It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Disguising As Stars!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I had a similar sighting with my friend we saw two parallel "stars".
Then 1-2 seconds after we saw them they started to move to the right,
steadily accelerating. Then they vanished on the horizon and strange
enough they appeared from the left and stopped ant the same spot they
began to move. It was like they made a circle around the planet or around something.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

On the 12th of september this year, i found it hard to get to sleep and decided to go out on the balcony and watch the sky for a little while, this was around 02:20 GMT+1 as i was looking up (02:28 GMT+1 checked watch right after the "event") i saw a formation of six stars (in 2 "triangles" i.e. one smaller triangle in a bigger triangle) suddenly turn slightly, about 4 or 5 degree's counterclockwise , fly away in the direction (west) of the city on a lightly upward curved flightpath and disappear. As i stood not sure what to do or feel, a brighter orange light cam flying by, again on a slightly upward curved flightpath and disapear in exactly the same place as the formation of stars.

I havoe no idea of the altitude of either the stars or the orange light, except that the orange light certainly came "through" the earths atmosfere and from a lower altitude as the "stars".

I am (or was, or remain, still debating that point with myself at this time) a skeptic, yet i am 100% certain of what i saw that night.

With apologies for my english grammer, it has been a long time since i had to use it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

Well so you don't feel left out this time, I'm going to comment on your post.
Don't need anyone of our ATS members feeling ignored
I've never seen
anything like what is described in this thread. I have had four sightings
each of different sorts. One of them documented Sun. Jan 2 2000 So.calif.
9:30pm. awesome sighting. The latest showed up in a picture I took in the backyard.

[img-200][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5ed604b5573.jpg[/atsimg][-200/img]
It was complete with references but the wife croped to send it to a friend e-mail.Some how she losed the original somewhere in the puda.
blow it up or zoom in.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by randyvs]

link   

Good post.... i was going start a similar one on 'shooting stars' and whether or not what we actually see are UFO's in the night sky not 'shooting stars' or maybe sometimes they are shooting stars and other times ufo's.... it's very possible.

As to your dilema i'd have to say that i havn't seen stars moving to form patterns..... possible again..... i'll be looking out tonight if it's a clear sky.

link   
Yes. I have had many experiences with the ''stars'' moving across the sky than turning into a ''fixed'' star. Well maybe not stars,but you know what i mean. The first time this happened to me,was a few years back,while i was sitting in my back yard at a camp fire,except it happened in reverse the first time. I noticed while i was sitting there,there was a bright star in the sky that was there for over an hour,and just when i was about to get up and go in the house,the "star" just left like it was watching me the whole time. I have seen this many times since then,with my kids,usually they are moving across the sky and sometimes when you shine a light on them,they "fix" themselves like a star and stay in that position. I have been observing UFO'S for years now and they have made their presents know to me this year. Up close they just look like glowing orbs of light,and there colors usually range from bright white,yellow,red and orange. I feel privileged that they seem to be interested in me for some reason,they seem to be curious.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey guys, just wanted to lett you know that i have personally seen a couple of stars move just like that, and it has happened 4 times within 3 weeks. I have allso seen a grey orb move across the sky quite low, without any sound, allmost seemed like it was trying to be all steathy and #, but it didn´t match the background of the sky, it was to it´s defence really really dark, and it was FAST. This happened in Denmark.

And by the way, thanks to everyone for being open about everything that is not accepted. Love from Denmark.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

If you live in Fresno (which I'm guessing based on your location under your avatar), then probably most of what you're seeing is coming from Lemoore Naval Air Station to your south.

People tend to see a lot more UFO's when they are near a military base. Some would argue that aliens keep watch on military bases, while others contest that the UFO's are military craft themselves. I can't answer that question, but I'll still be watching the skies nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm trippin on your avatar. It reminds me alot of what I saw thst Sun night in 2000. Weird.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I have been seeing this pretty frequently over the past couple of months. I live in Sarasota Florida and am wondering if anyone else in town has seen the same thing.

On 6 different occasions since the end of May I have witnessed bright lights...starlike. Some at first remain stationary and then move through the sky in a irregular pattern. Some have done this and then shot off leaving a trail and disappearing. My wife has witnessed some of these with me. Satellites these are not...airplanes no way...shooting stars don't change direction...not sure what I am seeing but it is very similar to what is being posted on this thread. I tried calling the newspaper and the sheriff's office to see if anyone else has reported the same thing...but no luck on that. I can't be only one that has seen these things....

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandermast
I have talked of my sighting on previous threads but no one has ever commented about it, maybe this time someone will take notice of it?

It was about 2 1/2 years ago when I still smoked, I went outside to my front lawn to have a smoke around 11:30pm...I looked up to look at the stars as I always do whether I am smoking or not...I saw what I thought was a very bright star that was out of place...I kept looking at this "star" for about 15 seconds more before it just took off so fast that it reached the horizon in about 1 second or less...I couldn't believe what I had just seen...I stood there with a chill running up my spine and was oddly happy to have seen it.

I don't believe this could have been man made considering the speed at which it streaked off, unless man has secretly come up with a way to overcome the effects of enertia.

This is freaking the exact same thing I have seen on multiple occasions...crazy!!! You notice something out of place or slightly off and then it starts moving and shoots off!!! Almost word for word what I have seen!!! Funny how smoking gets you outside and I wouldn't have seen these things if wasn't for that damn tobacco...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I experienced a similar event in my early teens. I was in the back seat of our family car on our way home. We live in the country so we could see even the fainter stars. I was watching a 'star' moving in the same direction as we were traveling. I assumed it was a plane, although it did not have any blinking, colored or alternating lights. I watched it for at least 5 miles, until we arrived home. When I got out of the car, it seemed to stop overheard. Then it and a star next to it began traveling 90 degrees from its previous direction of travel. After a much shorter trip, it stopped again, but started moving in a new direction, this time, with another star which it had stopped next too. The three stars formed a triangle at this point.

I don't know what it was, but it was nice. Pretty cool to see at the time. It was a typical quiet night, and I did not hear any sounds such as airplane or helicopter sounds.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
2nd section of this post on ATSwas my similar sighting to OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have witnessed something on these lines myself. I was on holiday in Cornwall UK about a month or so ago, playing about with my dads camera in the back garden, trying to get some good stills of the stars, (which we still need practice on by the way). We had finished up about 11pm, and were putting everything away when I noticed this bright light in the sky towards the south horizon, no different to the north star. After about 10 seconds of looking at it, it started to move north towards us. Whatever it was moved too slowly to resemble a shooting star for sure. I can't rule out the idea of this being a satelite, however after about 30 seconds of movement the "star" disappeared right above us. There was no sound present. We were both left baffled. I can only describe it accuratly as a very slow moving shooting star. Hope this is of some valuable input.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by tallpaul1984]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi, I see these UFO's all the time in Toronto and I took the time to film them and made a thread.

My video is here :
www.youtube.com...

Make sure to watch in HQ full screen and look at parts 6:20 and 7:25 mins because there is were you see the UFO moving.

My full thread is here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
please star & flag for effort

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

Oh no! This was several years later. My girlfriend and I were driving home one night down a road in large wooded area. We stopped at a crossroad and looked to the left. We thought it was a train, because it had windows like a passenger car and was about the size of rail car. There were plenty of crazy lights and what seemed to be steam, smoke or something. Then we realized there were no train tracks there. This was in a clearing in a field next to the road. As soon as we realized what we were looking at, we freaked out and took off because it was so close. We drove by there the next day just to make sure we weren’t crazy and there was nothing in the field, no tracks or tire marks. It was definitley a close encounter. Later on I got more into questioning the sightings I have seen through my life and realized that what we saw in the field were the cigar shaped UFOs people see. It's really amazing to think that I was that close to one. This was back in the late 80's in east Texas. I can provide the actual location if anyone is interested. And just a footnote, that girlfriend ended up dying from cancer last year. Not sure if it's related. I wish we had camera phones like we do now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMadHatter
Never really witnessed anything like this before myself but a while back I made a GIF of a "moving star" based on someone elses report. It should give people who haven't seen it an idea of what it looks like.

Thats crazy, because as a kid my brothers and I would watch the sky and swear we saw the exact same thing. Back then I just figured our eyes were playing tricks on us. Which is still the most likely suggestion, but its interesting tat others have seen the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have always thought this was plausible, where better to hide than in plain site.
Another theory i have also thought about is hiding behind clouds that they have created themselves, because often with ufo sighting is seen a green mist. This has also been documented in the philidelphia project

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I saw this exact same thing last night!

Good one OP, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this, thought I was going mad for a second...

But this thing started out as being 'just a star' in a constellation above Jupiter, then suddenly started moving in a slow curve through the sky, then dashed erratically down behind some houses..

My brother saw the last bit and freaked out a little (must have been his first UFO!)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chinditz

I'm a skeptic, natch, as everyone on ATS has pilloried me for. But that did not enter into the equation when I saw the "stars." One is just "neutral" when experiencing somthing like that because there is no reference for it. It's just a mind-blowing experience that has no known explanation.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Good post.... i was going start a similar one on 'shooting stars' and whether or not what we actually see are UFO's in the night sky not 'shooting stars' or maybe sometimes they are shooting stars and other times ufo's.... it's very possible.

As to your dilema i'd have to say that i havn't seen stars moving to form patterns..... possible again..... i'll be looking out tonight if it's a clear sky.

Well, to "qualify" what you see has to start out with you looking at the sky and noticing stars. They cannot be moving when you first see them or it. It's seeing what you thought was a star suddenly haul off at a trememdous speed. It has nothing to do with humans but what it is or what/who is behind it that's the mystery. It's a great mystery!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join