It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to talk about it. My experience in the Army.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It was a typo. It was supposed to say my friend Josh. Not my Josh. I have no duty to comfront the military about what they did. I feel sorry for those that do join. I also do my best to talk people out of joining. Im not some rich man. Im just a regular guy who works for Dish Network and has a Facebook. I just wanted to tell my story and get it out.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

Wow... it seemed like we used to get room shake-downs all the time. It was such a pain in the butt. They'd take apart your entire room, un-ball every pair of socks, remove all the ceiling tiles. Ugh...
I had a great time in the Army, but I don't miss that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I believe you- very very sad

What a regret to have to live with.

I know it's a generalisation but every guy I've ever met that has been in the army has been a weirdo- the army is the perfect place for nutjobs who have a preoccupation with violence- they are welcomed with open arms.

That's not a generalization; that's a plain outright insult. Gee, thanks a ton for calling me, my husband, and all our friends "weirdos" and "nutjobs". Maybe what's off kilter here is your perceptions, or maybe your honesty?

I wasn't talking about anyone here personally-

-sorry you took it that way- how could I be talking about you, your hubby, or all of your friends- I don't know you from Adam or your hubby or your friends

Some people look to be offended.

edit to add: you know what- you're right it wasn't a generalisation- it is a direct life experience- I used the word generalisation in the wrong sense as I was trying not to offend anyone- but meh, seems I shouldn't have bothered as someone chose to take offense anyway.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
it sux that happened to u. good luck getting folks outside of the openminded folks on ats to believe u. my advice from some one who has been down that road keep it here unless u want to be smeared by the right for just telling truth of what happened to u

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"Does nobody else see a problem with this story? Ok if it was true then what I dont get is he waits 8 years and the first people he wants to sit down and tell is an internet conspiracy site. ok whatever. Also lets just say it is true, than I feel he's just as much to blame for not taking the aprorpriate action and or going through the proper channels to do something about it. Its not like he was a rape victom, who I could understand why they may hide there abuse. Instead you claim you where locked up, druged, held against your will and just was like hey no big deal ill sit on it for 8 years instead of maybe doing something about it before someone else could posiably be hurt or abused worse. Please dont take this the worng way but, Im sorry but I just dont buy it."

I enlisted in the AirForce back in 2002. In the first 2 weeks of basic training in Lackland TX, I sustained a severe injury to my back, and ended up in "medical hold" for lack of a better term. (I slept in a dorm with other injured trainees, and still had to follow the normal routine...up at 5 am revelry, breakfast-lunch-dinner, classes, drills which I had to sit-out because I was injured, bedtime at 9 pm)

While I was there in basic, I witnessed several things many would not believe. One girl was partially paralyzed as a result of a botched shot--the trainee who administered her shot apparently pierced her sciatic nerve. The powers that be at Lackland refused to accept responsibility for crippling her...they denied her the right to speak to her parents or anyone off base, they attempted to label her as a "fraudulent enlistment", saying she had a pre-existing condition (paralysis?!) which was AGGRAVATED by having her sciatic nerve pierced!

Another trainee was put in indefinite medical hold (had been there 11 months) because he had some sort of reactive Arthritis which prevented sustained physical activity, and which the docs there could not figure out how to treat--he was not allowed to be discharged, nor was he allowed to finish Basic...he just had to stay put indefinitely until his condition could "resolve itself naturally" which it apparently had not done in 11 months.

There are a few other aberrent cases of military weirdness, but my purpose in posting is not to slander the entire US military or those men and women who put their lives on the line for us. I am posting to say that YES, weird doo-do does happen.

Is the OP a liar? I don't know. But I can tell you that there is injustice in the world, and sadly, there can be injustice in the Military as well.

To the OP, if your experience is true, you have my sympathy and I wish you the best in life with your family and faith.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

It is quite possible that the idea did not originate with the Captain, but was someone higher up wanting to experiment with a Christian. Our military has unlimited money and total unaccountability. The captain may have been merely following orders and supplying someone with a guinea pig.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

That was my first reaction as well. I'm still in the military myself and religion has always been respected and even needed at some point. Hell, I'm on the navy and underway every night our chaplain will give a prayer over the speakers just before bed time. If religion wasnt allowed then army or navy wouldn't have need of chaplains..?

It seems like religion was just an excuse.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Not likely this would be considered an unlawful order the base commander could have asked me to do this i would have refused and been on the horn with the pentagon brass so quickly and with this scenario so would my brigade commander.I know people are willing to think once the army gets you they can do whatever they want but there is checks in place to prevent abuses. This captain would have been risking court martial to do what harass some private because of his religious beliefs.

Do you know who holds the most power on any military base its the chaplain.If any problem cannot be handled through conventional channels talk to the chaplain they can move heaven and earth(pun intended).

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I say i like how youstood your ground. But i think your captian was only acting on the brain washing people in school go through because the goverment thinks if they get morales to a minumum by pushing evolution on everyone so dont blame your captan blame the people who brain washed him. oh and by the way im the king of the race witch are the ansestors of humans and soon we will bring peace to earth.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone for the comments. I realize some of you dont beleive me and thats ok. The more I think about it the more I do beleive religion was just an excuse to do what they did. Because I wasnt the religious type to begin with. And the fact that I contacted my senator and still nothing happened just showed me that I was powerless. Yes there are checks and balances in the military but for the most part the brass and ncos have all the power.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I doubt this had anything to do with your religion. Seems like you were used in some sort of drug trial, that religion stuff was used as a distraction and possible alibi if you ever took action.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join