It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam, Like Afghanistan, Another War Fought Over Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a little known reason for the vietnam war was oil, not the spread of communism.
herbert hoover was instrumental in the devolpment of that knowledge, and laurence rockefeller of standard oil, "encouraged" the US to enter the vietnam war.

www.brojon.org...

iraq and afghanistan the same, not al queada, but the oil.

en.wikipedia.org...

there are several references at the bottom of this wikipedia page, a lot more interesting information available there.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i knew about this during the sixties, and it really fried my @ss...especially after some friends got drafted. we were all patriotic and ready to fight the good fight, before we found out about this....and you wonder why so many vietnam vets are so angry and against the current wars.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you-I believe both wars ARE about the same thing, but oil is only one aspect-poppy control is the most overlooked factor of both wars.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I have to disagree with you-I believe both wars ARE about the same thing, but oil is only one aspect-poppy control is the most overlooked factor of both wars.

true..you are right my friend...both countries have them. drugs and oil, that is what should be on those late night infomercials for "MAKING UNTOLD MILLIONS"
it just saddens me that so many of our young men have had to die for these wealth creation projects

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It isn't even about oil anymore....it's about industry....the weapons....I'm a hawk and rather conservative. Now is a different time in our country....this is about MONEY....billions.....nothing more. It's about the few Industrial complex pro war companys that own us. Look around ...open your eyes. It's clear whats driving us. It could be left or right....you can't fight the BILLIONARES.......

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmalone
It isn't even about oil anymore....it's about industry....the weapons....I'm a hawk and rather conservative. Now is a different time in our country....this is about MONEY....billions.....nothing more. It's about the few Industrial complex pro war companys that own us. Look around ...open your eyes. It's clear whats driving us. It could be left or right....you can't fight the BILLIONARES.......

what??? open my eyes? your agreeing with me...you don't think drugs and oil involve billions of dollars? sure, the industrial complex is the 800-pound gorrilla in the room. and it has always been about money...for thousands of years in all different forms. the theft and murder over oil has only been around for a little over 100 years.

new topics

top topics

join