It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If This Happened To You: Shopping While Black

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Dude, do you read?....

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You're missing the point

No, you're missing the point. This was a social experiment to see how many people would rush to the aid of blacks. The results were that 20% did. Meanwhile, take a look at interracial rape statistics.

20% of whites come to the defense of a black woman for being treated rudely, and according to the first link on the list, black men are 30 times more likely to rape white women than white men to rape black women.

But your reaction is to be angry at how blacks are being treated?

Double standard much?

Read this article. It is the reaction of a black journalist to a white couple being gang raped, tortured, and murdered by 6 blacks. The reaction from the black journalist? "Cry me a river."

WHY do you expect me to be angry that a black woman might be "treated rudely?"

[edit on 11-10-2009 by LordBucket]

I'm not angry and you totally misread my intention (read full posts much?) I'm simply explaining to someone who said that it was fake that these things do happen , then I replied by telling my story. I don't know where you got rape and the rest of your statistics that help your belief system , nor do I know how it relates to the op?

I don't expect you to be angry because a black woman was treated rudely , I'd expect you to get angry if ANY woman was treated rudely.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just read the comments to that link after I watched... are those fake, too?

I HATE DEM CRACKAS im so sicka them keepin the big strong Black woman down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the end of obama's second term, honky gone be OUR slaves. they already workin like niiiiiiiggaz to give me my welfare check and food stamps. now i need me a honkey house slave. obama gone make it happen!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Dude, do you read?....

Yes, I read. And I also already replied to this post you're quoting on page 7. Did you read it?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
yeah yeah, everyone's racist. Black people shouldnt be trusted blah blah blah.
As a social experiment, it's flawed. Let's see them use a white woman in the experiment, with black staff. See how many people come to her aid? I bet it'll be less than the 20% that stood up for the black woman

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ive seen so many white people discriminated against when you go into a store with primarily black people working. Yea im not white so dont call me racist.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Face the truth, truth about what? So i suppose MARCHING for equal rights only around 40 years ago was inaction of our forefathers to do anything huh? I guess it was the result of the inaction by my ancestors to do anything when our own damn Congress and Government passed Jim Crow to huh?

The past has everything to do with today. If things were fair and not racial biased and motivated back in the day we wouldn't have any of these problems, but it is something you obviously don't understand. And i mean it too since you are implying that the problems faced by black folks are entirely their own doing since they were released from bondage and the government and elected officials of Congress welcomed them into society with open arms. Yea black people were so welcomed by American society that the government had to step in and help with the desegregation of society, how stupid of me to forget that?!

The problems we face today are the problems created yesterday.

I think you have taken what I said the wrong way. I was not meaning to imply that victims of racism are to blame...that was not my intention in the least. Victims of racism are NOT to blame for being subjected to racism. However, if they choose to dwell on this racism that occurred in decades past and do not try to help themselves or those around them and do not try to move on and create better relations with others, then they contributing to their own misery. The same cycle will be repeated over and over and eventually you will find people are divided further at a later time. Do you see what I am saying?

[edit on 16/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Loud and clear and i agree 100% with what you say. Cool i thought you was trying to imply what i responded about, whew! However it's not that easy to just let go of something that you feel is unjustified and unAmerican, that's all.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join