I have done a search of ATS and see that there's an enormous body of threads covering this topic that has been a repeatedly-flogged dead horse. I'm
sure that many of the old-timers on ATS groaned when they saw this thread pop up.
The reason why I have gone ahead to beat this dead horse some more is that I was totally surprised that Gregory Douglas' book, Regicide: The
Official Assassination of JFK
was NOT covered in any of these JFK-related threads, hence this thread.
Professor James Fetzer has written some reviews about Gregory Douglas' book, the first of which is an overview...
According to Douglas, Crowley took numerous documents with him upon his
retirement from the CIA and occasionally shared them with various historians.
As he came to trust Douglas, he became increasingly forthcoming, especially
about the sequence of events that led to the death of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
If Douglas' documents are authentic, this has to be one of the most important,
if not the most important, developments in the history of the case.
...and the second of which is an honest critique of Douglas' work. Some of things that Fetzer questions, I, too, wonder, but the rest of it, I think
that the information is spot-on, with a number of exceptions, like the number of shots (only thee shots are described in each of the intelligence
reports covered in Regicide: The Assassination of JFK
, when there were between 8 to 10 shots that really were fired)...
Douglas is not without controversy. You read. You decide.
In a nutshell, the bare facts of the JFK assassination are purportedly:
1) The CIA was the prime mover in the regicide of JFK; the CIA's reason was that it was JFK who was leaking the classified PDB (Presidential Daily
Briefing) to the Russians, which was treason and the CIA considered a number of ways to remove Kennedy, including impeachment, but, in the end, they
chose to fully neutralize him.
2) The Director of Central Intelligence, John McCone, ran Operation Zipper.
3) The Israeli Mossad was involved with the logistics, as well as to kill the Corsican sharpshooters; the CIA needed covert operatives who did not
live in the USA and who were proven to be extremely discreet and effective in carrying out logistics of an extremely-sensitive project; furthermore,
Israel was really pissed-off with JFK because he refused to allow them to build the nuclear reactor, Dimona, which was absolutely essential for Israel
to have in order for them to make their own nuclear weapons.
4) The main shooters were Corsican Mafia sharpshooters; the Mafia wanted JFK gone because of RFK's pursuit of the Chicago Mafia, who never expected
the Kennedys to go after them, because of one of their own, Joe Kennedy, who chafed badly from Capone's shaming Joe in the past, so Joe wanted
revenge. It was great prestige for the Mafia to have a Kennedy as President. At Joe's insistence, RFK went after the Chicago Mafia with a vengeance
that shocked the Chicago Mafia, so they were eager for payback against the Kennedys.
5) The Joint Chiefs of Staff were informed of Operation Zipper and they did not stop them from proceeding; the Joint Chiefs of Staff had wanted JFK
gone, because JFK killed off their Operation Northwoods plans and that pissed them off.
6) The FBI was involved to the extent of participating in the coverup.
7) LBJ was informed and remained silent on the plans to neutralize JFK, as he was about to personally gain from this operation.
8) JFK issued the EO 11110, which was his attempt to destroy the Federal Reserve and he had succeeded in getting the initial run of the US Treasury
Notes printed off and the Rothschilds would have none of that, so they supported the regicide of JFK.
So that's apparently what happened to the last President who really tried to be a real President.