It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French may take intrusive measures to prevent inside-the-body bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Security experts are split over whether inside-the-body suicide bomb is a serious threat; the French say they may not take any chances, and warn that security measures at airports may become more intrusive

homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

Security authorities around the world continue to assess the repercussions from the incident with the al Qaeda suicide bomber who tried to assassinate a Saudi minister by detonating an improvised explosive device hidden inside his body with a cellphone. According to the London Times, French antiterrorism officials will likely recommend using inspection techniques reserved for drug mules to catch this new threat to aviation security.

frustrating, and time consuming if security adjusts to this new threat.
As well as taking off shoes and handing in liquids, passengers could be subjected to X-ray screening or be required to hand in all electronic devices because they could be used as detonators, police commanders told Le Figaro newspaper.
Full X-ray scans, which are used by customs officers for examining suspected drug smugglers, would cause huge disruptions for air travelers, said a senior Interior Ministry official. "It is unthinkable when you think about the frequency with which some people fly. The health risks would be too high," he told Le Figaro.
The Ministry declined comment on possible new measures, which would be decided by Brice Hortefeux, the Interior Minister.

Ok...I'm not going to fly any more any way.

Exposure to constant X-rays sounds pretty bad for the health of passengers....but I wonder if body cavity searches are going to be any more beneficial...

I just can't see this getting any better. It seems as though soon, you will give up your rights to your body whenever you fly.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, I suppose the up side of this move would be to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, less people flying, fewer aircraft needed, less fossil fuel burnt polluting the atmosphere.

Maybe these threats are being proposed by the marine lobby in a hope to create a new golden age of mighty liners criss-crossing the globe. Maybe someone could build a gigantic high speed catamaran, fill it with people and goods, put everyone into a little cell, knock them out with some sort of gas, make the ship like a giant Faraday cage so the signals can't get through to stop the up the bum bomb, would these be known as bumbs? I suspect this short of ship would use less fuel, create fewer emissions and such. Maybe it's all been a giant conspiracy from the shipping companies????

new topics

join