outlets cater to political parties. FOX News serves one interest only...Rupert Murdoch, an Australian Billionaire. Rupert Murdoch is not Republican, but apparently it is serving in his own selfish interests to make it look as if his FOX News is catering to the Republican interests rather than his own.

The sooner the GOP distances itself from FOX News, the better off the GOP will be.

(And then the Libertarian Party will have to worry about FOX News trying to discredit it by appearing to serve that Party's agenda!)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"What I don't get is how come the if administration has most networks except one praising them - they get all bent out of shape about the one that does critize them?"

Ever heard of the "Fairness Doctrine"? Although it did not succeed in getting reinstated, it was just another insidious attempt to eliminate free speech. And look who its number one fanboy is.

www.wnd.com...

No wonder the country is in a heap of trouble. The White House is more concerned about some fictional TV shows (yes, that's what mainstream media has become) than they are about solving some very serious problems. Since they're working so hard and doing such an outstanding job, I wonder how those meatheads find the time to watch all that TV programming.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Fox News is Unfair and Unbalanced just like Cheney is - after all Cheney loved the news outlet because it met all his Dr. Strangelove requirements!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What Fox news leans to the right? Noooo....
Lol old news lady, I just found it funny how she said that CNN reports "real" news opposed to Fox. Yeah give me a break all the MSM media are sold to one party mostly Liberal though. Although they tend to not like members in their own party too, like Ron Paul. Maybe they all just don't like truth?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan
Fox News is Unfair and Unbalanced just like Cheney is - after all Cheney loved the news outlet because it met all his Dr. Strangelove requirements!

If this is as true as you claim, why are their demographics more balanced than any other network?

thinkprogress.org...
people-press.org...
people-press.org...

A new Pew Research survey breaks down cable news network viewers by partisanship. CNN leads among Democrats, Fox leads Republicans, and MSNBC has the greatest percentage of independents:

CNN: 51% Democrats, 18% Republicans, 23% independents
MSNBC: 45% Democrats, 18% Republicans, 27% independents
Fox News: 33% Democrats, 39% Republicans, 22% independents

SM2

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
maybe they are scared to death because Fox news has some serious ratings, what was it most recently? Fox had like twice the viewers of the other networks combined? That has to have them a little edgy. Seriously though...this is some seriously childish behavior by the Obama adminstration, he has been on Nickeldeion, Univision and speed, but he will not go on Fox? In my opinion it kinda makes him look like a spoiled little &^%$. Words of advice Mr.Obama, you are president now, why don't you try and act like it? Get out of campaign mode, stop spending my tax money on discrediting one network and a handful of OPINION makers and do your damn job! This is not Chicago, you cant bully the whole country like you did back in the windy city.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think many people just think they are right-wing, because they don't cater to the left, as MSNBC and CNN do. Some are just so used to liberal propaganda, anything else seems right-wing.
Why would R. Murdoch- a Democrat who supported H. Clinton in her bid for the Presidency, direct his channel to cater to the GOP? Makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
How Nobel is this? What an idiot Obama is...

I can't wait until he is so utterly irritated that this thug gansta in the white house shows his true colors and starts having everyone arrested that disagrees with the chosen one he thinks he is.

What a hoot that will be.

"Let me be clear" we will have no disagreements here!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Soooo...what does Nickelodeon and SciFi Represent?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
He's right, but then again CNN, NBC, etc are all "branches" of the Democratic Party.

They're all lies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join