It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A heartbroken father shows us how to protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is my first breaking news posting, so I'm trying to follow the protocols for doing this, so I figured that practice would make perfect and this first post is far from perfect.

A grief-stricken father has shown a powerful way to protest...

www.guardian.co.uk...

...with his peaceful, yet powerful way of protesting his son's senseless death in Iraq.

Interesting that one of the most powerful actions of the week turned out to be a non-action. Peter Brierley – father of Lance Corporal Shaun Brierley, one of the first to die in Iraq, at St Paul's to commemorate soldiers and personnel killed in the conflict – refusing to shake Tony Blair's hand, with the words: "I am not shaking your hand. You have got blood on it." Blair – clearly shocked, was bustled away by security, the whole thing akin to some bizarre inversion of the usual over-zealous fan/reluctant celebrity scenario.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Blair should never be let near society again, the man is an absolute menace to humans and there lifes.

Nanny state, i bet there is no nanny state running his slimeball life, where he commits and authorises murder at will, scum.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
GOOD!
Something so small but yet so powerful.
Good on this man, he has the right and deserves to say what he did.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Blair – clearly shocked, was bustled away by security, the whole thing akin to some bizarre inversion of the usual over-zealous fan/reluctant celebrity scenario.

The man cannot even take responsibility- has to be 'bustled away by security'?

A REAL leader would have accepted the responsibility on the SPOT, and at least apologized.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Refusing to shake hands is a seemingly small gesture, yet it always sends a powerful message. Non-violent forms of protest are often much more effective than destructive ones.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In this simple refusal to shake Blair's hand he showed more dignity than the entire apparatus of the UK state.

I hope this becomes the way forward for ordinary people in the UK to show their displeasure in a non-violent manner.

In the unlikely event of meeting Blair I hope I would act with half as much restraint and dignity.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I do notice that this was in no way reported on the News channels, just show who is in control off them all.

Godd for him pitty there is not more like him who can show Blair how they feel about him.

Blair will not bother, he is to become the EU President after all. God help us all then.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's a very strong message to Tony and Bush whoose hands are soaked in blood of millions of lives. As mentioned in the article it correctly states;

"Flesh-and-blood interaction somehow having an arrow's power, like no headline or soundbite or even military report has, to puncture the bubble of a professional politico's desensitisation."

"Sometimes, it seems, it's inaction that speaks louder than words."

Bravo!!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The dailymail has some good photos from this event. The comment section shows that nearly all commenters agree with Mr. Brierleys gesture and that Blair is despised by his fellow countrymen.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Somehow the worst sociopaths always make it to the top. The disgusting Bliar will probably be the first President of the EU.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

That was one hell of a powerful statement, the kind of phrase that will stick with someone forever. It could be spoken softly and yet it reverberates like a loud clear bell.

All praise to the man.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
those images in the daily mail show us how perverse our governments really are...poor children wearing their poor fathers medals...told to wear them with pride...its SO sad...

the image in the church telling us basically that an honourable life is more important than a long one...PERFECT propaganda from both the church and the government.

IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It was a heartfelt protest, but it was not enough. Not near enough. Blair, bush and company deserve a face full of wet steaming juicy cowpie.

You really have to wonder how the media has become completely hamstrung in the face of such bold state criminals. I realize that corporations own the media but when almost no voices of dissent whatsoever get out ........

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Great gesture. Too bad it be lost on Mssr. Blair, him being a sociopath and all. You see, sociopaths live in their own little 24-hour-a-day, self-enclosed, hermetically-sealed ego bubbles, and events like that are simply casue for breief bafflement ("Why didn't that man recognize my innate greatness? Poor man, must be something wrong with him..."), rather than inducements to soul-searching.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Now if that had been me, I'd have simply handed out a bit of plain old justice in the form of a swift punch in the face. Give the bugger something to remember me by, and it'd be worth a bit of time in clink too (in fact, you'd likely be hailed a hero for doing so by a majority of the population).

Blair, as mentioned, is a sociopath who just doesn't care about the people of this country or those affected by his, or should I say his masters, policies around the globe.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
I do notice that this was in no way reported on the News channels, just show who is in control off them all.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I'm not whether it's actually true. The story is actually a few days old now and broke before the weekend. I saw the story covered quite a bit on television as well as newspapers. It was covered by both Murdoch and the BBC as well as the likes of the Guardian and the Mail and so on. Whether you adhere to Murdoch conspiracies or whether the BBC is merely a governmental mouthpiece or your politics lean to the left or the right; everyone covered it!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is very moving and I support his view.

S and F

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Great post my friend.

A small protest, but oh... how poignant!

Stand up for your families at EVERY opportunity.

Apologies for this slight diversion from your Topic.

I can't be bothered making 10 posts before I can start a thread and this IS connected.

My Solution to ' Voter Apathy '

I have heard people say that they don't vote "because… "(There are many reasons. e.g. The politics threads are full of good reasons).

I usaully say, "I never vote, because I refuse to give my CONSENT

I thought about this for some time, until I came to the conclusion that there needs to be a easy, cost free, simple solution, for people like me, who are alienated from the political process, for whatever reason, to make an impact on every election.

So I thought, instead of GIVING my vote, why not WITHDRAW my vote instead. Use elections as a way of registering my PROTEST.

I decided that there is a need for a device that will be recognised as a mark of protest.
Something a bit more significant than 'a spoilt vote' which can easily be dismissed as 'mistake'.

So I have come up with a mark of protest . And here it is:

( picture of 'Chi Rho' should be here) Doh!

"WITH THIS SIGN I WILL CONQUER!"

Just six little words that the Emperor Constantine spoke when he used this sign. And boy did he did conquer.

When we go to vote, we are asked to select a candidate by making a mark on the ballot paper.

The mark that we are asked to make is this: X

Well the next time I vote, I will make this mark.

Marking the 'X' acknowledges that I am USING my vote, as is my right.
But by adding the ' P' (protest) I spoil (or withdraw) my vote from any of the listed candidates. (as I intend)

In fact I will put the Protest mark (XP) against ALL the candidates to make absolutely sure that, they know that NONE of them are acceptable,
and to make sure the paper is spoilt.

I Protest that the limited options on this ballot are excluding me my right to use my vote fairly.

For me, it will be my way of saying:

"I DO NOT GIVE MY CONSENT TO ANY OF THESE CANDIDATES TO ACT ON MY BEHALF".

I know that If I don't vote, not even a protest/spoiled vote, then I am not saying anything.

Many people already spoil their votes in protest, this is not new, but they are just dismissed as simpletons who can't even put an X on a ballot paper. "the idiots spoiled their ballots by accident again"

It can't be a mistake if a 'protest mark' is used, because it shows I know exactly what I am doing. No mistake.

In the UK the validity of a election may be questioned if there is an unusually high proportion of spoilt votes, and the actual number of spoilt votes is stated by the returning officer at the count. So protest voters could even measure the effect of their protests.

Of course I'm not encouraging anyone to spoil their votes, but if people started doing it... I would probably have a wry smile.

Well that’s all that people really need to know about my solution, It is as 'simple' as that.

A little about this 'Protest Mark'.

This very old design, that is made using the Greek letters X & P, In the past it has been credited with bringing incredible results, often against overwhelming odds, by those who were wise enough to use it.

X = chi ( pronounced Ki ) or 'Magnetic Susceptibility' or 'multiplied by' or 'No' or 'Wrong' or 'marks the spot' or 'a mark made when voting'.

P = rho ( Pronounced 'ro' ) or 'Density' or 'Protest when voting'

Together we get the design that is termed The 'Chi Rho' ( Pronounced 'Cairo' as in the Egyptian Capital ).

Chi Rho is said to stand for chreston, meaning "good", but there are many interpretations:

xp = key = Christ = a very sucsessful computer operating sytem = Constantine's sign = Orion = SOMETHING IMPORTANT, etc, etc.

Peace & Love

p.s. If some kind soul could post a picture of the 'Chi Rho' for people to see, I would be grateful. I don't know how to do it.

and remember... Great Oak's from little Acorns grow.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh, forgot to say...

You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Ha ha

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Powerful? how weak have the people of England become?

If Tony Blair killed my son, he would get kicked in the nuts and face. Refusing to shake hands, how is that some burn to Tony B?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Such a powerful message sent in such a way that could be easy to assume is a small gesture but to an Englishman such a gesture has many powerful psychological inferences that will reverberate through Mr Blair - the war criminal if he has even a modicum of humanity left within him.

Be under no illusions those who say otherwise. Had the father assaulted Blair the power of conveying that father’s loss would have been swept away as swiftly as the father would have been swept away, the act of violence overshadowing the message the father wished to impart.

Those words giving in such a way, a quietly dignified refusal to shake the hand of the man who sent his son off to die will have been much more damaging to Mr Blair than the hardest punch to the skull. To an Englishman such as Blair if you want to ram a massage home with true long lasting power you will need to be restrained yet succinctly to the point.

That is how you get to Mr Blair the war criminal and all the other liars with blood on their hands that sent Britain to war under the banner of fighting in our name under banners of freedom and peace. The goal of finding weapons of mass destruction was just a means to an end, a cynical engine of war that was well implemented and so persuasive... All a lie!

My respects go to that man and I hope this is the first sign of a dignified course of action by more Britain’s that will start with more people reacting to Mr Blair’s horrible little presence and end with Mr Blair taking responsibility at the Haig at some point in the near future, forced to face up to what he has done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join