It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! Health care workers/students being forced to take the Swine Flu vaccine please read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well it's finally hitting close to home. My fiance is a nursing student at a well known nursing school here in Atlanta. She recently learned that she would have a hold on her registration and grades if she does not have the Swine Flu vaccine by January of next year.

My question is, what are you health care workers and students doing in this situation? What tactics are you all using to not have the shot administered to you? Is there a waver available like there is with public schools?

Hopefully this thread can be a resource for those that are being forced to take it and do not want to. After all there is no law stating that you all have to take it. So please chime in if you are or have been in a situation akin to ours and tell what you are doing to combat it.

Thank you and God bless!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

This is up to the discretion of the university, but it's nothing new.

My mother has been working in the health care field all of her life, she has to get seaonal flu vaccines.

My dad also works in the health care field, he also has to take vaccines. Although he can refuse, but he has to explain on what grounds he refuses a vaccine.

As for students, I am going to enter an EMS program at my college, and I have to supply documentation that I have received the standard vaccinations. This includes seasonal flu if I am attending courses during the winter or fall. I am guessing that by the time I get anywhere, they will want me to be vaccinated against H1N1. But I'm going to wait on that until it is safe to take.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Miraj]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Shameless bump to bring attention to this thread...

Is no one else being affected by this on a personal level? I could still use sound advice from people in the health care field as to what I can do in this situation.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is mandatory in NY state also. Health care workers are not just doctors and nurses. They are all the other people employed by hospitals, doctors offices ans ground and air ambulance companies including admin and mechanics. Unfortunately, New York did not get enough of the vaccines to vaccinate everyone they have mandated. Plus they also want to vaccinate all of the school aged children in the state. This is both the regular flu vaccine and the H1N1.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My own wife who is just attending CU in Denver, was told she has to provide proof of mumps, measels, German measels and Rubella, or she cannot register. Or... she can pay the university 103 bucks to get all of these. Or if she tries to get a waiver, she is "subject to the prevailing regulations governing quarantines in case of outbreaks and university policies related forfeiture of tuition and fees." This is new this year... I have no idea why they are doing this. Funny thing is H1N1 is not required. But this happening at the same time as all this H1N1 makes me very suspicous and the wording makes me leery. At 41, she does not have any records of the shots she got when she was a kid. What are they thinking?

new topics

top topics

join