It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's HOAX on America - Real CNN Footage from 1991 "Gulf War"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I found that clip exceptionally amusing...loved the comments also.

As far as it for sure being in the studio...I seen no evidence of it being a hoax, but I see even less evidence of them being where they say they were....its just guesswork as to where they are and why they felt the need to have a backdrop..ultimately I am inclined to *believe* that its a hoax and that they were safely in a studio somewhere...was the studio in the middle east in some bomb shelter or back in the US is guesswork.

loved the helmet/gas mask mixup..vintage cnn fail video.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This seriously makes me think of Iran's president's warning of "weapons of mass media".

He seems to be more awake that most Americans..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How did that even pass as authentic.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't think those videos of Bush visiting Africa isn't filmed in Hollywood with American black children starring as future guerrilla fighters.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Some of the people that I work with get mad at me for saying that America uses propaganda and false news to control the masses. Maybe I should email them this. I think they would get a good laugh out of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Priceless. Really Priceless.
Everyone I know will get a copy of this from me.
Especially those who don't want to.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
THATS THE BEST SKIT IVE EVER SCENE THEY NEED TO WRITE FOR SNL

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hmm, that's not really evidence of anything is it? Well, they use artificial light, obviously, that's standard, so it's impossible to tell what natural light conditions are and sunrise is 5am-ish at that time of year anyway. They were Laural and Hardy-ish in their presentation I'll accept but again it's not proof. Could it be faked, of course. Was it? There is no hard evidence to say it was. If you call people "sheeple" that applies to anyone that goes along with someone/something blindly without examing the facts. It goes both ways, conspiracists and non-conspiracists alike. If you want people to believe that is evidence it will take more than a poor quality youtube video. I suggest trying the "would it hold up in court as evidence" rule. That would not.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by logican]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The real evidence is that there was no delay between the man and woman talking. If they are on two different sides of the world there would be a message delay.

You can just tell that it is completely fake.

This supports my theory that the swine flu is just another flu, and it is the controlled media that hyped it up to raise tamiflu and vaccine sales. They are playing everyone like a fiddle.... but not me.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
"The real evidence is that there was no delay between the man and woman talking. If they are on two different sides of the world there would be a message delay".

There was a delay. I'm confused why you said there was not. They talk over each other which is normal with a delay, maybe you are confusing this for no time delay?

"You can just tell that it is completely fake".

That's not evidence. That's a belief.

"This supports my theory that the swine flu is just another flu, and it is the controlled media that hyped it up to raise tamiflu and vaccine sales. They are playing everyone like a fiddle.... but not me"".

2+2=5

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

What do you have to gain by protecting the controlled media?

Anyway, I will prove you wrong now...

The reason they were "stepping on each other" is because they were both messing up their lines, and it was bad acting, they were out of sync. There was no delay AT ALL except the natural delay from their own minds.

At 0:29-0:30 the lady asks "If you are able to take a question...uh..." and the guy interupts at 0:31-0:32 and says "ok fire away" in reponse. That was less than 1 second delay. In those days there should be at LEAST a 4 to 5 second delay, and even longer.

Then later at 0:36-0:38 she asks ".....just after 6 in the morning?", and he says "....yeah..." at 0:39. There was ZERO transmission delay, and only mental delay.

Either you are deaf or you are protecting the controlled media.

I suggest agreeing and moving on because I don't argue points unless I am correct. In this case I am 100% correct.

Also, 2+2 does not equal 5. You obviously didn't understand my point about the swine flu propaganda. I believe they are using the media to create hype about the swine flu, in order to cause a reaction. Action-Reaction.

...now go learn how to quote.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Usually the process of creating reality is more subtle:

Pentagon Blackout documentary part 1 (a mass-media cover-up)

The Military-Industrial-Media Complex Why war is covered from the warriors’ perspective

[edit on 12-10-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I'll start with your last quote "...now go learn how to quote". Childish and personal but let's pretend you are not inclined that way.

I'm protecting the controlled media am I? I'm asking for evidence. It's not that unreasonable a request.

""Anyway, I will prove you wrong now..."

Let's see...

"The reason they were "stepping on each other" is because they were both messing up their lines, and it was bad acting, they were out of sync. There was no delay AT ALL except the natural delay from their own minds."

No evidence yet...still belief, though if you are an expert on time delay in satellite broadcasting I'll take it back.

"At 0:29-0:30 the lady asks "If you are able to take a question...uh..." and the guy interupts at 0:31-0:32 and says "ok fire away" in reponse. That was less than 1 second delay. In those days there should be at LEAST a 4 to 5 second delay, and even longer"

Ah, 4 - 5 seconds! Well, obviously I was wrong, your plucked from the air figure has proven me this.

"Then later at 0:36-0:38 she asks ".....just after 6 in the morning?", and he says "....yeah..." at 0:39. There was ZERO delay transmission delay, and only mental delay"

He says "yeah" 2-3 seconds later. Again you make me see your evidence is rock solid.

"Either you are deaf or you are protecting the controlled media"

I'm not deaf. So that onlt leaves one option! In a paranoid mind. It's beyond beleif I'd like facts I suppose. Now that would be weird! But lets continue...

"I suggest agreeing and moving on because I don't argue points unless I am correct. In this case I am 100% correct"

I could say that too, doesn't make it true, well, outwith ones own mind.

"Also, 2+2 does not equal 5. You obviously didn't understand my point about the swine flu propaganda. I believe they are using the media to create hype about the swine flu, in order to cause a reaction. Action-Reaction"

Media over reaction to one event is proof that this was a fake news broadcast does not make sense. Apart from being off topic it only goes to show you can't quite grasp what I was saying.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by logican]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For everyone who claims there is a) No smoking gun or B) no concrete evidence of this being staged.....

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO before posting.

For 1: You see a studio set in the video.... For 2: There's no delay during the interview. For 3: Did you watch the end? People don't joke in a warzone about hamburgers.... They are inside a studio. So to spell it out for you. The alarms were fake. The jets flying by was fake. The part with the gas masks, fake.... The interview was fake.

It's a mockery of Media.

How much evidence does it take before people wake up. Your ignorance of the fact is why this stuff allowed to go on...

Your ignorance is now affecting my life, my families/ friends lives. It stupidity like that, that allows this to go on... We are in a big bowl of dung, because of ignorance. When the video is staring you right in front of your face, and you deny deny deny.... I'm Speechless.

Wake up and watch a whole video, before posting on it.

IF they can fake this, then they fake that. If they can lie about this, then they lie about that... It's important, considering what the Media is focusing on now (Flu, war).

It's bad when the "news" is being made by the media. CNN is pathetic. Thank god for ATS.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

"For everyone who claims there is a) No smoking gun or B) no concrete evidence of this being staged.....

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO before posting"

Have done, many times, ok, let's go...

"For 1: You see a studio set in the video...."

Where?

"For 2: There's no delay during the interview."

There is.

"For 3: Did you watch the end? People don't joke in a warzone about hamburgers.... "

Um, they do. I guess you don't work in a field with high stress/death. It's a needed relief.

"They are inside a studio. So to spell it out for you. The alarms were fake. The jets flying by was fake. The part with the gas masks, fake.... The interview was fake."

Awaiting your evidence.

None presented thus far. Look, I'm a scientific kind. That means I don't assume a personal and emotional reaction is fact. The odd thing is when I ask for actual evidence I'm somehow part of a conspiracy! I get you feel strongly but you have nothing to back it up with. I'm not your enemy but you are not presenting anything other than a belief, so please give evidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh cmon.. So you watch one video all spliced together and now you are convinced CNN's coverage of the first Gulf War was fake. Sometimes I think the gullible are calling the people with sense gullible.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sacrosanct

Originally posted by Shadowflux

On a side note, I miss the 90s

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Shadowflux]

The world was indeed a much happier place with dial-up, DOS and Power Rangers.

indeed it was, mainly because in the 90's things were slower techn wise compared today as you mentioned, making people more impatient, and so on and so forth, remember true happiness comes from within

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by logican
"WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO before posting"

Have done, many times, ok, let's go...

"For 1: You see a studio set in the video...."

Where?

There are only two possibilities here:

1) You have not watched the entire video.

2) You are a troll.

You claim you have seen the entire video, yet you still cannot spot the studio? Since that is impossible if you really have seen the entire video, then that causes me to lean heavily towards you being a troll.

Your credibility has been reduced to nothing. Many topics on ATS can be debated, but this video cannot. It's 100% concrete evidence of a faked interview by CNN, and you are wasting your time trying to prove otherwise.

Of all the trolls on ATS, you were the only one desperate enough to take on this video. You can learn something from the rest of them by picking the threads you troll in more wisely.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join