It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Disguising As Stars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Another thread was started discussing UFOs disguised as airplanes. My experience deals with UFOs disguised as stars.

It happened in the early 1980s when I was living in the Great San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles proper. Our 2-story apartment building had an outdoor pool which was lit at night but the deck was dark. We had chaise lounges and chairs all around the pool. One night I went down to the pool and reclined on a chaise lounge. I had my 7-15X zoom binoculars and I started scanning the sky when I noticed 3 bright stars in a vertical row, widely spaced. But there were other such rows although at greater distances and so I started to look away.

The moment I started to move my head I saw the top "star" haul off towards the south. A second or two later the middle "star" took off in the same direction. Then the third "star." I went upstairs right away and told my wife and eventually told some of my neighbors. Life went on and I eventually relegated the event to a back burner. I didn't return to the pool on the following nights as I was working at the Burbank NBC studios at night. I didn't hear of similar sightings until the '90s on emerging UFO forums such as PARANET and others.

Have you had a similar experience?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Another thread was started discussing UFOs disguised as airplanes. My experience deals with UFOs disguised as stars.

It happened in the early 1980s when I was living in the Great San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles proper. Our 2-story apartment building had an outdoor pool which was lit at night but the deck was dark. We had chaise lounges and chairs all around the pool. One night I went down to the pool and reclined on a chaise lounge. I had my 7-15X zoom binoculars and I started scanning the sky when I noticed 3 bright stars in a vertical row, widely spaced. But there were other such rows although at greater distances and so I started to look away.

The moment I started to move my head I saw the top "star" haul off towards the south. A second or two later the middle "star" took off in the same direction. Then the third "star." I went upstairs right away and told my wife and eventually told some of my neighbors. Life went on and I eventually relegated the event to a back burner. I didn't return to the pool on the following nights as I was working at the Burbank NBC studios at night. I didn't hear of similar sightings until the '90s on emerging UFO forums such as PARANET and others.

Have you had a similar experience?

Yes!!!!!!

Hello Ed. I would like to thank you for starting this thread. It has a lot of personal relevance to me. I have witnessed the constellations rearrange themselves on several occasions. At least three times in as many years. I would be looking at The Big Dipper or The Pleiadies or Orion or some such when quite unassumingly Orion's belt "detaches" and moves on toward the horizon. Of course the original stars are still there but I wouldn't have even noticed until they moved!

Government doing weird tests with satellites? The gang on the ISS bored stiff and pulling pranks with their keychain MagLites?

I'm stumped. But in this regard, I'm almost certain that somebody planet bound knows the answer to this one. Maybe.......

Cheers and S+F'd

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well I am not a believer
but a few months ago I was at my place to relax, highest point in the area, on an roof, and I happen to see a star that just caught my eye, not moving but then when it did I noticed! So I tried to get video but it was too dark and when I closed my phone it said 3:33 (a number of significance to me)

I dont know what it was it was brighter than a star but I am the last to conclude aliens. If it was a flying craft it can easily be human by electro-magnetic power. Thus would explain the brightness

Electricity coursing through the conductors and such will have the appearance that we saw... and also explains why they are said to change colour! Nikola-Tesla and Nazi type technology

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ATS LINK

This thread started a while ago by justjoemusic has many personal member accounts and eye witness reports. some by myself and the wifey. Theres a couple good videos and is all in all pretty informative and a good read.

We still see them, regulary. Actually we've seen a lot more than usual and I've even called the FAA towers at Yosemite International on several occasions. Their response was enthused becasue they don't get many public phone calls directly to the tower but they politely and some what comicly denied knowing what the objects were.

Bottom line is they aren't satalites, and they aren't any regular kind of air plane. We see them so often it makes me laugh when people tell me i'm seeing things. I've had the whole family over, about 25-30 people in my back yard all saying 'what the hell are those things... never seen sumthin like that, did you see it?'

Don't believe me? I don't own a camera that is capable of getting a decent video of them but if any one does head my way. The best previous sightings to relate them to are being very similar to the G Ranch objects. Ther was one other video of a 747 taking off.. or landing ( cant remember) at O Hare and there was a bronzish colored sphere following that looked damn close. The difference was that video had been shot during the day. I'll see if i can dig it up tonight.

Any who, My next purchase (who knows when this will be) regarding video equipment is a pair of NV's. No two ways about it people see crazy things in the sky with good NV's and i want in on that action.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have witnessed something similar to this.

It was about a year ago and my dog woke me up wanting to answer the call of nature at around 3am. As I was standing in my back garden waiting for her to finish I looked up and saw two very bright stars in the sky where they shouldn't have been; they were close together between the region of Vega and Altair but significantly brighter than either and indeed probably brighter than Sirius. I stood puzzled looking at them for a moment before taking my eyes off them for just a moment to call for my dog to come in, however when I looked back up the two "stars" had been replaced by four dimmer "stars" which appeared to circle around each other in a whirlpool motion and become progressively dimmer until I could not view them anymore over the space of a few seconds.

I never did figure out what they were.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I envy you guys and gals that live away from metropolitan areas as you get to enjoy the night sky and all of its stationary and moving objects.

I live in Manhattan, surrounded by "skyscrapers" and bright lights. I'm retired so I rarely go out at night and since my apartment building converted to a co-op the door to the roof is locked and alarmed. I spent many happy nights up there sitting for hours and looking through my telescope. I didn't see any moving stars.

I can't get my wife to get away from the city to visit her brother who lives upstate and has the whole sky to enjoy. I'm envious. I love living in the city but I secretly live in the country, looking up at night.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Intresting 3:33 has significance for you. I assume you see it on time clocks, addresses, receipts etc like the 11:11 thing?
I see 4:44 alot as well.

I might add that 3:33 is displayed in the new movie coming out about abductions called "The Fourth Kind" www.thefourthkind.net...

Somewhere you will see a digital clock that says displays 3:33.

As far as UFOs disgusing as stars...it would be an excellent way to cloak by blending in with surrounding stars.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Never really witnessed anything like this before myself but a while back I made a GIF of a "moving star" based on someone elses report. It should give people who haven't seen it an idea of what it looks like.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by TheMadHatter]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
reply to post by Ridhya

Intresting 3:33 has significance for you. I assume you see it on time clocks, addresses, receipts etc like the 11:11 thing?

I might add that 3:33 is displayed in the new movie coming out about abductions called "The Fourth Kind" www.thefourthkind.net...

As far as UFOs disgusing as stars...it would be an excellent way to cloak by blending in with surrounding stars.

I know it's a subconscious effect but I'm more aware of 3:18 than any other time. I go to bed and as I'm about to lay down I glance at the clock and it's usually 3:18 even though I don't make a conscious effort, first having to do certain things around the apartment before hitting the sack.

I was born on March 18th!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by superluminal11
reply to post by Ridhya

I know it's a subconscious effect but I'm more aware of 3:18 than any other time. I go to bed and as I'm about to lay down I glance at the clock and it's usually 3:18 even though I don't make a conscious effort, first having to do certain things around the apartment before hitting the sack.

I was born on March 18th!

Oh cool...My mom was born on the 18th. I was born on the 14th. Yeah I see those synchronicity numbers (11:11 and 4:44) everywhere. Maybe its a DnA spiritual thing as well.

Always good to meet another fellow Picean...Have a great week Ridyah

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMadHatter
Never really witnessed anything like this before myself but a while back I made a GIF of a "moving star" based on someone elses report. It should give people who haven't seen it an idea of what it looks like.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by TheMadHatter]

That's a nice GIF but my observation was more of seeing what I thought were stars, just "sitting" there are as stars are wont to do. But in a split second hauling off doing thousands of miles an hour! No human could have withstood the resulting high g-forces. I saw the hauling stars with my naked eyes so I was able to follow the first one's trajectory and still have the other 2 in my wide field of vision. If I had left my binoculars on my eyes, I would have only seen the top star move a short distance because by the time I would have removed the binoculars and try to find it the hauling star would have been gone. It was only natural to look at the other 2 stars which I didn't know were also going to haul off. What I had just seen was unbelievable! A once in a lifetime event.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
hey im new here seeing alot on this subject... but would like to state that someone should REALLY make a new topic here for OCTOBER UFO sightings and let everyone post the sightings in that post because there is a whole lot of sightings going on this month everywhere ive found alot of new ones up but cant make a new topic because im new here

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Back in the early 80's, I witnessed a group of what looked like regular stars, joining a center start and detaching over and over again. I think there were about 5 or so of them. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. They just looked like blue little lights like stars. But they kept joining the center star and then moving away from it.

I have no idea what it represented or what it was.

At that time I was living in North York (Toronto)

[edit on 12-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lantern/Probe fleet over Marist College, New York, -USA

www.youtube.com...

Can someone make a October UFO sightings thread? I have got a lot not in the forums yet

[edit on 12-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yes, I had something very similar. This is one of the 4 -5 UFO encounters I have had through my life. I was laying on a trampoline with my friend looking up at the stars. All of the sudden, one of the stars started to get really bright. Kind of like it was pulsing energy. When it got it's brightest, it shot off at incredible speeds at about a hand width across the sky. It came to a dead stop and powered up it's engines or whatever and then took off into inifinity. My friend was there with me and saw the exact same thing I did, so I new wasn't seeing things. This was back in the ealry 80's. I've seen several others. Even one that was very close up and landed on the ground about 15 meters away from me. That was actually scary.... we just kept driving.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by my3911]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
Yes, I had something very similar. This is one of the 4 -5 UFO encounters I have had through my life. I was laying on a trampoline with my friend looking up at the stars. All of the sudden, one of the stars started to get really bright. Kind of like it was pulsing energy. When it got it's brightest, it shot off at incredible speeds at about a hand width across the sky. It came to a dead stop and powered up it's engines or whatever and then took off into inifinity. My friend was there with me and saw the exact same thing I did, so I new wasn't seeing things. This was back in the ealry 80's. I've seen several others. Even one that was very close up and landed on the ground about 15 meters away from me. That was actually scary.... we just kept driving.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by my3911]

Wait, did you just say that it landed 15 meters away from you onto the ground?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well as a matter of fact I saw something that could be related to this.

A couple of days ago, the day when NASA pulled that horrible stunt, it was like 7 am in here and the nasa broadcast was just over, my mom was outside. She knocked on my window and told me to come out fast.

I went there thinking she saw a UFO (she and a lot of ppl saw one like a month ago in her office) and she pointed at the sky and told me how it looked beautiful and awesome. It did looked great, but then I saw a big shiny star, at daylight, and it was the ONLY one that remained in the sky.

I went back inside to get my phone and took some pics, you can see it, I dont know if that's Venus, or the ISS, or a star, or a UFO, but it was very peculiar because there were no other stars anywhere in the sky except for that one, and it was shining a lot, like pulsating or something. I was looking to the East.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just recently interviewed a fellow, from the midwest USA.
His story made the front page of the local news print "population around 1000 ppl @ the time"
He had been givin a very classy brass/glass telescope as a boy. I think he said 50x
On return from boot camp in KS Fort Rielly? sp
He spent the evening with his mother on their porch,"real country folks-way out in the sticks" for drinks and dinner.
They had his now antique tele out looking @ the moon, a little time passed, went for more tea.
Came back out and both stood staring at the moon and talking about how perfect and beautifull it was, he "call him Billy" turned to set his drink down and noticed the tele was pointed almost 180 dgrees the other way..
They then realized that the "moon" they had just been admiring was not the real one!
Billy's best desciption was that it was not fully opaque, it was kinda translucent, and then it began to slowly move over the tree line.
His words "it was kinda like the pixely distrortion you see on the predator movie"
All this happened before digital media, I found the case by chance while digging through old micro-film in the local library/town hall basement.

This man is still alive and I do not wish to make him uncomfortable!
I have his full resume' and some of his military credentials are above and beyond respectfull!

This got me to looking for others and I truely believe that "IF" any real evidence is out there to be found it will not be one that is on the popularity charts, or that has been extensively covered.

To date I have found 3 cases that made very limited local news/mostly small articles in the local publishers print.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have talked of my sighting on previous threads but no one has ever commented about it, maybe this time someone will take notice of it?

It was about 2 1/2 years ago when I still smoked, I went outside to my front lawn to have a smoke around 11:30pm...I looked up to look at the stars as I always do whether I am smoking or not...I saw what I thought was a very bright star that was out of place...I kept looking at this "star" for about 15 seconds more before it just took off so fast that it reached the horizon in about 1 second or less...I couldn't believe what I had just seen...I stood there with a chill running up my spine and was oddly happy to have seen it.

I don't believe this could have been man made considering the speed at which it streaked off, unless man has secretly come up with a way to overcome the effects of enertia.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
...the 444 thing appeals to me too. My family laughs at me but for some reason I always feel a sense of comfort when I see the number. I notice stars that just shouildn't be stars too. I saw one as recently as early September and it was somewhat near that extremely bright object in the night sky that everyone insists is Jupiter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join