It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Zionism has become a dirty word when in reality it is simply the reclaiming of the promissed land. People of jewish descent have been living there for next to 3 millenia and as such I think they have the right to live there, even if it means displacing a lot of palestinians.

I agree however that the holocaust card has been overplayed!

The American people are invaders in America - they displaced the indigenous people. Do you think it is fair and reasonable that a foreign powers - such as China and Russia for example - armed all the remaining Indian people - supported them with money, weapons, mercenaries and evicted Americans from the best of the land, and held them captive inside fenced off areas?

The Indian people can justifiably claim they have ancestral rights to the lands - but in effect - times have changed, and all those battles have already been done with.

The intervention of the allies, and their military and financial support after WWII was the power that created Israel in the middle of an already stable and populated area.

The analogy I give regarding the Indians being supported by the Chinese and Russians is a perfect fit - except for one thing, the Palestinians were ill prepared and armed to defend themselves or their lands from this egregious action.

Do you consider that such an action would be acceptable either to the western world, or to Americans?

People need to place themselves in the position of the Palestinians - and then consider whether or not it seems reasonable or justifiable.

Originally posted by Amagnon
Threatening to wipe a country off the map? No - again, incorrect. Remove the Zionist precepts and the fabricated state of Israel - yes - thats what it means. It is not a military threat, it is a statement of hope for a renewal of sanity and allowing the Palestinian people to freely return to their own lands - rather than be locked up in concentration camps as bad as any found in Nazi Germany.

Concentration camps? That is hardly accurate for many reasons which I shouldn't even have to explain. But yes it is still a tragedy because people should not have to live in tents and rely on foreign subsidies to exist. That is unacceptable!

Besides everyone blaming israel for their predicament what are they doing to help alleviate the problem? All I see is threats and bad mouthing from fellow arab nations when they could easily allow them in and properly care for them. Thats all they have to do to solve the problem but instead they prefer to use them as a propaganda weapon which is cruel in itself.

I think the concentration camp analogy is fitting.

Now you suggest that the Arab nations surrounding simply shut up and take the Palestinians as refugee's?

If you were an American in the above example - and had been locked into little compounds inside the US by Chinese and Russian troops supporting the indigenous Indians - would you accept that all Americans should accept refugee status in Mexico - leaving America permanently in the hands of foreigners who had thrown you out of your land and home?

I doubt you would be so willing.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The intervention of the allies, and their military and financial support after WWII was the power that created Israel in the middle of an already stable and populated area.

You're wrong on this I'm afraid. The allies did not create Israel, Jews created Israel and the allies left them to it.

Between the end of WWI when the League of Nations gave the job of governing the region to the British and 1948 when Israel was created, Jews already ran their own affairs and had their own instruments of government.

The partition of the land, and the resulting creation of Israel and Jordan was something that the international community put off for as long as possible because of objections from Arab tribal leaders like the Hashemites, who didn't want a Jewish state in what was considered Arab land (this was the time of Pan-Arab nationalism).

The effects of this were that Jewish refugees attempting to flee the horrors of Europe were turned back, often to their deaths, at the bequest of said Arab tribal leaders. It also meant frequent anti-Jewish riots in places like Hebron, resulting in many deaths on both sides, were ignored by the British occupation forces.

What WWII and the holocaust did was galvanise public opinion in Israel that it was essential for Jews to have their own independent state which they could defend, because before then they had relied on the British to defend them (ineffectively). Thus when the British Mandate expired they declared their own state with its own borders, the surrounding Arab countries rejected it and attacked it, and the conflict is still alive today.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

There is absolutely no evidence of Iran being involved in the creation of nuclear weapons - they have abided by all the requests for inspections, and revealed everything about their nuclear program.

So the IAEA report that is going to be released soon according to the UN doesn't have details of Iran not cooperating with inspectors, not allowing access to particular sites?! That's the UN's own documents for christ sake! In fact the American's have played down this report for now, whilst the French and British have accused the IAEA of withholding information about Iran's nuclear programme. Where's the big bad wolf - the USA right now in all of this?! Or does logic have to escape you every single time!

People may be quick to overly criticise Israel over Gaza, but remember both sides there are being criticised by the UN. The IAEA report also criticises and outlines Iran's nuclear programme.

"The urgency of dealing with the Iranian nuclear threat was underscored today when a leaked report revealed that the UN inspection agency believes the Islamic republic has "sufficient information" to make a nuclear weapon and has "probably tested" a key component."

Remember the IAEA's own previous reports stating Iran refusing entry with blanks left out in the report because of that.

Explain to me why Mr. El Baredei has given them 4 weeks since Obama's speech for entry into the newer enrichment facility, if Ahmadi who you admire so much (who is just a puppet anyway) has nothing to hide!? Why not sooner?!

A great deal of evidence indicates that western agents, especially Israeli and Uk agents, incited the 'protesting' against the election results. Footage of them protesting against Ahmdinijad is difficult to find - that is because it doesn't exist - except for small numbers of paid agents.

You make it sound like that would actually matter if you agree with the regime that journalists from the French embassies taking photos of the protestors are involved. What about the millions of Iranian's who aren't foreign? I suppose all of those I've met are MOSSAD spies!
Israel must have more spies than it's entire Jewish population!
When logic defies people like you, it's easy to take apart their comments.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The American people are invaders in America - they displaced the indigenous people. Do you think it is fair and reasonable that a foreign powers - such as China and Russia for example - armed all the remaining Indian people - supported them with money, weapons, mercenaries and evicted Americans from the best of the land, and held them captive inside fenced off areas?

You talk so much rubbish and off-topic as well. First of all if the Russian's had helped the American Indian's fight off the Irish, Spanish and English, then the world would be an entirely different place.

Do you actually understand why the majority of Iranian people don't want Ahmadi and the rest of the crooks to stay in power?

That is what you first need to understand, then you might actually have something worthwhile to say here. Because at the moment, you have a knack of saying a lot without really saying anything!

When you can't back up your fanciful views over Iran, you attack Israel instead.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Um, I think you forgot the forerunner of your above-mentioned conspiracy. If you think that those are the only countries involved in the large scale veil of reality that you just spoke of, then you've been reading the bible WAAAAAAAAAY too much and spending a little too much time in the "fear factory" to be thinking clearly.

Wow, none of you statements refutes the fact that the Iranian president is full of bs, and is only trying to trap the brainwashed "revolutionaries", and the likes, mostly those in the left to his cause.

BTW, I am not Christian, and I haven't read the bible in about 20 years.....

But typical response of someone who doesn't have a reasonable counter-argument...

I think you missed the point. Why should I have to refute YOUR statements? This isn't an argument silly little man, this is me putting the screws to the limited logic of people hopelessly stuck in their silly little worlds. You can save the see saw crap for the kiddies who will play that little game with you.

Here, let me illuminate that game a little better so you understand my disdain for its parameters. You post a little information that counteracts mine, and for a little while, you're thinking..."Yeah, I really owned him on this one. Let him sit and think about that for a bit." Then I look up some information and post it, and then I go..."What an idiot, I really showed that fool what knowledge truly is..." And then guess what, it goes on and on until one of our egos finally relents.

Like I said, I leave that crap for the kiddies like yourself. This isn't a court of law (lol) and I'm not required to offer you a counter argument so that you can run back to your little computer and feverishly type until you find something that you think will shut me up.

And if you want my opinion on the Iranian President...I'll reiterate what I've said all along, because you were so interested in responding against me that you obviously read over some key issues. Ahmadinejad is no different than any other politician. I put him in the same class as our group of clowns. And since all of our clowns are as full of B.S. as Ahmadinejad, then I think he's running just about par for the course. Oh, and lets talk about brainwashed revolutionaries, since you brought it up.

The religious right is about as violent, nutty, and BRAINWASHED as any suicide bomber that I've ever seen. But you know what??? There aren't any suicide bombers coming out of Iran, are there??? At least, nothing that we have proven with solid evidence. Oh, and lets talk about the fools who are running around claiming that Obama is the messiah (while of course, the religious right claims that he's the anti-christ...afterall, he could only be one or the other...RIGHT???)

You've got a big imagination my friend. I'm not worried about Ahmadinejad because he's not a threat to me. So while you look overseas for the boogeyman, my eyes are open to the real threat. Corporatism!!! And you know what? That doesn't even scare me. Tell you what, if it makes you feel better, You just keep jumping at every fabricated threat that America puts in front of you. By the time your 35 you should be paranoid, psychotic, and probably schizophrenic. I would have to say that American's plan for fear has been far more successful than any outside threat that I've personally ever seen. Just keep falling for it, you're a perfect candidate.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Wonder what the fate of Ahmadinejad will be?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/578d891dd938.jpg[/atsimg]

Ah now I wouldnt be so quick to take that bet, no sir not at all.
The assumed winning streak on this happening, I believe, has run out.
This new mess, this new sabre rattling, is going to NOT have the intended outcome so many predict.
That's just my opinion from my view point.
This one I'm willing to bet is going to blow up in everyones face and make quite a mess.
No matter what, they broadcast or put out there for spin .

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

In the end our media will do what our media always does - sensationalist, lazy journalism. In my experience any agenda behind the news coverage reflects the prejudices of the editors and journalists rather than the views of the Establishment or the audience.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Double post, please delete.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Funnily enough the British establishment tried to protect the indigenous North American Indians (and other flora/fauna) by enforcing the Demarkation Line against settlers. It was when we tried to tax the colonies to pay the Red Coats' wages that the settler elite decided they wanted independence

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Do you remember that ?
Color revolution fails in iran
by Thierry Meyssan*

Tehran’s « green revolution » is the latest version of the « color revolutions » which have allowed the United States to impose subservient governments in several countries without needing to use force. Thierry Meyssan, who advised two governments facing this type of crisis, analyses this method and the reasons for its failure in Iran.

BUT Do you know THAT :

Hillary Clinton admits the USA manipulated the Iranian "green revolution"

Hillary Clinton : Let me start with the first part about our reaction. There was another very important aspect. We did not want to get between the legitimate protests and demonstrations of the Iranian people and the leadership. And we knew that if we stepped in too soon, too hard, the attention might very well shift and the leadership would try to use us to unify the country against the protestors. That was a – it was a hard judgment call, but I think we, in retrospect, handled it pretty well. Now, behind the scenes, we were doing a lot. As you know, the young – one of our young people at the State Department got Twittered, “Keep going,” despite the fact that they had planned for a technical shutdown. So we were doing a lot to really empower the protestors without getting in the way. And we’re continuing to speak out and support the opposition.

Next time a common stupid guy open is mooth : tell them the truth and where to find it, no in tv , not on youtube, and twitter , and not on google news.

And ask them, But what will you do about this important news ?

Will you realize for those blind people and change, go away from the system, and all ideologies.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

Even if Clinton did say that and even if it's the slightest bit true, it doesn't change the Iranian people's anger towards their govt. for a long long time. The answers for that are in the minds of the protestors, many who visit abroad, and yes lots of youtube videos of the protests.

It's bad reasoning to use any involvement in any way to put the Iranian govt. in any better light. Yes it would make the US look bad, but it wouldn't make the Iranian govt. look any better.

Revolutions take months or years in these types of country's, not weeks. So it's a bit too early to call it a failed revolution. There's lots of demonstrations going on, and even some today.

Next time a common stupid guy open is mooth : tell them the truth and where to find it, no in tv , not on youtube, and twitter , and not on google news.

Yes let's all believe one news source of unknown reliability over the accounts from fairly reliable sources. Now that would be stupid!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Amagnon

Disinfo? for pointing out the hypocrisy of a man who funds and controls the news coming out of his country complaining that the news coming out of other countries is manipulated by those governments?

Notice, I never once said that the west wasn't doing any media manipulation, merely pointing out that ahmadinejad is the pot, calling the kettle black.

I do agree with what you're saying, when the revolution happened (1979) all private TV stations got owned by the Islamic government. Funny enough, my father was a film producer in Iran before the revolution. Once the new government take over, within weeks people like my father found themselves in a awkward place, where they had to do as they were told or they'll get fired.

Many left the TV organizations simply because their freedom of speech was completely banned, including my father. Which is probably the reason why I am a Canadian! (Woot for Canada). This being said, I still think %100 what Ahmadinejad said is true. Infact many things he said in his interview has always been dead on... (except the hollycast and no gay people in iran
)

What people don't realize is he's just a hand puppet with a little bit more freedom then Obama and Bush, etc... He can only try to point out so many things until the higher power shut him down.

Here's my thought, being Persian one thing makes a lot of sense to me... Ahmadinejad is not as bad as many think he is, sure all these religious bastards stole my country but when you understand the politics in Iran, you'll notice that even the Supreme leader and his people don't like Ahmadinejad for some reason, he's an outsider to these people. Which means what he's doing with US and what he says in his speeches are something that these religious bastards don't care for. As long as I know they're threatened by Ahmadinejad, the more it tells me he's doing something right! At least he's trying to do something right... there is a documentary (not done by the government and completely independent) playing at International Film Festival called "Letters to the President" I suggest people to watch this, shows a bit of truth what this man is all about.

Personally I want "Cyrus" the great back... now... he was a REAL leader the world could have learned from!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

John, the fact is do you want that your country to be conquered without a war ....

Do you know how many "colored revolution" us agencies have done ? I really don't think it is just for democracy, because do you REALLY know what happend after the election : all ressources are "given" to us company - and the global econony of the country , and its people doesn't rise !

What do you think ? We can make money and be jesus christ ?

Do you know that us government have been judge as a TERRORIST COUNTRY by the ONU because of that , for 20 years ? !

Do you know what really happen to the economy in mexico ?

ANd do you know what happened in 90 in russia ? 500 000 more dead per year said ONU because of the transition to the ULTRA Neoliberalism.

if you want the truth you can find it, but i don't if you can handle it ? I have some book for you if you want.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes I knew this for along time, MSM lies and counter lies.

It is good to see some many people who are awake to the world for what it really is. Peace with you bothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don’t know if we should hate him or love him, I always say to none sheep that whoever isn’t against the NWO is in the wrong and doesn’t care about know one but themselves. E.G. celebrities, politicians, rich powerful people, every one who has means to get to mass people and tell them the truth!

I use to think the President of Iran was the poor guy trying to keep his country afloat against the NWO plans and worldly agenda's, But lately I wasn’t sure, as I said before reason being if he wasn’t in on it why doesn’t he talk about it?

We as individuals have not got much sources or cant get information like countries’ Mahamoud can easily get information together to blow the whole NWO apart so can allot of countries if they work together, but its never mentioned anywhere, no president priminister’s of the world talk openly about the truth, if Mahamoud (President) wasn’t in omn the NWO why doesn’t he let out the truth to help save this evil taking over? why was he at the United nations witch he knows is run by the Illuminati because is there any point? they will control the media and only report what they want so why he bothers? If they want war they will get it, specially as people are too stupid to realise what’s really going on.

No one understands since 911 nothing has happened, then BS reasons were given to go to Afghanistan and NO Bin Laden found then they use the same excuses + a few extras to go to Iraq and now Iran!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I respect a leader who continuously identifies with un-propagated facts the "real criminals" on the worlds stage... Bravo to those that tell the truth!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Effective on me? I served many tours over there in that part of the world and ive talked to people from all walks of life, both from AROUND the region and FROM the region, FROM Iran.

I dont have to listen or watch anything to know what the truth is. Theres no spin here, this is first hand experience.

What YOU need to do is stop being so short sighted and understand that what happens over there DOES effect us here, and worldwide, and im not talking about oil.

You need to understand the region and understand how and WHY they fight, to understand whats going on. They dont need to be provoked, just being a non muslim, non extremist tolerating nation and people is enough, and that doesnt just go for Israel or the US, that goes for everyone.

I have a full view of the bigger picture here, not JUST whats going on in the US.

Do you?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WHAT IF ?

What if Amid. was in on it too? If you think about it, he does get a lot of air time himself. Someone's gotta play the bad guy, right?

The truth is, you never truly get to see the puppet master do you?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Effective on me? I served many tours over there in that part of the world and ive talked to people from all walks of life, both from AROUND the region and FROM the region, FROM Iran.

I dont have to listen or watch anything to know what the truth is. Theres no spin here, this is first hand experience.

What YOU need to do is stop being so short sighted and understand that what happens over there DOES effect us here, and worldwide, and im not talking about oil.

You need to understand the region and understand how and WHY they fight, to understand whats going on. They dont need to be provoked, just being a non muslim, non extremist tolerating nation and people is enough, and that doesnt just go for Israel or the US, that goes for everyone.

I have a full view of the bigger picture here, not JUST whats going on in the US.

Do you?

hmmm...short sighted, that's funny. And I guess because you've done your tours, that makes you acutely aware of what goes on behind closed doors with the politicians. That's good stuff. If the soldiers were all aware of what the politicians were doing, we wouldn't have a standing army. Sorry to burst that bubble. And to my knowledge, even in the military, the peons aren't aware of the information that are shared in upper ranks and so on. Generals aren't aware of every move the president makes, and the president certainly is not aware of every move that the corporations will make. So, your excuse for knowing everything first hand seems to be a rather dubious statement. I'll give you a pat on the back if it makes you feel better.

Oh...and I DO UNDERSTAND THAT REGION. I am a poly sci specialist who has studied the Muslim world and its history, therefore nothing you can tell me will serve as a grand illumination or force me to go, "Oh yeah, that's the reason why I should fear them." They are no more a threat to me than an Eskimo with an ice pick on mars.

The bigger picture for me is quite simple...stay out of their affairs, quit employing warlords, quit manipulating their politics, and then stealing their natural resources, and then you won't have much to worry about. Sounds about right...huh???

Your bigger picture entails stressing about stuff that only causes you and everyone else a headache.

When there is no more Ahmadinejad, who will you fear then? Would you feel better if we just nuked the whole region, that way we could finally go out there and set up some resorts? Would that be American enough???

America's own history, as short as it may be, is pretty damn bloody itself and I don't see too much that has changed. Lets get a view of how we're all divided against each other here, and then we'll see if its even worth entertaining or evaluating some other country's disfunctions.

Christian v.s atheist. Christian vs science. Christian vs Christian science. Christian vs Scientology. Christian vs Christian (baptist, methodist, Jehova's witness, Catholocism, Pentacostal, fundamentalism yada yada) Black vs White. White vs Hispanic, Democrat vs Republican, Conservative vs Liberal, animal rights activists, pro-life/pro-choice, Healthcare/non-healthcare (that one always confuses me...how could anyone be non-healthcare oriented???) Government vs people.

Hmmm, all of this sure makes Sunni vs Shiite seem pretty simplistic, doesn't it???

So, although I understand the Middle Eastern region quite well, the Western one is causing the most problems for me. You can definitely call yourself informed if you like, but, I just call it feeding your own paranoia. Had you never done a single tour, your life would never had been altered by a single person from that country, and I can personally say, mine has not been changed whatsoever as a result of their treatment of one another. And mind you, were finding out what Russia had to learn in the 80's the hard way...They're not going to stop fighting. EVER. WE WILL NOT BEAT THEM, AND OUR COUNTRY WILL BREAK ITSELF TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. If you're not seeing the effects of that already, then just wait about 5 more years when China finally says, "Screw it, we're not bailing your deadbeat behinds out of anything else."

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Seems like youre the one spouting fear, we dont FEAR anything we are just aware of whats going on.

And while im glad you have your books, that serves nothing so much as experience does.

Like a surgeon whose done a lot of reading and never performed an operation.
You can major in anything you want and read whatever you want , much like you accuse everyone on this board of buying in to, however personal up close experience with whats really going on there speaks volumes more then all your poly sci classes and ego.

Keep thinking they dont pose any threat to you, and keep thinking that given the chance these men wouldnt have you wiped out for not believing what they do.

Thats not my problem, the rest of us who really DO know how people like him think, have been there and have SEEN it and LIVED it, take our precautions, and while we dont fear it, we watch with caution.

Ignore it if you like and bury yourself in your books, after all , if it was up to him, youd read and see what HE wanted you to .

Good day!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join