It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Disguising As Stars!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I forgot to include the following which is germane to this thread.

Sometimes in darkness one can be affected by the autokinetic effect. Here are a couple of sources where you can find out what it means.

Autokinesis is a visual illusion. It can occur under certain conditions, especially on dark nights in areas with few visual cues (such as lights or other illuminated objects or landmarks). ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinesis

autokinesis - A visual illusion in which a stationary source of light appears to move
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/autokinesis

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I witnessed something of this nature in late 2005. The sighting took place near two Air Force Bases in England.

It must have been about 7PM. The sky was completely clear of clouds. My attention was drawn to a stationary point of light in the sky. It appeared to be a bright star at first glance, but after watching it for a few seconds I noticed that it had a somewhat artificial appearance. I cannot explain why I had this feeling or why it even caught my eye in the first place - it was simply out of place.

Without warning, the ‘star' began to descend at a high speed. It gradually faded out until disappearing. It descended smoothly and deliberately. Having spent countless hours sky watching (wish I still had the time) I can assure you that this light was no satellite, helicopter or shooting star.

Here is an animation I created. Please note that the 'star' was stationary for considerately longer than shown in the animation.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I forgot to include the following which is germane to this thread.

Sometimes in darkness one can be affected by the autokinetic effect. Here are a couple of sources where you can find out what it means.

Autokinesis is a visual illusion. It can occur under certain conditions, especially on dark nights in areas with few visual cues (such as lights or other illuminated objects or landmarks). ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokinesis

autokinesis - A visual illusion in which a stationary source of light appears to move
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/autokinesis

The only problem with that is, on a clear night, with no light pollution, like the night I saw one, there are hundreds of thousands of visible stars which make tracking/referencing very easy

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey guys.. im a first time poster but iv been reading ATS for almost a year now!

Anyway seeing as im new i cant start a thread and im busting to ask people about what i saw a few nights ago and also around two years ago! Can someone start a 2009 october ufo sightings thread.. or maybe i can tell you what i saw the other night on this thread

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

Caleb: It's my thread and I can understand your problem posting. So go ahead and tell us about what you saw.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks Skeptical Ed!

O.k Well il tell you what i saw the other night first...

It wasnt the first time i have seen something like this but previously i have dismissed it.

I live smack bang in melbourne CBD so there is a lot of light pollution.. yet not many aircraft fly over the city centre where i live.

Now it was around 2.00 in the morning when i was looking out my window for some reason and saw a shapecoming from the far right of my window. I could make out the shape as a cross shape object that seemed to be travelling at a constant speed at a fairly high altitude. There were no lights on it and im sure had it not been for the lights from the city illuminating the sky i would not have seen it. It travelled out of view in around thirty seconds.

The weird thing was i thought it could be a sattelite or a plane....

However two problems... first

Can you see the shape of a sattelite from earth.. i thought you could only see its light from outer space... and two.. i dont think it was a plane because it looked like it was tumbling through the night sky!

it was going end over end

maybe it was a trick of my eye but i watched it for a good 30 seconds trying to make it out.. it also made no sound.. i had my window open and couldnt hear it...

So any ideas?? My other sighting is much better then this one but it rekindled my interest as this one may be easily explained!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

Unless someone reading this thread had the same sighting it might be difficult for you to get an acceptable explanation. It must be frustrating to have such an experience and be the only one to witness it.

But don't fret. Check this out. Back on March 27, 2000 rense.com published an article I wrote for them titled: "STS-63 Anomalies" www.rense.com...

Here is a paragraph from that article: "...a dark rectangular shape enters from the right, is seen against the Earth, and just before it disappears at the top center of the TV screen, it seems to start to make an end-over-end maneuver. No comments are heard from anyone about this anomaly."

My anomaly was not cross-shaped but it did tumble as you described. They could be related!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Wow that pretty well described what i saw... i just looked out my window to remember where is saw it and it was very high in the sky... also when i say cross shaped i mean it looked like it may have had a long body and a short peice off the side towards the middle.. either on one side or both i cant really recall.. all i remember is thinking that it was way too easy to make out the shape to be a sattellite.

I will also tell you about my other ufo sighting which i cannot explain.. maybe you can also shed some light on it!

I was at the time living in a town called Renmark in South Australia... we lived on a cliff around 50-65 metres above sea level and the verandah faced out towards the skyline. It is a town in the middle of nowhere and therefore ZERO light pollution!

At around 7.40 Daylight saving time as the sun was starting to set.. around dusk but with alot of light... i saw what i immediately thought was a flare shot off from the bush.

It caught my eye and seemed to appear from thin air..

It was Bright BRIGHT LED Colour Green Light.... which made ZERO sound!!!!

I saw it coming from the right and appeared at our eye level at 60 metres or so.

It slowed down as it came in front of us and then accelerated exponentially away from us too our left until it dematerialised!

I was so shocked and so was my dad... we had neither had anything to drink or smoke!

My dad was so shaken up that he called the airforce and mad a ufo report.. may i add he was usually sceptical!

The other observations i made where that i think it was the size of a car and only a few hundred metres away! My dad however thought it was alot further away then me!

He is a builder so maybe his depth perception is better then mine!

Another thing is that it only lasted around 5 seconds at the most! it appeared out of nowhere... slowed down and then accelerated till it dissapeared!

Freaky!!!

my opinions about things have changed since that day and i still just cant understand what it was!

Alien?
Spirit?
Military?
Swamp Gas? lol
or St Elmos fire something like that!

I do know that the surrounding area and alot of S.Australia ufo spottings are light based and not disk shaped! so any ideas or similar sightings..

Thanks for the help guys!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Correct, well it WAS, it comes and goes, right now nothing and has been for a few months. But before when I thought it was gone it come back.

It is a long story but it started with waking up 3 days in a row and I would wake up staring at the clock and it was 3:33 (am). And after that it was everywhere clocks, timers (cd player), GPA, grades, locker combos, bank account!!! like things I have 0 control over.

I dont know if it has something to do with aliens but if my theory were true then maybe it would make sense..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I have also experienced this yet everything ends in an 18

so i look at a clock and it will commonly say 7:18 in the morning then when i check later on in the day its always 10:18 or 3:18!

like im drawn to that number... or maybe we see it twice in a row and then from then on only pay attention to that number becuase one time we saw it twice in a row!

it is pretty freaky though!

isnt the movie number 23 about that?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I gotta tell you, I'm a skeptic and an atheist. But there are certain experiences that just have to make you wonder about our "reality"! I've enjoyed my 6 UFO sightings (including videotaping one) because the objects were always at a distance. But if my "space" were to be "invaded" I might just move to a metropolitan area where I can get lost amongst the other citizens.

There is a documentary dealing with "ghosts" most of which was not that impressive. But the night footage shot outside a cabin can scare the feces out of me if I was there to actually witness what is shown. Sounds like your experiences except they're white formless objects floating through the woods and they're not the result of CGI, they were caught by security cameras.

When you had your experiences, did you feel anything physically? Did your mind register anything outside of yourself? You know, mind-to-mind communication.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow, it is awesome to see this thread. Just a few weeks ago I had an experience with "moving stars". Two nights in a row while I was outside smoking I noticed what seemed to be a star moving across the sky slowly in a straight line. They started out pretty bright, but then faded slowly until they were gone. I assumed that they were some sort of meteorite, satellite, or something but then when I saw this post I thought I would share it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

No its weird that i didnt have any mind to mind communication... to be honest i never discussed with my dad if he experienced a mind to mind thing.. maybe thats why he was weirded out by it? i do remember feeling very calm though while i watched it... thinking about it i put it down to being an angel or demon as although they are invisible they must leave behind energy if they travel around.. i actually believe in god but not in an afterlife!

now i think it was probably technological..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have seen similar things myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Last night here was a very crystal clear night, my partner and i went out to the back garden to get laundry in not long after dark..as usual, we stood for a little while watching the stars and talking when he pointed out that one of the stars was moving in a swirling pattern, as we watched the one, 4 more started moving as well, zig zagging, spiraling, vanishing and re appearing, lights changing colour..while watching them we became aware of something we couldnt quite see except from the corner of our vision, light trails of movement criss crossed all over the place..the most activity in one place at one time we have seen to date.. we have seen similar a number of months ago with only 2 stars' breaking into 'dance' so to say.. a regular passenger plane was in the sky last night when watching the show, so it was very evident that what we were seeing was not a common aircraft, the movement and speed also indicated this. Just thought i would share
now i am just waiting for them to land and come introduce themselve!! lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
To be honest I wouldn't believe this whole "UFOs Disguising As Stars" theory until I saw it for myself. It was on the 4th of July while I was up at me families place in Maine setting off fire works. Me, my uncle (who was a total skeptic) and my uncles friend. It moved extremely slow and just stop right over our heads. It sat there until I got tiered of waiting for it to move again, and by the time I looked back, which was after all our fireworks were set off it was gone. If it was alien, it was almost like they were watching all the fireworks being set off in the area. Pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually I saw something similar a few months back and it was the reason I stumbled upon ATS.

One night I was walking across my front lawn coming back in from taking the garbage cans to the road, and I noticed in my peripheral vision what I thought was a shooting star coming from my left side very high in the sky. Right after I looked at it directly it stopped dead still and kind of "floated" very slowly to the right for several seconds. Then all of a sudden it shot off at a 90 degree angle from the direction it arrived, flying out behind me over my right shoulder and over the treeline out of sight.

Whatever it was, was just a point of light, very high in the sky, no blinking lights or noise. When it was coming in and leaving it was literally moving *exactly* like a shooting star, very fast and if it hadn't have made the abrupt stop and "float" and direction change I would never have though it was anything other than a shooting star.

I don't know what it was really, I mean it could have been a meteor or something and a trick of the atmosphere caused the speed and direction changes, but I have to admit that it really shook me up. Hehe, I didn't even tell my wife about it because I just knew she'd raz me about it for days, so I took to the internet! This was the first place I found that had decent info on the subject and it was all downhill from there

Don't know if there really are aliens or anything extraordinary like that, but that's the story of my "sighting"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jokerzwild

Great description! This is also like what I have been seeing.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I think people may have their sacred numbers. I know that the numbers 9 and 3 were sacred to the Norsemen. 3:33 adds to 9, your 18 adds to 9... I mean in different ways but 9 is a very important number. In some places they say 9 is the number for infinite because no matter what you multiply by it always goes to a number that add to 9 (ie 9x6=54, 5+ 4 = 9)

I thought it was the coincidence too. But that was just trying to explain to keep sanity. When I woke up first night staring at 3:33 I thought ah # you I need sleep. 2nd night I thought oh I must be getting use to waking up at this time. But 3 nights in a row, not one minute off... that is different.

Plus like I said on seeing it everywhere... I dont have control of. Like bank accounts and designated locker combos and serial numbers and even stranger thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join