It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Daughters Not Vaccinated Against H1N1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

The Centers for Disease Control recommend that children ages 6 months through 18 years of age receive a vaccination against the H1N1 flu virus. At this time only children with chronic medical conditions are receiving the vaccination because their immune system is not strong enough to fight off the strain. The CDC also says a regular seasonal flu shot does not protect against the virus.

Link to Full Article

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
No common sense thinking person will get a H1N1 vaccine. I'll bet the entire presidential family will not get one.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If they plan to put something harmful in this vaccine my guess is it will NOT be in the first batch.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, as they always say, "Lead by example." This will be the first time Ever that I follow Obama's leadership for something.

Thanks Obama!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Only compromised children get the vaccine. The Obama daughters are healthy and are not being made an exception for.

I am glad to hear that they are not asking for special consideration because they are the first family.

Though I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if they had made an exception. I can only imagine how much contact with the public they have.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The funny thing is that I was reading Popular Mechanics (yes, I know) and there was an article, basically a FAQ, on the vaccines. Under the question "Is it safe?" it stated that the vaccine is safe for adults but the clinical testing for children isn't complete yet.

Then how come children seem to be the first people getting this vaccine? They started administering the nasal spray here in New York and the first recipients were children! How can they suggest that children, 6 months to 18 years, get vaccinated when the trials for children aren't even finished????

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

It has not been any sustainable testing for adults or children is not data and the FDA or the big pharma can provide one as we speak.

Also the FDA broke their own Federal laws to put the vaccine in the market, for that they are now under a law sue.

One of the reasons the FDA have federal laws is for the protection of the people.

But this time billions are already at stake because the way that the vaccine was pushed for mass production.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Only compromised children get the vaccine.

That's not entirely true. I got a letter and a consent form sent home with my son from the school last Thursday for it and he isn't compromised in any way.

_______

As a parent I don't blame the Obama's for not giving the vaccine to their kids. It hasn't been around long enough for my liking and I don't trust it yet. That consent form I got from the school was signed on the "Do NOT vaccinate" line and my son's been told that if anyone tries to give him a shot that he needs to tell them his mom said no and to call me. And there will be hell to pay if they do it anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'd say, that at this time, millions, if not billions, have already been made in profit from the cases upon cases of vaccines that were sold by the pharmaceutical company. The reason why there is such a big push to get people to take the vaccine is because it's now up to the doctors and hospitals to sell the vaccine directly to the people.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yes you are right but also the governments of countries around the world including the US purchased the vaccine already before was even in production.

Interesting that no precautions has been taken for the security of the people to be vaccinated, but for profits.

Something that I didn't know is that the vaccine is not a whole vaccine until is mixed with the adjuvants before administered in other words the bashes of vaccine are to be send to the many places that will be buying the vaccine and then mixed by them, this brings the issue of human error and incompetence.

Billions of dollars are at stake
Why, then, did the FDA apparently violate the law and push these vaccines into full public distribution without securing the safety testing required by law? Turner suspects a profit motive may be involved: "They're charging $24.95 to get a vaccine. Multiplied by 100 million people, that's a lot of money. If you do the whole society, you're talking about several billion dollars."

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Heh. The more you know. Then again, it's too late for some of those early-adopters c/o those msm goons.

The big pharmas would not let those vaccines go to waste. It will be such a big loss for them especially in these trying times. The big pharmas need our help so get the shot and endanger your lives for the greater good (or Evil).

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I was going by what the article was saying:

At this time only children with chronic medical conditions are receiving the vaccination because their immune system is not strong enough to fight off the strain

I am gonna guess different areas have different access.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Probably. I live in a much smaller area than what Obama and his girls do. With much fewer children here it would make sense that it would be available to more here than it is there.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

My kids had one sent home with them too. There was no "do not vaccinate" line to sign though. It was to be filled out and turned in to see how much interest there was. Two days later (pretty quick turnaround compared to other forms filled out and sent in), I received a recorded phone call from the school board stating that the shots would be given over the weekend. I'm glad I didn't have to worry about my kids being vaccinated "by accident".

Now, when anyone asks me why I didn't have my kids vaccinated, I can back up my stance on the lack of testing and possible dangers with Obama's children not taking it.

My kids aren't compromised in any way either.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

S & F! Interesting...why would someone ask Gibbs this question?
I will follow this more carefully now...

Earlier this month, President Barack Obama urged Americans to get vaccinated against the H1N1 "Swine Flu" virus when the new vaccine becomes available in October. The president also said he and his wife "will stand in line like everybody else" so high risk groups—young people, health workers, pregnant women and those with underlying health problems—would have immediate access.

This is an admirable gesture, but as a public health measure it does more harm than good. It fails to convey the urgency required for a successful mass vaccination. Now is the time for Mr. Obama to send a clear message about why his administration has spent billions to ensure that as many Americans as possible are protected against this virus. There's little reason to worry that strong words will incite a public panic. On the contrary, a bigger concern is that many Americans are skeptical that the risks of H1N1 are serious, and that getting vaccinated is worth the effort. .....

.......Nonetheless, it appears that many people are not planning to get the Swine Flu shot. A recent survey from the University of Pittsburgh shows that about three-quarters of Americans believe that neither they nor their family members or friends will contract H1N1, and a poll from the University of Michigan reveals that only 40% of parents plan to inoculate their children.

online.wsj.com...

Ahhh the perfected propaganda of political doublespeak!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm probably gonna catch hell for this but I don't see what the big deal is about the vaccine. My kids are all gonna get it as soon as I can arrange it. While there may be some folks who are concerned about the safety of the vaccine - there is no doubt about the nature of the virus itself. H1N1 is a killer. If you choose not to get your kids vaccinated that is fine, but it just seems irrational to me to risk contracting a disease that is known for sure to be a killer of healthy young people just because you have some unfounded fear that the government and "big pharma" are out to get you.

Also - I don't know if it applies across the country - but the doctors and hospitals here will not make any money off of this vaccine at all. It isn't available to them.....well at least not in quantities to administer to the general public. I work for a hospital and I believe we will be getting sufficient quantities to vaccinate some or all of the employees, but we will not be selling any of it to the public. The only way to get it is through the local health departments and that will be for free (or nearly so) because the federal government bought the entire stock and is now giving them to the states for free.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
How can they suggest that children, 6 months to 18 years, get vaccinated when the trials for children aren't even finished????

Because IMO the children getting the vaccination ARE the trials.

Also if this vaccine does indeed harm in the long run then they will have effectively removed a rather large element of the weak people from the population.

WOW in the long run this could save the med industry billions. Make all the weak and sick kids of today sterile or something.

Just rambling but maybe not.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Huh????????

Obama's children go to school with OTHER young children... Every parent knows that elementary schools are really just big petri dishes teaming with germs...

If Obama's children become H1N1 infected, doesn't that put the POTUS' life at risk?

And yet they currently don't have the requisite 'risk' to qualify for the vaccine?
]

Does White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs expect us to believe that?

Does anyone buy the notion that with respect to a potential risk to the POTUS' life, he and his family and staffers and anyone else he would come into daily contact with wouldn't be eligible to be at the head of the line for a vaccination against a potentially deadly communicable disease?

Especially when he says EVERYONE ELSE should be getting one????

H1N1 Flu Tracker. Washington, DC

I call BS on this vaccine!!!

When his kids get verifiably vaccinated, then I'll consider the same.

I smell a rat....

[edit on 14-10-2009 by loam]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Im very glad that those girls are not getting vaccinated, no child IMO should be getting these shots. They are dangerous, and they dont make people feel safe taking them. Nobody I know is taking these shots, and I wouldnt expect anyone with half a brain to do so.

With that said, I think that Obama should start leading by example, not double talk. Until his immediate family gets vaccinated, I believe that the vaccinations should be takin off the shelves. Nobody is going to take them if our own leaders wont. Not to mention the fact that other countries are asking for the shots Without the mercury and extra additives in them.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by total_slacker
If you choose not to get your kids vaccinated that is fine, but it just seems irrational to me to risk contracting a disease that is known for sure to be a killer of healthy young people just because you have some unfounded fear that the government and "big pharma" are out to get you.

Here in NZ over Winter, H1N1 was NOT a sure killer of healthy young people. In fact, the vast majority who died, were influenced by existing medical problems. The majority of young people who contracted H1N1 described it as mild, with some saying it was no worse than the common cold.

The mortality rate of H1N1 was no worse than the normal seasonal flu, except for all the hype in the media of course (which I must add, started over false numbers of the dead in Mexico).

So given that, it seems irrational to me, to risk your kids health and well being for a vaccine which is not sufficiently tested, which has known harmful adjuvants, similiar to those which killed and paralysed people in the 70's, when H1N1 is not actually that bad.

edit to add that this is not because of some fear of big Pharma out to get me, but common sense. They're not neccessarily out to get you, just your money.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Curious and Concerned]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join