It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SollyCohen
Iran is a great danger to Israel. I pray these United States wipes Iran from the face of the map.

And I pray if anyone tries to wipe Iran off the face of the map, swift justice is served to the aggressors.

Israel is a peace loving nation of peace loving people driven to do horrible things to survive.

We are barely holding on and these Iranian brutes want our peace loving blood.

Judaism is a religion of peace - why wont the Muslims leave us alone?

Watch the videos I posted above if you really want to know the answer to that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by nenothtu

You say all I have is emotional tripe, but you must be emotionally callous to have watched any of the videos I posted and still think nothing wrong is going on.

Then again, I don't think you watched them. Did you?

Yes, I did. The report will take a bit longer, since it's 545 pages, but I watched the vids. That's how I saw that the bodies in the street in the first one were all wearing Palestinian uniforms, and how I knew they were Al-Jazeera videos.

Maybe I AM emotionally calloused. Could be. I don't think so, and the people closest to me don't think so, but it's still a possibility. I do, however, have the ability to subvert my emotions, and do an objective job, without too much excitement. That's why I get called out to do the jobs I do. Emotions will get you killed in an awful hurry in the thick of things. They subvert the ability to think rationally, just when you most need your wits.

There have been many, many times that I've kept a level head in the heart of an emergency, only to fall completely apart when out of the danger zone. I don't really know WHY I'm that way, I just am, and always have been. I'm told it's like watching two different people to see me in the thick of things, and then to see the wreckage I can become afterwards.

You'll note that I did NOT say that I didn't think anything wrong was going on in the videos. What I said was there was no evidence of a crime having been committed, war crime or otherwise. There's a world of difference there.

I strongly suspect that we stand on different sides of the fence vis-a-vis the potential culprits in any crimes that may have been committed, and I strongly suspect that difference is borne of differing experiences.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

This thread, and all others regarding Israel/Palestine, is direct evidence in support of the OP.

Supporters of Israel, traditional military ally to the US, can't seem to understand why so many people are speaking out against Israel.

Well, it is because you are too brainwashed to register what the words "war crimes" mean.

You might want to make this post a little more clear. And, Israel is perpetrating crimes against humanity by rounding up people by the thousands and throwing them into concentration camps. So, if you're calling us "brainwashed," you might want to do a little research for yourself.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SollyCohen
Iran is a great danger to Israel. I pray these United States wipes Iran from the face of the map.

Israel is a peace loving nation of peace loving people driven to do horrible things to survive.

We are barely holding on and these Iranian brutes want our peace loving blood.

Judaism is a religion of peace - why wont the Muslims leave us alone?

That was the most childish post that I have seen in quite awhile. So far, the Iranian people have done absolutely nothing to the Israeli people other than used charged rhetoric. And currently, the Israelis are perpetrating crimes of humanity against the Palestinian people, (young, old, rich poor). Not only are they killing thousands, they are rounding people up indiscriminately and putting them in concentration camps reminiscent of WW2.

If the Israelis are a peace loving people, then Hitler was a humanitarian that wanted nothing but the best for the world. And since we know that the last statement that I made was full of B.S., we can easily deduct that the first statement was equally as retarded.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
And, Israel is perpetrating crimes against humanity by rounding up people by the thousands and throwing them into concentration camps.

Say what?

Here's your second line -- I'm just wondering if you meant what you said, because that's the first I've heard of that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Maybe I AM emotionally calloused. Could be. I don't think so, and the people closest to me don't think so, but it's still a possibility.

Maybe a reasonable litmus test would be if those closest to you were killed by a bomb landing on their houses one night. If they die and you feel equally apathetic as you do towards the human beings in the videos I posted, or even if it suddenly hits you, you might have an answer.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And, Israel is perpetrating crimes against humanity by rounding up people by the thousands and throwing them into concentration camps.

Say what?

Here's your second line -- I'm just wondering if you meant what you said, because that's the first I've heard of that.

Yep...I knew it. The fact that you said that this is the first that you've heard of this speaks volumes about how informed that you are. This is not an insult, it just shows that the mainstream media does well in hiding, or simply not covering key issues.

Here's some pretty pictures of Israeli concentration camps and the wall as they jail Palestinians for the fun of it.
www.pbase.com...

Here is some video for you...
video.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=zaTcSuTgJp Gb8AaI2JC3BQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBcQqwQwAw#

And if you do your homework, finding this information should be quite easy to attain.

Iran is the least of the world's worries. Here the public is demonizing a guy (Ahmedinejad) who has caused absolutely no problems, while the people that others are defending (Israelis) are viciously killing thousands Nazi style.

I find that to be rather silly...don't you??? And, you might want to ask other members on this board. Whether they agree or disagree with me, the one thing that they will back up is the fact that Israel is killing women, children, and anything that resembles a Palestinian, whether for right or for wrong.

Here's some more info: Just so you know, usually I do not post information, but, since this is the first time you've heard of Israelis killing Palestinians, I figured I would give you as much information needed so that you can do your own investigations.

www.wrmea.com...
buchanan.org...
www.nytimes.com...
www.highbeam.com...
www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sorry bud, but education seems to trump experience in this country because most of the people who run it...ARE EDUCATED, and never served a day in the military.

Had to respond to this one as it demonstrates both arrogance and elitism.

And you are proud of how these people that are "EDUCATED and never served in the military" are running this country? In fact, to most they seem to be doing a "great" job of running it into the ground.

A little history lesson for you. Please contrast the people you seem to so admire and their results with the people of the 1950's who helped take this country to a preeminent position in the world and who almost all ended up serving in the military or at least the war effort in winning World War II.

And last, in my experience out in the job market, companies most often hire people with real world experience over someone with only an advanced degree. Why? Guess you'll have to just let life teach that one to you ...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Sorry bud, but education seems to trump experience in this country because most of the people who run it...ARE EDUCATED, and never served a day in the military.

Had to respond to this one as it demonstrates both arrogance and elitism.

And you are proud of how these people that are "EDUCATED and never served in the military" are running this country? In fact, to most they seem to be doing a "great" job of running it into the ground.

A little history lesson for you. Please contrast the people you seem to so admire and their results with the people of the 1950's who helped take this country to a preeminent position in the world and who almost all ended up serving in the military or at least the war effort in winning World War II.

And last, in my experience out in the job market, companies most often hire people with real world experience over someone with only an advanced degree. Why? Guess you'll have to just let life teach that one to you ...

Then you weren't reading my posts very carefully. I was arguing against the elitists in this country altogether. As a matter of fact, I was specifically stating that our biggest threat does not exist with Ahmedinejad, but, the very people who consistently make us fear such people. IE, our world leaders.

So, check all of the posts again, and then you'll see my point.

And I don't need a history lesson, I just need to you read entire posts before you decide that you're going to go on the attack.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Maybe I AM emotionally calloused. Could be. I don't think so, and the people closest to me don't think so, but it's still a possibility.

Maybe a reasonable litmus test would be if those closest to you were killed by a bomb landing on their houses one night. If they die and you feel equally apathetic as you do towards the human beings in the videos I posted, or even if it suddenly hits you, you might have an answer.

Well, when it hits me - not if, but when. I will be dead, and probably won't care much about it either way.

You are mistaken in your assumption that I haven't had loved ones killed in war. Not just comrades in arms, but civilians as well. One, in particular, was as close as it can get in this life, without formalities. A civilian, who was brutalized and then killed just for associating with ME. Now, if you want to know what remorse feels like, try that one on. I don't recommend it.

I'll not go into any more details here as to what happened, where, or what the fallout from it was. It was not a pretty thing. It was 30 years ago, and still haunts me.

My main point is - your assumption was mistaken, and I'm not as callous as I appear, but I WILL chill down when it's go-time. Emotion can never replace clear thinking, but it has it's place.

I have the rest of my life to be remorseful, when it's called for.

Edit: one thing to add - videos of dead bodies will NEVER compare to being there, seeing them SMELLING them (not just rot, but blood, and that peculiar smell from entrails in the "fresh" ones), having to dispose of them, with all the horror that entails. If I weren't "callous", I might not even be coherent.

Hence my less than visceral reaction to mere videos.

[edit on 2009/10/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
And might I add who are YOU working for?

That's on a need-to-know basis. Demonstrate your need to know, and I might tell you.

I don't have to demonstrate "a need-to-know" to you or anyone else.

Your the one coming across as *MR KNOW-IT-ALL* so I think its only fair if you would be kind enough to share some of your credentials.

Start the thread, send me a link. I'll be there.

I don't need to "imagine". I've done my homework on the subject, and am quite clear on it. As far as the "hundreds and/or thousands" goes, like I said above, start your thread, and I'll be there. No use spewing out useless, scary, BS here. You can't spook folks that know better with it. That bit is just to scare the masses into your way of thinking.

Not gonna work on me.

I am not trying to scare people!

My analogy was/is very simple. When you compare the destruction that the a-bombs caused in japan to the potential devastation of an h-bomb IT DOES LOOK ULTRA SCARY! Why are you so blatantly denying the obvious

It makes perfect sense to me! You need to take off your blinders because they are blocking your view. Whats the point of going to "war"(actually bombing people into submission) if you have nothing to gain as a result?

MY blinders? looks like yours have you blocked from seeing anything but dollar signs. If all your willing to fight for is money, you are a truly shallow individual indeed.

Don't bs me! America hasn't fought a defensive war for quite a while so they have to rely on false-flag terrorism just to keep the military-industrial complex alive. Its on life support!

The patriot act and homeland security is a bigger threat to the american people than iran/russia/china will ever be. The EU is a threat to europe and the UN is a direct threat to the entire globe.

These are the real enemies!!!

SOME of the real enemies, I agree. Not all of them by any means, and again, not the subject of this thread.

Just some? At least your willing to give me some credit instead of just calling me a "nut-job". Thats a good start but you definitely need to do more research.

If you harass a snake long enough it will eventually bite you. Just leave it alone and it will leave you alone as well. Why play with danger? It seems some people are just begging to get their ass kicked...not smart!

Snakes are pretty mindless, and don't think too far ahead. Are you implying that Iranians are mindless, and unable to think ahead or strategize? Or are you implying they are snakes? Where I come from, snakes don't last too long, especially the dangerous ones. They're not generally afforded the chance to bite anyone in the first place.

The iranian people voted for a semi-theocratic government with ahmadinejad and their wish should be respected regardless of what foreigners may think.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't have to demonstrate "a need-to-know" to you or anyone else.

Fair enough. Neither do I feel a pressing need to inform you. Take my opinions as those of a raving lunatic, or the very word of gods, I care nary a whit which way you take it. Consider them, or reject them out of hand without consideration. A hundred years from now, no one will care anyhow.

So you don't have a need to know, and I don't have a need FOR you to know.

Isn't it nice when we can find something to agree upon?

Start the thread, send me a link. I'll be there.

I don't need to "imagine". I've done my homework on the subject, and am quite clear on it. As far as the "hundreds and/or thousands" goes, like I said above, start your thread, and I'll be there. No use spewing out useless, scary, BS here. You can't spook folks that know better with it. That bit is just to scare the masses into your way of thinking.

Not gonna work on me.

I am not trying to scare people!

My analogy was/is very simple. When you compare the destruction that the a-bombs caused in japan to the potential devastation of an h-bomb IT DOES LOOK ULTRA SCARY! Why are you so blatantly denying the obvious

I'll wait on your "Nuclear devastation" thread to answer that definitively. I'll bring charts, diagrams, nomographs, the whole shebang. This still isn't a nuclear destruction thread. HINT: the key word there is "LOOK", as in "ultra scary". Not an objective assessment.

Don't bs me! America hasn't fought a defensive war for quite a while so they have to rely on false-flag terrorism just to keep the military-industrial complex alive. Its on life support!

That, kind sir, is a matter of opinion until backed up with cold, hard, verifiable facts. It will most likely ALWAYS be a matter of opinion, as some of us may detect enemies in the wire that others don't.

The patriot act and homeland security is a bigger threat to the american people than iran/russia/china will ever be. The EU is a threat to europe and the UN is a direct threat to the entire globe.

These are the real enemies!!!

SOME of the real enemies, I agree. Not all of them by any means, and again, not the subject of this thread.

Just some? At least your willing to give me some credit instead of just calling me a "nut-job". Thats a good start but you definitely need to do more research.

I submit that if you are limiting enemies to those you have enumerated, it is you who needs to expand his research a bit. No, you're not a "nut job", at least not yet, you simply haven't got the larger picture. You have a very focused tunnel-vision. Your view is limited, hence the need for expanded research.

The iranian people voted for a semi-theocratic government with ahmadinejad and their wish should be respected regardless of what foreigners may think.

That appears to be a matter of some debate among Iranians themselves. BY the same logic, the US voted for Georgie Bush Jr in 2000. Are you willing to concede that?

Also, I doubt much that the Iranian government is "semi-theocratic". I believe, as the ISLAMIC Republic of Iran, it is WHOLLY theocratic, and Ahmedinejad is really nothing more than a figurehead, a target for western ire.

[edit on 2009/10/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yep...I knew it. The fact that you said that this is the first that you've heard of this speaks volumes about how informed that you are. This is not an insult, it just shows that the mainstream media does well in hiding, or simply not covering key issues.

I think you may be confusing me with someone who supports what Israel's government has been doing.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think you may be confusing me with someone who supports what Israel's government has been doing.

Actually, you're right. I did confuse you with someone else and I apologize for that. I retraced the conversation from a page or so back and realized that my last post should have been to someone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The president of Iran seems to understand western culture well, I tend to agree with his belief.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join