It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC asks the question we're all thinking - 'What happened to global warming?'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
BBC News

What happened to global warming?

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

And our climate models did not forecast it, even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise.

So what on Earth is going on?

Climate change sceptics, who passionately and consistently argue that man's influence on our climate is overstated, say they saw it coming.

Personally, I don't buy the whole global warming issue. I just don't trust TPTB and the constant barrage of Global Warming warnings, doomsday scenarios and dodgy science from the mainstream media.

I think the BBC is just trying to cover it's behind by skirting around the issue - that for the last decade we haven't really seen much global warming!

The trouble is that if it is going to happen, I don't think it will be a sudden change, and therein lies the problem. It's obvious that we are adding CO2 into the atmosphere, the greenhouse effect seems to add up, so global warming is easy to sell.

If they weren't trying to control us, bring in carbon taxes and make it sound so apocalyptic I might be more inclined to believe them. I guess it's the foil hat wearer in me!

[edit on 11-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since CO2 is heavy, there should be and increased amount at ground level and low lying areas like valleys, and mine shafts.
It simply cannot stay up in the atmosphere.
This is an unrealistic expectation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That is why they are trying to rename it "Climate Change".

The gloom and doom computer models and predictions were WRONG but they are "this close" to implementing the "Carbon Credit Scam" which will make them RICH beyond belief. Think about it about $200.00 per household per month... hell of a tax! The Government wants it and the Wall Street Paper traders really want it. Cha Ching!!

Then they can take their new tax and give it to the "Green Companies" that will in turn give it back to their "reelection campaigns".

With not a single ton of carbon actually reduced.... wonderful scam.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So many scientists are just cabbages, when trying to come up with answers. Remember most of them are just people who did not have there life destroyed in school, so they made it through. This means they are often not as intelligent as they think, compared to many of us.

Lol at global warming.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Global Warming now known as Global Climate Change next to be known as the largest fraud to be attempted on the World.

Everyone connected with it should be arrested, bound for trial on treason and fraud and than hung.

It was the plan of the Global Elite 30 years ago-than known as Global Cooling. So now we are supposed to believe it is Climate Change. Fracking idiots will be chiming in here to say I and others are naysayers. Well Frack you and the other sheeple that believe anything out of the mouths of the Gore and his ilk.

All to implement the largest tax increase and the building industry takeover ever. Research the House Bill and tell me what it implements.

Bank Industry taken over or wiped out. Auto Industry taken over or wiped out. Agriculture taken over or wiped out. Transportation taken over or wiped out.

Now Health Care Industry takeover.

WHEN WILL YOU WAKE UP TO THE GOVERNMENT AND THE MEGA CORPORATIONS PLANS

No competition. No self reliance. No small business. No self will. You need them for everything. Hell, they are instituting a ban on fishing, hunting will be next-and if you do not need to hunt-what do you need those pesky guns for.

THE ENDISNIGHE

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What we have all been thinking

Mmmm sorry I dont let the same companies who worked for the tabbacco industries saying scientists said it was safe, and who work for exxon etc and Bush et al when in power tell me nothing is happening...

Thats for the sheeple who have fallen for the Tax angle, which of course is just the same rape of the masses as the housing and credit card scam, but It does not mean that There is nothing happening,

Reporting from Nome, Alaska - Most days in Nome, you're not likely to run into anybody you didn't see at the Breakers Bar on Friday night. More than 500 roadless miles from Anchorage, rugged tundra and frigid Bering Sea waters have a way of discouraging visitors.

So it was a big deal when the World, a 644-foot residential cruise ship with condos costing several million dollars apiece, dropped anchor during the summer for a two-day look-see.

"We never had a ship anywhere near this size before," Chamber of Commerce director Mitch Erickson said. "My guess is they've probably been everywhere else in the world, and now they're going to the places most people haven't seen yet."

That's about to change.

The record shrinking of the polar ice cap is turning the forbidding waters at the top of the world into important new shipping routes.

Wheres the north pole going/gone then?

Just been towed away as bottled water?

Melted because it ISNT getting warmer in the oceans (where global warming starts, but most people dont know enough to understand this)

Just yesterday...

HALIFAX, N.S. — A trio of adventurers sailed into a dreary and damp Halifax harbour Saturday, marking the end of a four-month journey that saw them navigate the treacherous waters of the Northwest Passage aboard a 12-metre sailing sloop.

The Open Passage Expedition was the brainchild of Manitoba native Cameron Dueck, a journalist and avid sailor who lives in Hong Kong.

The goal was to document through photographs, video and anecdotes the effects climate change is having on the lives of the people who inhabit the remote communities of Canada's Arctic.

Yeah right its the TPTB just wanting money of us, the Ice isnt really melting, the glaciers have not nearly all gone, the Oceans have not been recorded to have the "fingerprint" of global warming (mans contribution Woods Hole like 6 yrs ago!!) beyond a soubt, and all the Eskimos and native people are just drunks and tripping out.......

Whatever the situation with Tax and credits and such like, the climate is without a doubt warming.

Elf

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts. You can believe me or not, or do your own research.

Where were the glaciers during the Ice Age? Great Lakes in North America, and also covering most of Britain. These two areas of the world have been 10 degrees colder the past few years. That means an Ice Age has possibly begun.

During the Ice Age, Alaska wasn't covered in glaciers. I'm pointing out areas where glaciers once were. They are the areas seeing the most cooling now. We are in an interglacial period now. If that ends (and it seems like it) the world will plummet into a 90,000 year Ice Age: this means deserts will expand also, which means global starvation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I agree. But in the end left/right republican/democrat will vote for HOW MUCH instead of whether they should be doing it at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Whatever the situation with Tax and credits and such like, the climate is without a doubt warming.

Elf

Without getting into a pissing match with you (as I like the way you communicate and sometimes agree with you) I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to remember this statement in a few years. Climate change is a cycle (IMHO) and it will happen again in the future with or without us as it has in the past, with and without us. See through this scam. It's noting more than a smoke screen and distraction.

P.S. I like our planet too, I just hate hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by endisnighe

I agree. But in the end left/right republican/democrat will vote for HOW MUCH instead of whether they should be doing it at all.

sadly, your statement is too true. Sad times indeed.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
So many scientists are just cabbages, when trying to come up with answers. Remember most of them are just people who did not have there life destroyed in school, so they made it through. This means they are often not as intelligent as they think, compared to many of us.

Lol at global warming.

What are you talking about? Are you saying those who dedicate their lives to intellectual endeavors are worthless? Sounds like you never made it through school or at least no amount of higher education and you are blaming it on your "destroyed life" (most likely none of your own fault and impossible to overcome). Some of the most influential and intelligent minds in history battled ignorance around them that threatened their lives (that is real sacrifice). Yes, I agree that some scientists are crooked and support or research topics such as global warming because that is where the grant money is. This does not mean that all scientists are like this. Most search for truth and understanding of the world around us. Don't forget that these "cabbages" make life better for us everyday.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

And what is driving that cycle? Everyone is quick to say it is natural, yet no one can tell me what that natural cycle is.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Ice ages come pretty routinely. We had one just a little while ago. Gonna be about another 80k years before another.

As to answer the question: the slightly lower temperature is only temprorary. Just like on any decent graph, there are slight dips because of el nino. When el nino returns, the thermostat is expected to heat up, even hotter then 1998.

BTW, this year was the warmest on record for ocean temperatures. Don't start celebrating yet.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, well, well. What a surprise! Aren't we conspirators said the same... ahem, let's see... three years ago? And we're not even scientists, just some "ignorant", "stupid", "fool" conspirator. Congratulations guys. This is another proof, which is presenting why conspirators have a right to exist and are necessary on the planet.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I seen this and thought why the hell would the BBC report on it?

Then someone got there assess kicked and this was reported.

news.bbc.co.uk...
'Scary' climate message from past
By Richard Black
Environment correspondent, BBC News website

Data came from samples brought up by the drilling ship Joides Resolution
A new historical record of carbon dioxide levels suggests current political targets on climate may be "playing with fire", scientists say.

No one can make up there minds on this one personaly I don't think we could possibly have such a big impact as they claim.

To me it just looks like another way to tax people. Theres talk of France charging citizens 17 euro per tonne

news.bbc.co.uk...

arcording to www.climatechangewales.org.uk...

The average persons carbon footprint is 10 tonnes per year.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if this tax because reality that figure will be adjusted every other day to increase tax.

Big buisness will be immune and polititions will have there tax paid by us.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There are major Ice Ages and mini Ice Ages. We are definitely due for a major one, if you can research temperature-change over the past 100s of thousands of years. It's fairly consistant and easy to see we're due for one. Go to a library I can't find a good source on the net.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What happened to global warming?

Well, you might laugh at me, but I actually think enough people thought it was a load of bull so they did not go through with it.

That, or our politicians really do believe everything they hear, and it took them a very long time to finally realize they are idiots. No wait... never mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
......again....If man made global warming is real, how the hell are we heating up the rest of the planets in the solar system at the same relative rate:::

OR!! I CAN HAS CAR ON MARS?!?!?!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ships have always pulled into Nome Alaska
www.nomealaska.org...

Global warming has nothing to do with cruise ships pulling into Nome.
The only reason cruise ships do not pull into Nome is because there are no port facilities for cruise ships.
Nome has been a mining town since it was founded.
It has no tourist traps for cruise ships.
The only way you have ever been able to get to Nome has been by ship, plane or dogsled. there are no roads to Nome
A friend of mine's family has been mining outside of Nome for the last 80 years. They only mine for the 3 summer months a year and spend the rest of the year in sunny Calif where its warm.

vilda.alaska.edu.../cdmg2&CISOPTR=3071&REC=15
vilda.alaska.edu.../cdmg13&CISOPTR=2157&REC=19
www.boattest.com...
fairbanks-alaska.com...
vilda.alaska.edu.../cdmg11&CISOPTR=6734&REC=27

This is just another planted story to make us believe in global warming.
They believe that most people would not know that ships visit Nome every year and have for over 100 years.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

The major ice ages occur every 100, 000 years. Despite that, the cooling and warmign occurring before or after takes a very long time, thousands of years at least. Certainly not to be witnessed during a person's lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join