It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Disguising As Stars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
the whole meaning around the numbers 333 is The number 3, 33, 333 are significant it is said that the holy trinity is three and that christ was crucified at the age of 33 but also that his vibration was 333. I too have awakened to the clock reading 3: 33 and gone directly into meditation and experienced a peace and an awareness that is unmatched by anything I have ever experienced on earth. So I feel that the person who keeps seeing 333 is a blessed individual indeed and should embrace these numbers rather than fear them. Let them serve as a reminder that christ is always with you even until the end of time.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Have you had a similar experience?

Yes. I see the exact same thing you describe all the time.

I live not far from a major airport, and when I look south, I can see planes traveling directly towards me as they head to the point where they begin their final approach. At this point they bank off, but up till then they look like stars just sitting above the horizon (since they are head on you can only see one light) and lined up in a vertical row, occasionally drifting a little from side to side.

Let me guess, it was the lower "star" that peeled off to the south first? (Edit2 - I just checked and you said it was the top "star", so you must have been seeing them take off... which should be quite easy to prove or not if you check the map)

If you check the main flight paths around where you used to live, you will have your answer I think, providing they have not changed since then.

Edit: Even if there is no set flight path there, it may still have been military planes, or who knows what (sheriff's dept. choppers perhaps?), any formation of aircraft following the same course could in theory look like what you described in your first post.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i have had a similar experience in 1998 while taking a break from stargazing with my telescope i saw what was an object as bright as venus go from stationary to slowly moving and then ultra fast out of view ok perhaps it was a meteorite at a strange perspective...then i look back to where i had origionally spotted the object and there it was again i was totally sober and fully awake it boggles my mind as to what the heck it was

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
These "stars" are probably much closer than it appears, i would say they are ufo orbs (of the white type) a max of 100 yards away, that sort of distance would make them look like stars

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xalaran

That sounds just like a "optical-brain fart" to me xalaran.

Our eyes do not always see what's really there, and our brains fill in the blanks/make mistakes when there are minimal cues. Similar to autokinesis which was mentioned earlier.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
so im not totally insane i am in queen creek az 85243 and for quite some time now have noticed MANY of these "stars" in the same way they have been described. first theres 2 by orions belt on on the right botom corner (close too anyway) and another towards the left if you were to look on the last star of orions belt then kinda veer down towards the left just a bit further also too they do seem to respond a bit if you have a good flashlight preferably w a strong led and if you move it around in their direction and they kinda follow it. and last but not least when the moons out glance over then move your head towards the right maybe an armslength view or more and watch it off n on from 8pm to 11pm first that one starts off at a NORMAL star color however when it disappers after 11pm its a very noteable flashlight yellow color. please please any validity in this regards would be greatly appreciated so i dont hafta check myself into the funny farm

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sedona74]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ive been studying these "Star UFOs" for about Four years now, I started seeing these star/entities when i started using my "Night Vision Gen2 Binoculars"It all started with scanning the night sky's until i could find one, till i started finding out that there was an area a little past the end of the "Big Dippers" handle, all the stars in the little group were the same size! A little after dusk these little guys started to just pop into this dimension and once there were 6,8,10 of these guys, they started to flash/power up, then take off! The more i saw these things, the more i started to realize, they were at the same spot over &n over? With that knowledge, i didn't have to search them out any more, they were there, every night! After spending Two weeks at the UFO Congress, Helping Ed Grimsley show 500-Five Hundred people see their first UFOs, I went home. The next night after the UFO Congress Everything Changed, in regards to the studying of the UFOs In the sky where i live they all started to wait until i looked at them before they would take off? Well this was an interesting development? From that day on, they would wait for my eyes to lock on before they moved, and i didn't know which ones were the UFOs until i started to realise that they were actually pulling my eyes to them then they would take off? Well this changed everything, They now were flashing me, stopping over me, I would ask them to come down to meet me and they would comedown a lot closer than i was comfortable with? They place my eyes on them to initiate flight, it was amazing! One night i asked one to stop over me, it did, then something behind me grabbed my Elbow from behind, My eyes left the goggles to the right, it was hard to see anything, but, something in my peripheral vision dissapeared instantly, my eyes went back to the Googles and as i was starting to look up to the UFO, Something white flew up in front of my goggles up to the UFO, the UFO got brighter, the UFO started to move away, and cloaked??This happened Twice? Anyways after that second "Close Encounter of the Forth kind" i decided to start recording every thing from that night on! That's all i can tell you for now! It will take too much typing & time to go on from here! Yes i know a little about the UFOs that disguise themselves as stars! I'll make a new recording tonight, here in La Selva Beach Ca. as long as it's clear!

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sperical123]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sperical123

You should really have posted in the other thread Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky IMHO, but since you did not...

they started to flash/power up

It's called a satellite flare.

Satellite flare (also known as satellite glint) is the phenomenon caused by the reflective surfaces on satellites (such as antennas or solar panels) reflecting sunlight directly onto the Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright "flare".

they would wait for my eyes to lock on before they moved

In other words, before you got a proper look at them they were not moving? How do you know if you did not get a proper look at them before?

They now were flashing me

Just like the flares mentioned above, satellites can also "glint". A glint is just a very quick flare off a small part of a satellite, or it could also be tumbling junk (which there is lots of in orbit!).

stopping over me

Whilst looking up in the sky, with few visible cues that would be seen in more "down to earth" situations, it can easily seem as if an object that was moving, appears to stop, or even move backwards. It's an optical illusion just like the autokinetic effect mentioned earlier.

the UFO started to move away, and cloaked?

Satellites are only visible in the sky when they are lit by the sun. When the Earth comes between them and the sun (ie the satellite passes into Earth's shadow), you can no longer see them, hence why they seem to disappear, and also why they suddenly seem to appear out of nowhere sometimes.

You'll probably find that at this time of year, you might see a few just after dark, but 2-3 hours after sunset, you won't see anything moving up there apart from planes and meteors, which is because the sun dips way down below the horizon at this time of year, so everything above you in the sky is in Earth's shadow.

SPACE.com: How to Spot Satellites
More info on the subject.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I always appreciate when someone with superior knowledge chimes in and offers their 2 cents. Unfortunately, this time you ran out of change. Your explanations don't always fit what is being reported. Too many people have seen stationary "stars" haul off. So for some reported sightings you could be right. But you can't make blanket statements about what others report.

Some NASA videos show a lot of these stationary "stars" haul off also.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
pretty sure i was interacting with one last night.

The only bright red star I saw and it moved 3 times in about 15 minutes.
Beautiful night too

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Your explanations don't always fit what is being reported.

Did I say they always did? Please show me where!

Originally posted by The Shrike
Too many people have seen stationary "stars" haul off.

Just because someone thinks they saw "stationary "stars" haul off", does not necessary equate to them being more than mundane phenomena.

I already explained how someone might appear to see that occurring, so although you may think there is no explanation apart from "UFOs", you are ignoring that fact that there is.

If I'm out of change, you've obviosly been in the red for some time.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here's a whole page of "star" images taken over the last year. Many of these stars are reported to have actually responded and moved to the thoughts of the observer. If this is truly happening then we are into a whole new dimension of UFO observation. Will this be one of the ways they, the UFO occupants, will begin contact?

According the Creme, the star "behaves in a way no other celestial object does”.

He says that the ‘star’:

• resides in our Earth’s atmosphere
• can move, spin, pulsate and blink
• can change size and shape (eg round, diamond, hexagonal)
• can change position in the sky
• can get closer, and recede, at speed
• is very bright and sometimes the only star visible
• can radiate bright colours, often in quick succession
• has been sighted day and night
• can respond to thought: has been known to appear and move when asked
• several witnesses have even seen all four ‘stars’ together
• is seen all over the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

People say allot of things, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are true.

Lets have a look as some of his claims in detail.

• resides in our Earth’s atmosphere

He says that, but I can't seem to find any evidence supporting his claim on that web site.

• can move, spin, pulsate and blink

Autokinesis can make "stationary" lights like planets and stars appear to move, whilst scintillation can make them appear to "pulsate and blink".

• can change size and shape (eg round, diamond, hexagonal)

Stars and planets can vary in brightness (and apparent size because of this) due both atmospheric conditions and altitude above the horizon, as well as a similar effect to the Moon illusion.

Ok, lets look at some of the images he has presented to back up these claims...

Round:

Source: click here

These effects are typical of out of focus stars, planets, and any other point light source or near-point light source. Read up about "airy discs" here.

Computer-generated image of an Airy disk. The gray scale intensities have been adjusted to enhance the brightness of the outer rings of the Airy pattern.

Source: wikipedia

Here is a star called Altair imaged at varying degrees of focus:

Source: Kolkert-Observatory

See the similarity?

How about "Diamond" then?

Spain, Photograph sent by G.L., Barcelona, who explains: “The star rises in the sky at about 11pm from the east-southeast and seen from the north moves west, rising in altitude. It moves quite quickly. This photo was taken in Vilassar de Mar, in Barcelona province, Spain … camcorder footage shows ‘pulsations’, changes of size and flashing of the star when the zoom was fixed in the same position.”

From the photograph's EXIF data I determined that the camera used to capture this image was a Panasonic HDC-SD5 Hi-Def Camcorder.

Here's another image I found that was taken with this same model, from which I have enlarged and cropped a small area:

Both the green light and the "white" light in the lower left hand corner, are clearly diamond shaped.

This is indicative of the Panasonic HDC-SD5 having a diamond shaped iris.

The iris (or aperture) shape can give point source/out of focus lights the appearance of having almost any shape you want:

Here are two shots to demonstrate this technique - one with a bare lens and the other with the hearted hood.

Source: diyphotography.net

Some cameras have round irises, some have diamond shaped irises, but many cameras have an iris that is hexagonal or in some cases (like the above example on the right hand side) pentagon shaped.

From Creme's collection:

How about "the cross"?

These are what are known as "diffraction spikes". They are common when using a small aperture, and can even be seen in one of the example images I posted above.

How about this image which Creme posted:

The Netherlands, Tilburg, 25 July 2009. E. H. writes: “About midnight the star was positioned low in the sky, east-southeast, and moved unusually fast southward. In the foreground the funfair can be seen.”

Larger file: click here

I checked using my planetarium software what the sky would have looked like, and sure enough the bright "star" in the photograph turned out to be Jupiter, which would have been very bright (mgnitude -2.8) that night in Tilberg:

Click here and go to the "astro-UFO" folder or save and view from your own PC to see the full size image: media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=63444

Look how well the stars match, and they are exactly in the part of the sky (low in the east-southeast) that "E. H." referred to in the "report" above.

Here's another odd looking object at first glance, but it is in fact what you would expect to see when two bright out of focus stars are next to each other:

The Airy disks of two close objects will overlap
making it difficult to see either clearly.

Source: The RASC Calgary Centre

Continuing...

• can change position in the sky

Not really surprising since the Earth rotates (making celestial objects in the sky seem to move over time), and planets also constantly change their position against the star background.

• can get closer, and recede, at speed

Well I've heard people say this before and it has turned out to be more likely than not a star or planet ... Famously Jimmy Carter said exactly the same thing about a UFO that was later shown to most likely be Venus.

In this case, Creme has already shown that he is very good at misidentifying celestial objects, so it would not surprise me if he had a similar "brain fart" to Jimmy.

• is very bright and sometimes the only star visible

Funnily enough, that description also fits Venus to a "T":

After the Moon, it is the brightest natural object in the night sky, reaching an apparent magnitude of −4.6.

In fact, if you know where to look, you can sometimes see Venus in broad daylight it's so bright!

• can radiate bright colours, often in quick succession

This is also a well known effect that is caused by scintillation as mentioned before.

• has been sighted day and night

See above...

• can respond to thought: has been known to appear and move when asked

I'll believe it when I see it...

• several witnesses have even seen all four ‘stars’ together

"Four"?

• is seen all over the world

Venus would be too depending on the time of day/year/location.

We're not in for some "new dimension of UFO observation", it's just the same old crap being peddled to unsuspecting (or ignorant) people by "UFO witnesses" who don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to stars/the sky/proper identification/cameras.

Don't let the ignorant few fool you into blindly supporting and promoting their ignorance.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Regardless of what you say or claim, the fact is that my sighting cannot be criticized or explained with prosaic explanations. What I saw was unusual and I'm not the only one to report such an event. What I experienced cannot be explained with autokinesis or anything else that violates common sense.

Your explanations may fit other cases because the experiencer may not have been alert to notice details. But my experience is one of the best ones and has no explanation other than UFOs.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Your explanations may fit other cases because the experiencer may not have been alert to notice details.

No. My explanations fit the cases I mentioned above because they are based on real facts that can be tested rather than pseudo-science and baseless speculation.

In all the cases in my post above where the "experiencer" has provided details or evidence I have proved that they are more than likely celestial objects like planets or stars.

So how is it that the "experiencer not being alert to detail" affects my assessment of an image or report?

But my experience is one of the best ones and has no explanation other than UFOs.

Talk is cheap. Either post some evidence to back up your story (It might also help if you told it or post a link to it)... Wait! On second thought, don't bother. Your sighting is so mind boggling that it can't possibly be anything other than ETs, so you obviously have your mind made up.

I have no time for closed-minded trolls. Welcome to my ignore list

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ive seen these star ufos or as i like to say very high up ones many of times, i pretty much peer up every night in hopes of catching one again, im not sure wot or who thay are i just know their there ive probly seen more of them than any other ufo, ive only ever seen 1 close ufo that was probly no fether than 3-4 miles away.

thay are pretty easy to spot and if you tryed hard enuff thay would be easy to get a good video of, i allways keep a good eye on the stars locations today and can spot fairly easy witch is not suppost to be there, if you do find that, watch it long enuff and thay tend to flicker faster and then either ping of like a shooting star or just disapear,

summer is the best time of the year to spot them after a big thunderstorm... or crisp winter nights when high pressure is over.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sedona74

hi mate
i keep seeing 1111 as the time when i wake up or at night so thats 11 minutes past eleven
also 666 is quite common for me to see
any thoughts on that?
thanks!
i also have been seeing alot of seemingly moving stars
i think they might be aliens

edit on 10-9-2010 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join