It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters Of The Dangerous Kind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Following on from my previous thread Close Encounters With Mechanical Beings i thought i would make a new one collecting some of the best medical evidence that supports the claims of witnesses. The intent of this thread is not to prove aliens or alien spacecraft exist. The intent is to show that some people have been exposed to something extraordinary. Whether it is strange craft or some extreme, unknown natural phenomenon, the medical evidence lends some serious credibility to their stories.

I will cut down the details of the encounters to a minimum and concentrate on the physical injuries and illnesses that were documented.

Case 1 - The Piney Woods/Cash-Landrum Incident, December 29th, 1980, USA

Source - www.ufocasebook.com...

I had to start with possibly one of the most famous cases involving physical harm and medical evidence.

Betty Cash was driving, accompanying her was her friend Vickie Landrum, and Vickie's seven year old grandson, Colby. They came upon a strange craft hovering over the middle of the road, the craft was periodically expelling a fiery jet towards the road surface. Betty pulled the car over and they all exited the vehicle as it was getting to hot inside of it. Betty stood the closest to the craft and had the longest exposure.

After this incident the witnesses went home as fast as possible. Within a couple of hours they were all extremely unwell, Bettys' eyes had swollen shut, her neck was
blistered and she was feeling very nauseated. The other two suffered similar symptoms but to a lesser degree. By the next morning Betty was in and out of conciousness.

After a few days Betty was admitted to hospital and was treated for burns. Her eyes
had swollen so badly she could not see properly for a week and her hair was starting to fall out, the other two suffered similar symptoms. All three of them were treated for radiation sickness, open sores began to develop on their skin, they lost weight and Betty was diagnosed with skin cancer.

Whether they saw a UFO or not i think it is safe to say that these people were exposed to something out of the ordinary.

Case 2 - The Stephen Michalak/Falcon Lake Encounter, May 20th, 1967, Canada

Source - www.ufoevidence.org...

Stephen Michalak was an engineer who's hobby was geology. He was hunting for minerals by Falcon Lake when he spotted 2 objects in the air, one flew away but the other appeared to land not far from him. He approached the object and a doorway opened, and as he got closer the door closed. He reached out to touch the object, it was hot and he withdrew his hand but his glove had in that short moment been burnt. The object then tilted and blasted off, Mr. Michalak claims he was hit by the exhaust coming from a grid patterned vent. His shirt caught fire and he quickly removed it.

He trekked two miles back to the highway, vomiting several times, he received treatment for first degree burns. Photographs of both the burns on his chest and the
glove can be found in the linked source, however it should be noted that the grid
pattern did not appear until fifteen months after the incident was reported. Two days
later his inital treatment he returned to the doctor feeling unwell, he was given
painkillers and anti nausea medication. For several days he was unable to keep food
down and lost 22 pounds in weight.

Most importantly as evidence goes, his blood lymphocyte (a type of white blood cell)
count went down, he was also suffering rashes, skin infections, nausea, diarrhoea,
hives, blackouts and was feeling generally weak and dizzy. His joints were also
swollen.

As an additional nod towards proof, the Canadian Department Of National Defense
examined the area where the incident took place and found higher than normal radiation readings along with silver fragments that had been exposed to heat.

Case 3 - Esko Viljo and Aarno Heinonen, January 7th, 1970, Finland

Source - www.ufoevidence.org...

Two skiers had stopped on a very cold night to warm up. Suddenly there was a buzzing noise and a glowing object appeared, accompanied by a dense fog that spread throughout the forest as the object descended into a clearing. The two skiers saw a figure appear through the fog but before they could get a good view there was a dazzling explosion of light that cleared the fog.

Heinonen, who had been closer to the flash became paralysed on one side of his body. Viljo helped to drag/carry him to the local village. Henonen was vomiting frequently, he had a terrible headache and his urine was dark black in colour. A doctor who examined Heinonen said that he was showing symptoms of radiation sickness. The symptoms eventually subsided. Viljo did not come away without symptoms despite being further away from the flash. He suffered problems with his eyes and became lethargic.

From the linked source as an interesting extra

A strange thing happened in June 1970 when the two witnesses revisited the site
together with a Swedish journalist, a photographer and an interpreter; the hands of
the three strangers suddenly became red, and Heinonen had to leave the site with a
powerful headache.

These are the cases that have always stayed with me but i'm sure there are plenty of others. Feel free to add some, i hope you enjoy the thread

[edit on 11-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Interesting thread.

One of the witnessess in this incident got sunburned on the face...which is quite strange as the USAF explained the sighting away as the planet Venus:

The White Sands Jeep Patrol Incident:

At 3:00 a.m. (MST) - 4:00 a.m. Levelland time - November 3, two military policemen on routine patrol at the White Sands missile range, reported an egg-shaped UFO which descended over the base.
Cpl. Glenn H. Toy and Pfc. James Wilbanks, patrolling in a jeep, noticed a "very bright object" high in the sky. The object descended to a point about 50 yards above a bunker which was used during the first atomic bomb explosion. Then its light blinked out. A few minutes later the light flared up again, becoming bright "like the sun," dropped toward the ground on a slant about 3 miles away and disappeared. According to Lt. Penney, the M.P.'s described the UFO as egg-shaped, and about 75-100 yards in diameter. Cpl. Toy stated: "It looked like a completely controlled landing."

That evening, about 8:00 p.m., Sp. 3/C Forest R. Oakes and Sp. 3/C Barlow, on another two-man jeep patrol, reported seeing an unidentified light hanging above the old A-bomb bunker. Oakes described it as "200 or 300 feet long. . . very bright." The patrol was about 2-3 miles west of the bunker. As the M.P.'s watched, the UFO took off climbing at a 45 degree angle, its light pulsating on and off. Moving slowly, sometimes stopping, the UFO gradually diminished to a point of light "like a big star," and finally disappeared.

www.nicap.org...

White Sands Engineer:

About 17 hours after the second jeep patrol sighting at White Sands, James Stokes, a high altitude research engineer at the base, watched an elliptical UFO maneuver over the area. Stokes also looked up and saw a large, whitish egg-shaped object moving in and out of clouds to the northeast, in the direction of the Sacramento Mountains, The UFO made a shallow dive, turned and crossed the highway a few miles ahead. As the UFO flashed by, Stokes felt a wave of heat. (His face later appeared "sunburned.")

Moving at fantastic speed, the featureless object turned sharply and disappeared over the Organ Pass west of the base. In a taped interview broadcast on station KALG, Stokes estimated the speed at 2500 mph.It was "definitely a solid object," he said.

www.nicap.org...

USAF explanation:

The Army jeep patrols sightings were evaluated as "astronomical." The release said:
"Astro plots indicate Venus is at magnitude at the time, place and direction of the first patrol's observation, and the Moon, with scattered clouds, was in general direction of the second patrol's observation."

www.nicap.org...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is a little side note, but I think there's a high probability that the unknown craft in the Cash-Landrum incident was actually some secret project that apparently employed a very rudimentary or dirty nuclear propulsion system.

Assuming this was the case, it makes it even worse for the Air Force/Military that had no problem in covering up an incident that negatively impacted the health and lives of three innocent civilians, one of them being a child.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds like something I heard about on C2C.

The Nazi Bell.

www.google.com...

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Symbiote]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Stephen Michalak case is still one of the best to me. Didnt realize the grid pattern was so much latter, always assumed it was a few days, rather than that many months.

As with the Taylor case the guy had no reason to make the story up, and to self mutilate himself wouldnt make a good explanation. Not to mention the radiation like symptoms.

Id also agree with Converge about the Cash-Landrum case, mainly since in that old semi dis-closure event they tried in the 80's UFO cover-up who had that fake insider Falcon mentioned the UFO was alien tech being flown by human Pilots... since Falcon and Condor was eventually outed as a fake (sure hope i got that right) id say it was more likely the opposite of what those two said, ie human tech (possibly designed on alien).

Either way it happened, alien or no which points to an aweful alot when you think about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

As stated the thread is only about presenting the verifable medical evidence that proves something happened to these people. What that something was is always going to be up for debate. What i do find interesting however is the witnesses often talking of light and heat and then suffering radiation sickness like symptoms.

That level of radiation is rare in nature, if not impossible to expose yourself to over such a short length of time.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good thread! I have heard of the ones mention but mostly the second one stands out. I have read about that one before and I could have sworn I have seen it on some show like Unsolved Mysteries before. He is a really good thread on ATS about this case:

Stefan Michalak

S&F now I am going to read some more about the other two

[edit on 10/11/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I forgot one! Oh well i won't edit my original post as some people may then miss it.

Case 4 - The Fort Itaipu Incident, November 4th, 1957

Source - en.wikipedia.org...

Two men noticed an object speeding towards the fort they were guarding, the object stopped 300 meters above the fort. They estimate the object was 30 meters in diameter and circular in shape. The UFO began to hum loudly and the men felt an incredible sensation of heat, there was no extra light or flame coming from the cracft at this time, just the humming sound.

The mens clothes burst into flame and they screamed, one of them hid underneath a cannon. The lights at the fort went out so the other troops could not get to the men. After a minure the lights returned and some of the soliders saw the UFO speed off.

It's difficult to find an exact report on the injuries but some i have read say the men suffered 1st and second degree burns.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

your link doesnt work

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yep sorry i missed a letter in the address, thanks for pointing it out

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know very little about Radiation beyond what Fallout 3 has taught me (Decreased Stats and if you gets the Mutated perk, you gain health and regen when on Advanced
) But how come in these few cases people suffer from being near the UFO? And How come this doesn't happen in other UFO cases? Like when the Contact claims to have walked up to the UFO or been close to it? Wouldn't they gain the same effects?. Sorry if thats hard to understand or nothing makes sense, its like 7mins to 5 o clock and I needs some sleep

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Its Blue Nose

Off the top of my head i could think of a few reasons.

1) It depends on what kind of power source the UFO is using.

2) It depends on what kind of propulsion the craft is using.

3) It depends if the craft is designed to have any kind of shielding to stop it projecting radiation.

4) It depends if the craft has some kind of power setting that when set higher allows faster travel but also increased outside radiation. Maybe they also havea cloaking device that when it malfunctions it bleeds radiation.

Basically i'm saying that there could be many reasons that we cannot possibly understand as these craft, if they exist are using technology well beyond our understanding.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Its Blue Nose

Is it possible that, the UFO's that leak radiation are the secret Government projects, whilst the ones made by extraterrestrials don't use such a dangerous propulsion system, or they've found a way to stop radiation leakage.

[edit on 11/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I am telling you, look up the Nazi's Bell. Hint: it isn't actually a bell.

Was researching energy weapons a few months back and ran into several Coast2Coast shows concerning them, and one covered the Nazis and a secret project that involved anti-gravity devices involving 2 counter-rotating shells and radiation.

Sounds like what you are describing here. Apparently the slaves that were working on or near the "bell" were exposed to heavy levels of radiation as a result.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

I am well aware of the Nazi bell and the location of it is well known. There are several reports as to what went on there. Several of them say that a mercury gas was exposed to an incredible magnetic field and then either disks were spun outside of this misture, the misture itself was spun or disk were spun outside of it. the scientists were reportedly becoming ill after multiple exposure to these experiments. However as mercury was involved maybe it was simply some kind of poisoning.

The experiment needed huge amounts of power, so much so that power was directly piped from a local power station with nice thick cables. What went on there? Who knows.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
This is a little side note, but I think there's a high probability that the unknown craft in the Cash-Landrum incident was actually some secret project that apparently employed a very rudimentary or dirty nuclear propulsion system.

Assuming this was the case, it makes it even worse for the Air Force/Military that had no problem in covering up an incident that negatively impacted the health and lives of three innocent civilians, one of them being a child.

I agree. What I don’t understand though is why they were going near people and causing radiation burns or poisoning. I’m sure they were aware of the damage these crafts can inflict on living things so what was going through their head? Just bizarre.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMadHatter

I agree. What I don’t understand though is why they were going near people and causing radiation burns or poisoning. I’m sure they were aware of the damage these crafts can inflict on living things so what was going through their head? Just bizarre.

Consider when this was. Maybe they were struggling with the technology, whether is was alien or simply earth made, really experimental stuff. It is possible that it went off course, became unstable and they couldn't control it's direction. They would need to keep it on friendly soil and some poor people simply got in the way.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Could be but it doesn’t sound like extraterrestrial activity to me IMHO. People have a tendency to add a bit to reports or events so it might be embellished a little like a fish story. I know we have advanced quite a bit since then but I don’t think genuine UFOs would change much over time so that’s why it sounds like a gov project when I read these stories. The craft having a “grid patterned vent” in Stephens report should be a good clue. I think they’re smart enough to stay away from people if they want to keep the project secret. Perhaps they were trying to see what the public would do after seeing physical evidence of the event? We can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMadHatter

I love to play devils advocate. So let us assess something and then assume something.

The assesment is that real, physical problems occured. These included horrible injuries the likes of which would only be possibly with exposure to refined nuclear matierals.

The assumption is that either this was caused by alien technology or highly advanced human technology. Either way this stuff needs be to exposed because it violates the known laws of physics.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by TheMadHatter

I love to play devils advocate. So let us assess something and then assume something.

The assesment is that real, physical problems occured. These included horrible injuries the likes of which would only be possibly with exposure to refined nuclear matierals.

The assumption is that either this was caused by alien technology or highly advanced human technology. Either way this stuff needs be to exposed because it violates the known laws of physics.

I agree with you on that. I think they should stop hiding this stuff from us whether it’s alien tech or government. I just was talking about one of many different topics that this story can bring up.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by TheMadHatter]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join