It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barroso fears powerful 'European president'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has sided with smaller member states in trying to restrict the role of the proposed president of the European Council, a new post created by the Lisbon Treaty. Addressing the European Parliament on Wednesday (7 October), Mr Barroso chastised MEPs for referring to the post as "president of Europe." ..... Some member states, such as France, have indicated they want to create a major player with the presidential job by appointing someone who can open doors in the US and China and who can give the EU some gravitas on the world stage.

Barroso fears powerful 'European president'

So France (and probaly Germany) wants to have a really powerful President Of the EU.
Tony Blair is still the main candidate but most MEP's do not think he will ever become president, since he's English.

"Yes he is a big character but you can't do the job if your member state is not in big EU policies [such as EMU]," said the prominent industrialist, who currently sits on the board of numerous cross-border companies and is a key behind-the-scenes mover in European circles.

Mr Blair has emerged as a frontrunner in recent days following reports that German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been persuaded to swing behind the British candidate.

EU Council president must manage national leaders, says Barroso

It's going to be exiting to see which kind of power this new President will get. Probaly not so much to start with, but in the long run I'm sure it will become a real powerfull President!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm really no that hot for this new nonsense of having a EU President but!...

I'll take Chancellor Angela Merkel any day before that lying SOB & clown, Tony Blair!

Even if i'm no fan of the EU politicians in general, I think most Europeans feels the same regarding this choice.

But Barroso should really STFU after he got his second term by very suspicious weeling & dealing with the rest of the corrupted elite.

What is bothering me more is that the Swedish NWO shill Carl Bildt is nominated for being EU's foreign minister - that's too much for me to handle right now!

Viva La Locura!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I would not want Merkel neither. She already is one of the most power people in the world, and has been elected worlds most power woman for like 3 years in a row now. She controls Eu's largest economy and she is head of the G8. Her being President of Eu aswell is too much!

new topics

join