It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to talk about it. My experience in the Army.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That is by far the strangest story I have ever heard about the Army. What I find completely crazy about this story is how a CPT. had the pull to do something like this. I could see him having a meeting in his office in the middle of the night (if in fact he was crazy). However, a CPT. having that much pull outside of the unit to do something like that, especially on the basis of you being a Christian? I just don't know if I can believe that.

I once had a CPT. that would start off his unit talks with, "God loves Bravo Battery". Basically what I am saying is that unless the CPT. was vary careful about who he was talking to outside of the unit, there is no way this could have happened. Are you telling me that nowhere along the line somebody thought that a chaplain should get involved? CPT's. don't have that much pull, however, chaplains have pull.

If you were anywhere near a mental hospital, that's way above a CPT's. level of pull, unless he had some serious connections.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

I'll tell you what. If you are willing to testify that your story is correct, I will send you to a lawyer that will take this case and make you a rich man indeed. If what you say is true, then it's a no brainer. Free money for you. Nobody could turn down an offer like that, unless..........

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
well, the captain was out of line for sure, however, things are never black and white, as the military would like to portray them. at that time, and in kosovo, there were alot of civilian problems and well as military problems still brewing from the ethnic and religous wars of that AO. because of the views held by some soldiers in the military, the captain might have had his *ss handed to him by higher ranks, in regards to the actions of a few of those soldiers. so...he took a hard line with you. i'm not saying that was the case, but captains are used as scapegoats for the decisions made by upper ranks, so i think you shouldn't take this personally. your injustice was probably more of a byproduct of time and location, more than anything else.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow. I can't say much except "Wow". That Capt. was out of control. But something makes me wonder... Why was the mental ward you were kept in going along with it? To me it sounds like the Capt. was instructed by another authority who was also in charge of the hospital. If a random officer were to do something like that, isolated, I think he would have a hard time. What I'm saying is I don't think your Capt. was alone.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I respect the military and all the men that give their lives to support our country and our over all values of life. I will say the millitary has done something to my friends that I didn't like when they came back. They're connection with over life seemed blurred and distorted, with flash backs of combat and a lot of alcohol abuse. Everyone is entitled to beleif and I believe there is a GOD, and it says in the BIBLE the devil will deceive! For those Christians out there please say a prayer for our troops and this soilder who endured may things that our savior had fought for to keep GODS name alive and people believing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This story is completely made-up. I was in the military and there are several levels of bureaucracy that would be in the way of this actually happening. Besides, there are major military hospitals that would have been used not German ones. Thanks Why post lies? And if you do post them at least make them more interesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Knowing how to answer in accordance with our faith in any given situation is a skill that comes with wisdom. The question you were asked did not have to be answered in the way that you answered. When asked an if then question it is appropriate to answer with a statement of faith that does not answer the question specifically or ask a question for clarification. Neither would be a denial of faith. Not that it would have changed what happened assuming that what you are saying is the truth. But perhaps it would have led to a different action on the part of the superior. To have answered that the God I serve would not request such an action of me knowing the position I am in would have been sufficient. The scripture says a soft answer turns away rage. Learn that your faith can be freely exercised and adhered to without denial of Christ by knowing how, and whom to answer. God knows your heart and intent better than anyone else.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why wasn't an IG complaint filed? EO complaint? If you were ignorant of the fact that you could file these complaints I can understand that. It's hard to know everything about the legal process in the Army. What was your RE code on your DD214 and Narrative Reason? I have never experienced anything like this in the Army and would love to see this CPT reprimanded if possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Good job, you managed to make the army and christians look crazy with your lies.

What was your roommates name?

I will look him up on AKO and ask if this really happened.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I once had a Sargent Major who threatened me 5 times that he was going to throw me out a window during a promotion board.

Of course, the reason for his anger was that I kept calling him Gunny. The board was composed of 6 gunnies and the Sargent Major.

Anyways, he apologized afterward, but I told him I deserved it.

As far as the op, I can see where a CPT could abuse his powers and a young person not being aware of who he/she could turn to.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Did you ever consider contacting JAG and seeking criminal charges for unlawful restraint? Under what orders were you sent to a mental facility? Were you ever charged with disobeying a direct order or insubordination? You have every right to know what you were injected with.

I don't care if this is military or not, the Captain's actions were criminal and he should be charged and restitution should be in order.

Sounds like a setup for you to be a guniea pig of some sort.

link   
Well, this CPT Schwartz does exist and he did serve as Company Commander for the 317th Maintenance Company of the 71st Corps Support Battalion, 3rd COSCOM.

You can find his info and pic here on page 117.

Handbook for Army Logistics Automation 2004

That being said, I don't believe what the OP stated. It almost sounds like he was renditioned. I don't believe that one CPT would be able to pull something like that off. I would think that another agency would need to be involved to coordinate everything between the hospitals and staff.

link   
I don't know how you boys do it.
I give you credit, I'm not well at taking orders.
I wouldn't last to long in the military.
If that situation were to happen to me, It wouldn't have gone to well.

Anyway, That is some messed up sh*t.
It's good to see you made it out intact.

I would of pissed in that guys coffee, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by poling2482
This is not a joke. Im 27 years old and just felt it was time to tell my story. The other poster was right about not being able to do anything. If your superior says something you have to do it. I couldnt beleive they did that to me. I even contacted my senator Jeff Sessions about it.

Well, it's obvious that they use religion to get you into the war.

But once you're helmet is strapped on and your boots are tied..

They only want you to have one master, Uncle Sam.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you and that you were discriminated against for your religion. No doubt even if you had been an athiest, you'd just have been scorned and belittled by the other soldiers around you.

There is sometimes no right answer.

Follow your heart and live for yourself, your death is yours, to cash in whenever and however you want.

Don't let them take that away from you.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
no joke, I would have killed him.

this man sent you away, basically to be tortured, and then expected you not to do anything about it because he's the captain.

in my own opinion, someone like that doesn't deserve to live, let alone have such a high rank. They could have injected you with drugs, poisons, experimental serums, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING. Even if they were just taking blood samples, they had no right.

sir, had I been in your position, that captain would have never lived to send his next victim away.

however, with all that I've said, I realize it's probably extremely illegal that I tell you to actually kill someone, anyone.

it just makes me mad.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridnapper

I am going to have to ask you to take your link down. Its a big army, I can assure you that there is more than one Schwartz who has held the position of captain. Aside form that, this document was written in 2004. The "CPT Schwartz" from 8 years ago (2001) certainly would have made major by 2004 with the connections he had to have had (if this story was true). Let's avoid a witch hunt.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hmm...

If God told me to strike a superior officer, I wouldnt strike the superior officer...cause God hates violence as the bible says, therefore its not God, just a magic jacktard.

however...

if some random nobody told me to strike a superior officer, I would...if said moron had a gun to me or someone else...then if the officer complained, I would tell him to suck it up and stop being a little girl.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
my wife is a captain in the army, and a doctor, and stationed in germany . . . and even she has a hard time getting ANYONE into a german hospital. period.

yet some company commander got you into THREE different german hospitals immediately . . . on account of your beliefs?

ummm, no. didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
First of all, welcome to ATS.
Glad you decided to share your story.

Although, I must say, it is a little hard to swallow.
I agree with dooper that your story is the most bizarre I have ever heard in regards to how screwed up and warped a Captain in the US Army is.

I mean, surely this dude has been kicked out of the service by now. Or at least I would hope he has been.

In regards to the leadership in the military, it was my experience that there were a lot of good leaders. But they were overshadowed by the bad leaders. The bad leaders tend to be SO bad that they simply ruin the morale of everyone around them. And it is probably meant to be that way, to an extent anyhow.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by JayinAR]

It's hard for me to swallow also, I was in the navy and I knew of both officers and NCO's that shouldn't be in there. But anyway word of this can and do get around, especially if the NCO was there. The NCO will talk about it to his NCO at the NCO club or offices, then somebody will start whispering to people at the main headquarters and you know where I'm going. One thing about the military is that yes you do have people who are reprehensible, but when it's found out they can get slammed also and get blackballed from having any command and/or get thrown out of the service. You see the NCO knew or had to known that this officer was cracked, and he and others know that you don't want a person like this to be in your command. Because today it was you that was sent to the hospital, tomorrow it could be the NCO.

It's in his best interest to get the word out about this guy and hope he gets moved or drummed out of the service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join