It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The preamble to the Bill of Rights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Many of you know about the preamble to the Constitution, but did you know that there is a preamble to the Bill of Rights? Most don't. Here's a link to it! I have always wondered why this isn't also taught or known by many! It is very informative!

The Preamble to the Bill of Rights!

Zindo
A friend of mine added this idea to the discussion so I include it here!

"This provides the proof of concept for Freemen that the Bill of Rights is a declaration of rights of Freemen and a Restriction of Authority on the government in plain American English.
That's why it isn't widely known or recognized.. they suppressed it for many years by omission."

[edit on 10/11/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just a point of observation/clarification. The Constitution including the Bill of Rights does not "grant" any powers to the individual. The individual already has those powers by natural law. The constitution is an contract between fictions. Those fictions are the for profit corporation known as "The United States Government" and the individual for profit corporate known as the individual states. The Bill of Rights is intended to strengthen the autonomy of the state and leave the individual living human alone. It's a common practice to think that our "Freedom" comes from the government. It doesn't it comes from natural law and we should always be aware of efforts of for profit corporations likes the feds, states, counties, cities to profiteer/prey unlawfully against the individual.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Good point! I see you've read 'The 5000 Year Leap'! That's exactly the point of our existence. The rights we have by man's law and the rights we have by natural law!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you think about it, our "freedom" is whatever the people with guns tells us we can do.

Just a case in point. The Fourth Amendment protects my freedom from unreasonable search and seizure. That's all well and good, but when armed men kick down my door and tell me to lie on the floor while they search my place for drugs (or weapons, or immigrants, whatever), my rights don't exist. I can make a "Constitutional" issue out of it and I'll likely be dead right. That is, I'll be right, and I'll also be dead. If not dead, then beaten and arrested.

If a cop stops me on the street and demands that I prove my citizenship, I have the legal right to refuse the demand. The stop was not reasonable. But if I refuse, he'll just arrest me and take me into the station, where he will have the right to check my identity. Again, my "rights" depend on what people with guns allow me to do.

If my rights are violated, and I somehow survive the experience, I can go to court and sue. If I do that, I might win. Then people with guns will tell other people with guns to cut it out, let folks exercise whatever right it was they violated. All well and good. Sometimes it works; other times it has no effect. Despite repeated lawsuits against the police in major cities, there are still people being pulled over for the crime of DWB. That's "Driving While Black".

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are remarkable documents. They are a great idea. But they are basically without much power. People with guns determine who can do what.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I have guns everywhere I go just to make sure my rights are not violated by anyone, the group you just mentioned and/or any other.

Back to OP, I have never heard of such a thing. I never learned that this preamble ever existed in any history class I've taken.

new topics

top topics

join