It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis made to drink Uranium enriched juice?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Just reading some more of your posts on the 1940 Nazi Germany=2009 Israel thread.

I like it on that thread how you show your "objectivity" and "create balance" by posting statements like the following:

Is it bad to be pro-Nazi?

Again, most of the civilized world would say yes it is bad to be pro-Nazi. How troubling for you it must be that the Nazis weren't able to finish their task.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes, is it bad to be pro-Nazi? That was my response to someone asking if it were a bad thing to be pro-Israel.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'll happily admit Israel's biggest mistake, and that was unilaterally withdrawing from Gaza in 2005!

Pretty scary Matt Pryor, pretty scary, no wonder the world is such a war torn place? All of Israel's theft's of lands, kidnapping and murders, organ trafficing, refusal to abide by U.N. Treaties, refusal to allow Atomic Energy inpections of it's nuclear facilities, war crimes, and human rights violations and you consider their only mistake withdrawing from Gaza?

Wow!

I can easily see with attitudes like that just how the Israeli government would use humans as guinee pigs and make them drink uranium.

Scary, scary, scary Matt Pryor, scay indeed.

I know you're just trying to bait me into an over-reaction Proto, and that's okay. People like me need people like you, otherwise we'd have no-one to argue with, amiright?

Wouldn't the world be boring if we all just agreed on everything?

The fact is that you and I both know that this conflict is long, tragic and bitter. We both know that there has been enormous suffering on both sides of the fence.

It's sad to see Palestinians being held up at checkpoints on their way to work in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. It's sad that after Israel withdrew from Gaza and elections were held, and the world thought that maybe - just maybe - peace might be around the corner, the Gazans elected a group that rejected outright any prospect of peace with Israel. It's sad that that group continued to provoke Israel with hundreds of rocket attacks on peoples' homes and schools. It's sad that the UN stood idly by while Israel pleaded for something to be done, for years, and it's sad that those pleas fell on deaf ears.

It's sad that only when the Israeli government felt it had no choice but to respond militarily - when quiet suburban streets were rocked by hundreds of mortars and shells per day - then the world decided to pay attention and all people like you could do was criticise and scream "war crimes!".

How nice it would have been if you'd been able to offer your friendly, helpful advice on how Israel should deal with that relentless assault on ordinary peaceful people before they responded in the only way governments know how to respond. You clearly have a much better idea of how to deal with terrorist rocket attacks than Mr's Olmert and Barak - it's sad that you didn't share your pearls of wisdom with them before it was too late.

It's sad that residents of places like Sderot have to live their lives in fear, that children as young as 2 have to be treated for post-traumatic stress. It's sad to read about the paediatrician whose face was horrifically disfigured when a Qassam destroyed her clinic.

It's sad to read about the school buses that have been blown up by suicide bombers, leaving wreckage, childrens' body parts, blood, spattering the street. It's sad to read about Patrick's Pub when people who were guilty of nothing more that enjoying each other's company, music, dance, were horrifically massacred by cold blooded IRA-trained extremists filled with hatred and bitterness.

It's sad that Palestinians are represented by people that reject every compromise, every opportunity for peace and dignity, in favour of continued hatred and rejection of Jewish peoples' right to their own country.

But you know what strikes me as the most sad thing of all? That you only choose to see one side of the suffering. The other side doesn't matter, doesn't count.

And yes, Israel's biggest mistake in this entire conflict was withdrawing from Gaza - unlike Operation Cast Lead they didn't have to do it - it was inhuman and cruel and has caused nothing but pain and misery for everyone. It was wrong to drag people from their homes at gunpoint. It was wrong to abandon beautifully tended university campuses and synagogues to be desecrated and destroyed. It was wrong to uproot whole communities and then abandon them to live in motel rooms, homeless to this day. It was wrong to leave Gazan Palestinians to the mercy of extremism and hatred when what they needed was law, order, clean water and a healthy economy, which Israel brings.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Yes, is it bad to be pro-Nazi? That was my response to someone asking if it were a bad thing to be pro-Israel.

What do you think?

Since you've asked.

I think you believe that being pro-Nazi is just fine. I also think from reading your posts on different threads that you are using a pseudo-intellectual persona to try and mask a deeply held anti-semitism. If you were truly trying to "create balance" as you've claimed, you'd have posted criticism for both sides for the barbarous acts perpetrated by both sides in this conflict. What we've seen, however, are only one-sided posts condemning Israel, while muslims get a pass. Now, which of us truly seeks "balance"?

Hypocrisy and anti-semitism exposed ...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I think you believe that being pro-Nazi is just fine.

Really? Is that how you justify to yourself how someone could possibly see what Israel is doing is wrong? By assuming we must all be Nazi sympathizers?

If you go back and reread the post you are referring to, I was actually comparing the Nazis to modern-day Israel. Just like the entire thread I posted on. So if I am a Nazi, and I'm racist against Jews, then why would I compare Nazism and the country of Israel?

I also think from reading your posts on different threads that you are using a pseudo-intellectual persona to try and mask a deeply held anti-semitism.

You have a serious delusion. I am not "a pseudo-intellectual," you just don't know what in the hell you are talking about and can't form a decent argument.

If you were truly trying to "create balance" as you've claimed, you'd have posted criticism for both sides for the barbarous acts perpetrated by both sides in this conflict.

No, creating balance to me is trying to knock some sense into the thick skulls of all you rabid pro-Israeli military guys, often the same kind of people saying they want to see the Mid-East turned into a parking lot. Ie racist against Muslims. I think Muslims

[edit on 13-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I just want to point out that taking a pro-Israel stance is not the same as being militaristic. Also being pro-Israel does not preclude one from being pro-Palestinian.

I for one am pro-Israel because I believe in the rule of law and liberal democracy above anarchy and violence, and to me Israel represents the former whereas Israel's enemies tend to represent the latter. You may disagree with that assessment, but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

This site would be a much nicer place if people could avoid generalising each other based on just one opinion. I think we're all a lot more complex than that.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

I just want to point out that taking a pro-Israel stance is not the same as being militaristic. Also being pro-Israel does not preclude one from being pro-Palestinian.

Quite correct and I applaud you for your balanced views. Some of us support Israel because it is the only western-style democracy in the entire region.

I for one am pro-Israel because I believe in the rule of law and liberal democracy above anarchy and violence, and to me Israel represents the former whereas Israel's enemies tend to represent the latter. You may disagree with that assessment, but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

This site would be a much nicer place if people could avoid generalising each other based on just one opinion. I think we're all a lot more complex than that.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mattpryor]

I wonder why this bsbray feels he needs to be on a personal crusade to "knock sense into the pro-Israeli crowd" when pro-Israelis are in a definite minority on this board. Plus, it is quite juvenile to assume that anyone can convince anyone else to change their mind on this board based solely on what they feel is the "strength " of their arguments. Been here over 5 years and I can count maybe on one hand the times I've seen someone post, "You changed my mind ...". If bsbray can't convince any of us to agree with him in the first couple of posts, just give it up. It's not going to happen. OF course, what follows are the insults to people that can't be badgered into changing their minds.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well greetings, Matt Pryor--

You claim to be 'pro-Israel' because you believe the current and past regimes since 1948 hold up to some standard of democracy?

Have you ever been to Ramallah or Jenin or to the Gaza Strip over the past 15 years and witnessed the brutality of the Israeli IDF up close and personal?

www.rense.com...
whatreallyhappened.com...

If you call this type of behaviour living up to a meaningful democratic standard, maybe you need to get out more...and see what life is like on the ground over there !

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Sigismundus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Well greetings, Matt Pryor--

You claim to be 'pro-Israel' because you believe the current and past regimes since 1948 hold up to some standard of democracy?

Have you ever been to Ramallah or Jenin or to the Gaza Strip over the past 15 years and witnessed the brutality of the Israeli IDF up close and personal?

www.rense.com...
whatreallyhappened.com...

If you call this type of behaviour living up to a meaningful democratic standard, maybe you need to get out more...and see what life is like on the ground over there !

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Sigismundus]

Have YOU been there, or are you simply content to rely on the totally discredited rense.com as a "valid" news source?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Plus, it is quite juvenile to assume that anyone can convince anyone else to change their mind on this board based solely on what they feel is the "strength " of their arguments.

In other words, you wouldn't change your mind about something even if a logical case were made for it. Or, it would be juvenile for me to assume such a thing could happen.

Oppression is all over the world. It's very simple to see who is the oppressor, and who is being oppressed. The Palestinians are not the oppressor in this particular situation. Everyone that backs Israel is just backing a bully that kills and abuses more Palestinians than Palestinians have ever abused Israelis. Israel constantly expresses sentiments to invade Iran and other neighboring Muslim countries, and those countries can hardly even defend themselves without being attacked by pro-Israelis saying they are all on a jihad and trying to wipe out the Western world, which is BS. It is really sickening to me. That is why I barrage you guys. Because amongst the most disgusting things I see on this forum are from people who foam at the mouth for Israel.

Even on this thread, people come out to essentially say, "What? Israel? Did something wrong? Noooo! Impossible!" Like I said, I never came to a conclusion on the article, I simply read it and keep it in mind; things like that definitely happen in the real world. But for *some reason*, all these people want to say Israel would never do such a thing? Why? Because they are brainwashed. No one should give any more of a damn about Israel here than they do about the civil unrest in Eastern Europe. The fact of the matter though is that the major media actively pursues the Israeli/Palestinian conflict because they have this big propaganda machine churning out pro-Israeli Americans left and right, and the US continues to lobby the UN in defense of Israel despite the obvious illegality of many of the things they have done. And again, it is clear who the oppressor is. It is not Palestine.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Plus, it is quite juvenile to assume that anyone can convince anyone else to change their mind on this board based solely on what they feel is the "strength " of their arguments.

In other words, you wouldn't change your mind about something even if a logical case were made for it. Or, it would be juvenile for me to assume such a thing could happen.

That is my point exactly. You haven't made a logical case for your point of view, so it is juvenile to think you can change other people's minds. It's also juvenile because - stop and think - exactly how many people's minds have you ever changed about anything? And it's not just you, it's everyone's experience. That's why I use the word "juvenile", because most adults realize that's how the world works at some point during early adulthood.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It figures you would focus on that part of my post and nothing of what I actually said about Israel and Palestine.

You won't change your mind because you don't WANT to change your mind. You LIKE to back a bully, you don't CARE who they kill or for what reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Im calling BS on this aswell...there is little point in such a test,i can't see any atleast.If there was an actual point to such a study i wouldn't put it past them to do this as practically every country has been involved in something or other when it comes to the harmful effects on the general populace.But juice laced with uranium?...im not buying it.

No point to seeing the effects of eating contaminated food? The British contaminated food with various chemical agents, such as Mustard Gas, and fed it to their own people. In war, food gets contaminated - what's so unbelievable about this?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You drink radioactive isotope when you get certain medical imaging done. It allows you to see your guts. the soft tissue doesn't reflect the x-ray so it has to be augmented with the radio active juice. They even pump radio active dye threw your heart, to see the inner workings of the heart. Its a very common procedure done every day all over the world. this is not a conspiracy, but a misinformed reporter.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by lookingup4it]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You won't change your mind because you don't WANT to change your mind. You LIKE to back a bully, you don't CARE who they kill or for what reason.

I won't change my mind because:

1 - I personally feel my logic is better than yours on these issues.

and

2 - It is not your job to try and change anyone's mind. No one hired, appointed, or elected you to that role. Learn to be OK with your own thoughts and stop badgering other people about theirs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Learn to be OK with your own thoughts and stop badgering other people about theirs.

In most other cases I would agree, but in cases where countries are committing crimes and atrocities against people I find this sentiment rather sickening.

<< 1  2   >>

join