It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Interview with Rush Limabugh this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think it was a great interview. Rush did a good job of showing how these media people can be hypocritical. He also explains how a lot of us feel about race, especially when it comes to Obama. I love this exchange:

GANGEL: When your critics say these things are racist, or they’re homophobic....

LIMBAUGH: They’re none of that!

GANGEL: Are you a racist?

LIMBAUGH: No! Are you? Why are you asking?

GANGEL: Are you a homophobe?

LIMBAUGH: No, are you?

GANGEL: No.

LIMBAUGH: Well, good. Then we’re both clear.

Rush is really no different than John Stewart or Bill Mahr, but he gets treated different because hes a right winger.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Do these people rush and all americans, think for themselves, lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Rush definitely thinks for himself and as someone who listens occasionally, I can say that I think for myself. More often than not, Rush says what I was already thinking.

As far as the interviewer thinking for herself, its clear she is not. Notice how Rush asks, "why don't you ask these questions of SNL"? and the interviewer just ignores it. He does it again when she starts bringing up the race stuff.

Its amazing how little research these media people actually do. Thats why Rush is so confident and unapologetic, because he knows hes right and they're working off media driven rhetoric. Every single attack on Rush from the media that I've ever seen has been complete rubbish, except maybe wen it came to the the drugs incident.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

reminds me of something my grandmother once said, "If you never lie, you never have to remember what you said."

Nice interview. She got her hat handed to her.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Rush isn't racist or discriminate in any kind of way huh?

Then explain this Top 10 Rush Limbaugh Racist Quotes. Make sure to watch those youtube videos of Rush Wimbly and what do you have to say about that?

Nevermind you don't have to explain them. It's obvious where your leanings are. I find it funny that he know retracts his past statements while in the public eye. But then again, Rush is an ass that only concerned about ratings.

So now you want me believe what he is saying NOW as oppose to back then huh?

Point.Set.Match.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Nevermind you don't have to explain them. It's obvious where your leanings are

I beleive in equality for all people. Race is the least of my concern when judging a person. How is that for obvious?

Now on to these so called "quotes" from Rush Limbaugh. Which I guarantee are either taken out of context, or were never said at all.

newsone.com...

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

Rush never said this, has denied it and there is absolutely no evidence to back it up. The quote came from this book, but was never backed up with any proof. There is no reference for it. Its one of many completely made up quotes that supposedly came from Rush.

So right away the credibility of this list is already in question.

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Again, no reference or evidence exists to back this up. As far as anyone can tell, it was completely made up. This article makes no attempts to back any of this crap up. Rush also denies saying it. Why would he? He isn't a racist!

Going down this list, none of it is backed up. Not a single shred of evidence can be produced to back any of these up. Half those videos claim what hes saying is racist, when its not at all. The first clip that "proves hes a racist", has a clip of Rush DEFENDING the black community against what he sees as an oppressive political party keeping them down. Apparently Rush saying anything about race is automatically spun as racist.

The ESPN thing wasn't racist. He said the media was giving Mcknab some leeway since they wanted to promote black quarterbacks. Other ESPN hosts said it later and agreed with Rush. The media has been open about promoting black coaches in the past, so I don't see the problem there. More spin from attack dogs in the media.

The magic negro song was a parody based on an article written by an LA Times, black reporter. Calling Obama a "magic negro" , because he was getting white votes.

Obama the 'Magic Negro' -- latimes.com

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

So Rush isn't racist he just like to say racist things? I'm a sports fan and i watch ESPN you should have seen how much they came down on McNabb when he made a racial comment, but that's beside the fact.

So i'm not suppose to believe quotes supposedly not said by Rush but made up by a 3rd party to make him look like a racist even though he has said some discriminate things and believe him when he goes on MSM to tell the U.S. that he's not homophobic and nor racist? How convenient, who is his target audience again?

I believe him as much as Don Imus and Don has been caught with his pants down too.

Actions speak louder than words. Have you heard that Rush MIGHT be interested in buying a portion of the St.Louis Rams? Then you should be interested in the actions of the black players of the NFL, talk about putting your money where your mouth is! Here is a little link NYDaily News: Rush wants a piece of the NFL. So now i suppose that we all are totally wrong about Rush and this interview ha nothing to do with the fact that no black players will play for a team that is even partially owned by Rush.

So i guess this website is making this story up Limbaugh and i guess Rush forgot about Randall Cunningham but the other successful black quaterbacks here is the incident Rush's Comments on McNabb

Pwned!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

So i'm not suppose to believe quotes supposedly not said by Rush but made up by a 3rd party to make him look like a racist even though he has said some discriminate things and believe him when he goes on MSM to tell the U.S. that he's not homophobic and nor racist? How convenient, who is his target audience again?

Can you back up any of them with evidence? No, you cannot. NEXT!

So now i suppose that we all are totally wrong about Rush and this interview ha nothing to do with the fact that no black players will play for a team that is even partially owned by Rush.

Why was it racist when Rush said it, but not when other ESPN hosts said it? What exactly is racist about it in the first place?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I must admit I find myself in disagreement with Rush's social policy as a whole and find he has no reasonable backing of his economic policies any more than any DC Republican. He is a divider and banks on that fact.

But he is funny. The way he generates media backlash is a hilarious game he mastered. Obama the 'Magic Negro' was hilarious. Morgan Freeman has a successor.

A magical negro is a term for a fictional black character with no past that mentors or helps a white person to accept that particular black person, and some say, without having to accept all black people as a whole. 'The Green Mile' is a prime example of this as the black man in question is literally magic.

Rush makes an interesting point in the interview that people need to take to heart. Something to the fact that as the President O.T.U.S. color is a non-issue. Color, itself, does not affect policies and policies are what is most important.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Rush is really no different than John Stewart or Bill Mahr, but he gets treated different because hes a right winger.

Well, he's nowhere near as funny (matter of opinion) nor is he a comedian. He is first and foremost a political pundit and shouldn't be compared to them.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Well, he's nowhere near as funny (matter of opinion) nor is he a comedian. He is first and foremost a political pundit and shouldn't be compared to them.

You know this how? Do you listen? I've listened for a long time and half his show is comedy/parody. I can only assume you don't listen and are just guessing or accepting other people's characterizations as fact.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by really

You know this how? Do you listen? I've listened for a long time and half his show is comedy/parody. I can only assume you don't listen and are just guessing or accepting other people's characterizations as fact.

Yeah, I do know that Rush is not a professional comedian and that he is a political pundit. I did say that his being nowhere near as funny is a matter of opinion (my opinion). The rest is fact.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Yeah, I do know that Rush is not a professional comedian and that he is a political pundit. I did say that his being nowhere near as funny is a matter of opinion (my opinion). The rest is fact.

No, thats your uninformed opinion. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you don't even listen to the guy. how do you know if hes a comedian or not? His show has always been a political comedy show!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

how do you know if hes a comedian or not? His show has always been a political comedy show!

Well, nobody would consider Bill Mahar the de facto leader of the Democratic Party, now would they? Somebody appears to be taking Rush at face value. That doesn't say too much about Republicans now does it?

But thanks for letting me know he's a just another clown...I can sleep better now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by really

No, thats your uninformed opinion. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you don't even listen to the guy. how do you know if hes a comedian or not? His show has always been a political comedy show!

Really? Rush has done stand-up comedy or improv? He has? Being a professional comedian means doing stand-up or improv. He's a disc-jockey and most of what he talks about has a political connection.
Aside from that, you're right, I don't listen to the guy REGULARLY. I have listened to him. I never said he doesn't have a sense of humor (whether or not people like it). He's obviously entertaining (he has a load of followers). He might be hilarious but he is NOT a professional comedian. Being a professional comedian means going on stage and performing comedy.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Of course they wouldn't. There is no media campaign to paint him as such. Michel Moore is a good example of someone the DNC actually invited to their convention and nobody in the media ever suggested he was a de facto leader of the DNC. Even though they were using many of the arguments he made in Fahrenheit 9/11 to further their campaigns and specially Kerry's.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Rush gets treated the way he does because he's a fat junkie.

www.cnn.com...

Once a junkie, always a junkie. They lie even when not strung out.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

an you back up any of them with evidence? No, you cannot. NEXT!

I already did, in the first link i think it was, that has the youtube videos of the Young Turks and there comments on what Rush says. I like those guys, i'm superscribed to their channel. That's what i based my decision on, what he said and what ain't reported on the net. NEXT!

And i totally disagree with what Steve had to say, you should have watched the NFL network when they were talking about it. Those NFL players just showed everyone, including Steven Smith (my boi!) that he is wrong.

I think it's funny that you are willing to admit to racism and discrimination (we always clash on your posts, hehe) in one direction but when it's heading in the other you always do what you do. Why not meet me in the middle and agree to disagree huh?

Even though i must admit, i do like Obama and company less and less since you showed up, heh. Damn you! (sarcastic, keep it up Wimbly :up

join